Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Nailed it, Evans will be brought back in and we will at some point revert to tip tappy football.

Only place Evans is going is either on the bench or the knackers yard.

Still cannot believe people who have zero humility and would rather double down because he said some mean things about fans. lol

• Like 1

It's been an amazing turnaround.. You can't deny the results or the quality of the football.. 

I have been wondering if I should be getting a knife and fork, and a plate..

and then getting some words and putting them on that plate..

other options include:

1. Eat Hat 

2. Humble Pie

3. Own Medicine (n.b. doesn't really fit) 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, NasPb said:

Just hope Rodgers remains RELATIVELY humble 

Pragmatic and above all versatility 

We don't need 1000 passes every minute, let's not play tiki taka for the sake of it. Sometimes it's needed, some times it's not 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxsake said:

It's been an amazing turnaround.. You can't deny the results or the quality of the football.. 

I have been wondering if I should be getting a knife and fork, and a plate..

and then getting some words and putting them on that plate..

other options include:

1. Eat Hat 

2. Humble Pie

3. Own Medicine (n.b. doesn't really fit) 

Early days. 

49 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Early days. 

...I cannot see him going back to the old style of possession-based football!!!

I think Faes, Knudsen, and Glover have just saved his career. Now he has genuine leadership on the pitch, someone that can spot problems in our play and have the know-how to address them and someone who can spot a player and bring them in way under budget, Rogers has just struct gold, he would be unwise not to value it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Only place Evans is going is either on the bench or the knackers yard.

Still cannot believe people who have zero humility and would rather double down because he said some mean things about fans. lol

After Pep & Klop had also dropped a few bombs towards some of their fan base....They are correctly still in their top jobs.

Some FT  fans can't take the everyday heatof football managers remarks,

so in their immaturity,they want nothing more,than to build totally irrelevant agendas..( some will be defiled because I use immaturity)

"Bad,boy Rodgers how dare he come out with such utterances"

Just by n by, our considered own top managers..

M.Gillies, Bloomfield, O'Niel,Pearson,

quiet boy Ranieri, have had pops at the fans,some a few times...

Really,Really..get over it,there's more important issues than your  hypocritical wounded vanity..

We are British, most people are above crying over what a football manager might or does say...

Laughable high screeching noise,noise & noise...something the balanced fans every year actually criticise the soap-opera-media over...

The poor darlings can't take the pressure they feel in a poor run,so go ballistic,then find irrelant fault over words..

oh I was behind him being replaced...

because we were playing simply poor

Football...However the club,Top were also seeing,knowing things we has fans are often blind to. Improved but still presenting a short fall in resources..financial,off-field matters, coupled with  difficulties in player resources, nothing really to do with the manager,but obviously affecting any managers's scope and development.

Words would of been exchanged,but most likely,not anything the fans would immediately grasp...

Not investing this summer means we were truly, somehow,somewhere in the Shit, that has nothing to do with Rodgers.Rodgers or any PL manager has little input in how resources are handled, other than "suggesting" what type, what positions have priority...

So not trusting Rodgers with transfer funds,is bunkum, no PL manager has that power. So such investments like Vestergaard, Bertrand,Soumare are not really in his hands,mind you at the time under last minute pressure because of events he would of been begging even for a Carthorses,who could show they,knew what a ball was...& gave a last,no choice, & final say..

Now then fighting to keep certain players,some already out of his hands Expressing their desire to leave,

for various reasons.

Mendy,Praet,Soumare ,Soyuncu, though he would have a lot of influence & persuavage discussions,Some agents just couldn't get a better deal other players thought they are better off here.

Kasper had often said he wanted one more challenge, so no real suprise..

Though he seemed to leave through the back entrance, maybe none of the parties wanted such a furore, & nothing sinister behind it..The chance came up & thought I'll have some of that..

Not forgetting neither Maddison nor Tielemans have put in a request to leave...Their agents ,will always put out

Feelers, but the rest was fan assumption ,& media prodding & creating platforms of possibilities,

but nothing based on fact, again assumption & noise.

ALso not forgetting all fans love playing

the ITK card...I have known at least 2-3

city employees over the years,I don't go

regurgitating some small knowledge or tittle tattle,to the world or profess to have inside knowledge...What's the point..! It would be misconstrued, misused & abuse of trust.

• Like 4

I was firmly in the Rodgers out camp, the results were horrid, the negativity surrounding the club and his general demeanour looked to be sending the club into a dangerous spiral and it looked like a change was needed to steady the ship. 

The biggest surprise to me in all of this is the changes by Rodgers himself, the subtle tweaks in style, the new found positivity and the fact he seems to be taking on board input from others (largely Knudsen) all from

a man who had previously demonstrated a steely stubbornness to do it his way. 

I have never doubted that a fully focused and motivated Rodgers is a great fit for our club and when he gets the balance right we produce some wonderful attacking football, however let’s not kid ourselves he has flaws, and unfortunately when those behaviours are on show, it can have a devastating impact to results, performances and morale at a club. 

I like so many others, an absolutely delighted he has proven me wrong and turned this situation around, for a start we are climbing the table, playing well and we have just saved ourselves a fortune in pay offs. 

fair play to Top in all of this as he held his nerve, backed his judgement whilst others questioned what he was doing, and most importantly seems to have dealt with Rodgers petulant behaviour since the start of the season. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I was firmly in the Rodgers out camp, the results were horrid, the negativity surrounding the club and his general demeanour looked to be sending the club into a dangerous spiral and it looked like a change was needed to steady the ship. 

The biggest surprise to me in all of this is the changes by Rodgers himself, the subtle tweaks in style, the new found positivity and the fact he seems to be taking on board input from others (largely Knudsen) all from

a man who had previously demonstrated a steely stubbornness to do it his way. 

I have never doubted that a fully focused and motivated Rodgers is a great fit for our club and when he gets the balance right we produce some wonderful attacking football, however let’s not kid ourselves he has flaws, and unfortunately when those behaviours are on show, it can have a devastating impact to results, performances and morale at a club. 

I like so many others, an absolutely delighted he has proven me wrong and turned this situation around, for a start we are climbing the table, playing well and we have just saved ourselves a fortune in pay offs. 

fair play to Top in all of this as he held his nerve, backed his judgement whilst others questioned what he was doing, and most importantly seems to have dealt with Rodgers petulant behaviour since the start of the season. 

Sorry…? What petulant behaviour…

managers are allowed a voice, and occasionally have their oponions haggled over.

Trying to make out their was some slap on the wrist for Rodgers,is creating a

a platform of nonsense. 
I reiterate my past posts,what’s he said or done that shows lack of respect towards

the club…..I’ll tell you , absolutely nothing..,,

Your just farting in the wind..more like An individual or group of fans petulance..
Some weird fans love social media,that they can create way out theories…

instead of just going with boring facts of coaching a football club..

In fact today the front men,like Rodgers,Klopp,Pep,,Howe..etc,only manage the

relevant coaching & playing staff, their mandate is to coach..

Maybe in lower divisions,there are the old fashioned club managers,but  not anymore in the business of PL heiarchy.

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

I think Faes, Knudsen, and Glover have just saved his career. Now he has genuine leadership on the pitch, someone that can spot problems in our play and have the know-how to address them and someone who can spot a player and bring them in way under budget, Rogers has just struct gold, he would be unwise not to value it.

What the hell has Glover done to save his career? He’s literally not done anything  yet.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Struck gold implies he’s been lucky and had nothing to do with identifying weaknesses in the set up and found the people who can fill these gaps.

I don’t think they’ve saved his career, I think he’s made some good choices of personnel to come in and help the team. 

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Struck gold implies he’s been lucky and had nothing to do with identifying weaknesses in the set up and found the people who can fill these gaps.

I don’t think they’ve saved his career, I think he’s made some good choices of personnel to come in and help the team. 

.. I have Been saying for a long long time he needed someone to come and work with him!!!

He did not identify our problems,  the pundits on MoTD started saying what a lot of people were saying on  here. He then started to change the way we defended corners by leaving men on the halfway line to force teams to hold players back. That did not work as we were never the first to the ball when it came in.

Are these people he identified to come in and help? I really do not think so, as the club has little by little attempted to curb his influence throughout the club.

Perhaps his new disposition is down to having these people who know what they are doing and he is now forced to show a positive attitude. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

16 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

It would be the absolute correct way to go so let's hope so! Depends on his ego I think. He's certainly got the players to continue higher and certainly above halfway. 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2022 at 20:20, Matt said:

Abso-bloody-lutely.

Credit where credits due that he's actually changed the style - it's been a long time coming.

We've seen it before only to go back to his way but this time his change seems to be for a longer, sustained period, long may it continue.

I fear post World Cup it'll be back to his way but that's something worry about when we resume.

As i've just said in the post-match thread, in recent weeks we've seen far less possession than the pointless possession we've become accustomed to in the last 2 years, is there any coincidence we've had less but doing far more with what we have - more effective, efficient, exciting football, arguably having more success for it?

Looked into this and it's true - if you ranked our games by possession, all five wins come in the lowest eight games for possession. This does point to a shift in style. I'm with you. He's found a solution but I've seen enough from him to think that he could revert to type over time.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Looked into this and it's true - if you ranked our games by possession, all five wins come in the lowest eight games for possession. This does point to a shift in style. I'm with you. He's found a solution but I've seen enough from him to think that he could revert to type over time.

Around Christmas last year I sat down and compared games where we played better in and were successful in against games we struggled in.

A similar pattern emerged.

I have found the post and attached it below.

On 29/12/2021 at 14:29, Matt said:

I had a thought during and after last nights game, everyone knows I hate this possession for possession sake, I think i've made that clear, i'd much rather see possession with purpose and actually do something with the ball, I understand we've played like we have because it's supposed to draw the opponent onto you, it's a patient build up, yada, yada, yada, in my opinion it's debatable and arguable rarely happens.

Alot of the games we've played well in this season and i've gave praise after, we surrendered some of the ball, it was a more even game, we controlled the game in and out of possession.

There is alot made of our possession game and 'controlling the game' when we play that way, for me, we don't control the game playing that way, at all. The opposition are happy for us to have the ball, the dictate to us, pressure, and wait for us to make a mistake, certainly without of first choices or strongest team - even with our first choices and strongest team I don't agree with playing that way, playing into the oppositions hands, putting ourselves under pressure, doing half the job for the opposition.

I'm not a great fan of stats, I like to base my opinions on what I see as opposed to stats, stats can be used to manipulate things. That said i've looked at some stats and some might disagree and say i'm using them to manipulate things and fair enough, that's their prerogative lol

Games we've played well in, been successful and reaped rewards:

Leicester v Liverpool
Possession: 37% - 63%
Goal attempts: 6 - 21
Shots on goal: 1 - 4
Attacks: 66 - 161
Dangerous Attacks: 33 - 119
Won 1-0

Leicester v Newcastle
Possession: 47% - 53%
Goal attempts: 8 - 12
Shots on goal: 2 - 3
Attacks: 105 - 101
Dangerous Attacks: 39 - 59
Won 4-0

Leicester v Watford
Possession: 57% - 43%
Goal attempts: 18 - 16
Shots on goal: 8 - 5
Attacks: 94 - 104
Dangerous Attacks: 31 - 44
Won 4-2

Leicester v Legia
Possession: 56% - 44%
Goal attempts: 12 - 9
Shots on goal: 4 - 5
Attacks: 100 - 88
Dangerous Attacks: 45 - 40
Won 3-1

Leicester v Man Utd
Possession: 49% - 51%
Goal attempts: 22 - 18
Shot on goal: 11 - 6
Attacks: 110 - 101
Dangerous Attacks: 33 - 52
Won 4-2

As you can say, we've not exactly dominated games, infact we've been 'behind' in the stats in some of those games, but they've been resilient performances and I'd say we've dominated all those games, in and out of possession with overall good and satisfying performances.

Games 'dominated' or 'controlled' according to stats, but been awful performances, been put under (Or put ourselves under) pressure:

Leicester v Spartak Moscow
Possession: 73% - 27%
Goal attempts: 13 - 4
Shots on goal: 3 - 1
Attacks: 198 - 64
Dangerous Attacks: 96 - 17
Drew 1-1

Leicester v Arsenal
Possession: 64% - 36%
Goal attempts: 16 - 9
Shots on goal: 8 - 5
Attacks: 115 - 84
Dangerous Attacks: 46 - 27
Lost 0-2

Legia v Leicester
Possession: 38% - 62%
Goal attempts: 10 - 18
Shots on goal: 3 - 3
Attacks: 59 - 144
Dangerous Attacks: 19 - 72
Lost 1-0

Leicester v Burnley
Possession: 67% - 33%
Goal attempts: 22 - 9
Shots on goal: 5 - 3
Attacks: 99 - 99
Dangerous Attacks: 75 - 39
Drew 2-2 

Brighton v Leicester
Possession: 37% - 63%
Goal attempts: 12 - 14
Shots on goal: 5 - 3
Attacks: 86 - 125
Dangerous Attacks: 34 - 61
Lost 2-1

These are all games we 'controlled' or 'dominated', we won none, drew two.

Of course there are games we had even or worse stats than the opposition on and we were terrible and for balance i'll mention them, West Ham, Norwich, Palace, Leeds.

I think it goes without saying we're still a better team in and out of possession rather than we were are purely so called 'controlling games', of course you don't wanna be gifting the opposition possession, chasing them around but you have to be abit savy, let them have some possession, let them come at you because the way were play in possession, passing side to side and backwards, that doesn't draw the opposition onto us, I don't care what anyone says, being out of possession isn't a bad thing, for me we arguably control games better out of possession, pressing, closing down and challenging.

Edited by Matt

23 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

managers are allowed a voice, and occasionally have their oponions haggled over.

a platform of nonsense. 
I reiterate my past posts,what’s he said or done that shows lack of respect towards

Your just farting in the wind..more like An individual or group of fans petulance..

Maybe in lower divisions,there are the old fashioned club managers,but  not anymore in the business of PL heiarchy.

Sorry but his behaviour, his interviews and demeanour were very negative, he vowed not to go to war with the club and then proceeded to do exactly that in nearly every media briefing, he threw everybody under the bus at some stage including the owners and fans, he claimed the squad was barely good enough to survive and that our ambition was to achieve 40 points and stay in the league. He questioned the ambition of the club when we sold Fofana etc etc …….

I am more than happy to give him credit for turning the form around, however a few decent performances will not let me forget how toxic things became and how he instigated much of that. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Sorry but his behaviour, his interviews and demeanour were very negative, he vowed not to go to war with the club and then proceeded to do exactly that in nearly every media briefing, he threw everybody under the bus at some stage including the owners and fans, he claimed the squad was barely good enough to survive and that our ambition was to achieve 40 points and stay in the league. He questioned the ambition of the club when we sold Fofana etc etc …….

I am more than happy to give him credit for turning the form around, however a few decent performances will not let me forget how toxic things became and how he instigated much of that. 

Has your thesis been peer reviewed? I would say that definitely requires a citation lol

• Like 1

On 15/11/2022 at 06:43, fuchsntf said:

a platform of nonsense. 

Out of interest, what would a manager have to do that was out of order or show a lack of respect? You've made it perfectly clear that words shouldn't be poured up over, they are meaningless. It's quite a fascinating opinion. 

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

Dunno, I think people read way too much into 3 minute interviews where a bloke fighting to stay in his job mentions very briefly the challenges and barriers he faces in the role - it’s not really breaking news and not really thrown anyone under a bus or going to war with the owners. It’s just when you are on the ropes anybody fighting for their job is gonna say it’s been hard because… 

People read way too much into interviews with managers and players full stop. All these interviews are a waste of everybody's time, but for some reason they have become ubiquitous. Nothing anybody says in them is of the slightest interest or importance.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Out of interest, what would a manager have to do that was out of order or show a lack of respect? You've made it perfectly clear that words shouldn't be poured up over, they are meaningless. It's quite a fascinating opinion. 

That really is quite a leap you've made there, turning 'I don't reckon Rodgers has shown disrespect' into 'Words are meaningless.'

9 minutes ago, Manley Farrington-Brown said:

That really is quite a leap you've made there, turning 'I don't reckon Rodgers has shown disrespect' into 'Words are meaningless.'

It sure is a leap because I've read this from him time and time again and he bats away any suggestion that Rodgers said anything that should be scrutinised, so I'm interested what would constitute a lack of respect or something meaningful so I can try and get a better feel for the threshold of behaviour and comms Rodgers can get away with.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

It sure is a leap because I've read this from him time and time again and he bats away any suggestion that Rodgers said anything thst should be scrutinised, so I'm interested what would constitute a lack of respect or something meaningful so I can try and get a better feel for the threshold of behaviour and comms Rodgers can get away with.

Fair enough, although I must say what I see in his posts is more 'People go way over the top and look for things to be offended by' than 'What Rodgers says shouldn't be scrutinised.'

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Rodgers has repeatedly said that he doesn't want ponderous football.

One of the things he's called out about Wout and KDH is that they're always looking forward, and Soumare was bought to rapidly progress up the pitch - although he's not been so successful.

I think when he was talking about not having the profile of player that he needed, he was alluding to the fact that the team had managed the 'look after the ball' part better but wasn't able to penetrate quickly - 'speed in the transition'

I think the squad is catching up with the vision rather than a change in Brendan's philosophy