Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

11 minutes ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Rodgers has repeatedly said that he doesn't want ponderous football.

One of the things he's called out about Wout and KDH is that they're always looking forward, and Soumare was bought to rapidly progress up the pitch - although he's not been so successful.

I think when he was talking about not having the profile of player that he needed, he was alluding to the fact that the team had managed the 'look after the ball' part better but wasn't able to penetrate quickly - 'speed in the transition'

I think the squad is catching up with the vision rather than a change in Brendan's philosophy 

Took long enough. Should have gone to specsavers 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Out of interest, what would a manager have to do that was out of order or show a lack of respect? You've made it perfectly clear that words shouldn't be poured up over, they are meaningless. It's quite a fascinating opinion. 

He’s not gone that far or anywhere near,any boundaries,so that’s why I have psted

as I have.

having a go at players at times …normal..

highlighting lack of support,rescources wise….normal

Having the occasional dig,generally…normal

In these last 16 months, he has protected & supported the players on more occasion, often repeatedly ,saying anything not being taken on,or missed,or tactics,is his responsibility. 2-3 times,he’s not held back on indirectly. Criticising

players,though actually throwing them under the bus..??,!Nahhh.

Ignoring individual selection..something many fans make a big mistake ( then try to make a story). They don’t do their homework…

Just one example,..Soyuncu…injury ,disciplined,injury,lack of form ,transfer-candidate,injury..

Even pointing that out,even if I was wrong(  ( Actually I am not),any manager has his & can makes his own descisions…By n by I really like Soyuncu,he’s lost his way a bit,but towards the break,it looked like he was prepared to settle down.

Its taking certain scenarios,and making mountains out of molehills,or misusing

”The everyday routine”

in any club,to incorrectly build up issues where there isn’t any…

3 Ts..tittle tattle & twaddle, making up some Rodgers-gate doomsday scenario..

Rodgers has nowhere near gone near the precipice…

Football onfield performance terms,he had chronic injuries to deal with..but should still put forward decent performances, sort of mixed bag..

Summer lack of investment…not in his bag or mandate..,!

beginning of this season performances were doggo..

Couldnt see him staying,expected that tap on the shoulder..& walk.

Fans criticism of Top pathetic..,!

Inbetween time,understood a bit more…Our predicament was and is still poor

Rodgers most likel asked to carry the flack ( indirectly)

Unlike some panicked,I always believed the present squad was strong enough..

& good enough for another top 8-6 challenge,without entitled should & must.

Doubt on Rodgers,was our performance,that’s what is relevant..

ps. Just come out of therapy,excuse my Wanderings..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He's got the players back on track and seemingly never really lost them anyway, which is the only thing I am willing to accept in regard to what he said and whether it was that bad or not. If he was perhaps saying to his players something more motivating or comforting and explained it was to apply pressure to get what he wanted then although that's a red herring and frustrating for the fans, as long as the players still do the business then that's pretty much tolerable. 

...this is the same manager who struggles to get his team over the line!!!

Motivation does not seem to be what he does, very much transfers his doubts to the players making them doubt themselves.

You would have noticed the amount if times the players have looked across to the bench,  questioning the reason for a change of formation, that is obviously not working. Bringing on a a big CB to deal with crosses (completely disrupting the back line)as opposed to stopping the crosses from coming in. Vestergaard being brought on only to lose a goal immediately because he is not up to speed with the play and the other defenders have already worked out how to handle an attacker.

I always wonder what does he say to his team before they step over the line, because he really does not motivate players at all.

Contrast the Forest game with the other performances, up to the start of the easy games and the advent of the new additions, the players got up for the Forest game and went to sleep again afterwards. 

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Motivation does not seem to be what he does, very much transfers his doubts to the players making them doubt themselves.

You would have noticed the amount if times the players have looked across to the bench,  questioning the reason for a change of formation, that is obviously not working. Bringing on a a big CB to deal with crosses (completely disrupting the back line)as opposed to stopping the crosses from coming in. Vestergaard being brought on only to lose a goal immediately because he is not up to speed with the play and the other defenders have already worked out how to handle an attacker.

I always wonder what does he say to his team before they step over the line, because he really does not motivate players at all.

Contrast the Forest game with the other performances, up to the start of the easy games and the advent of the new additions, the players got up for the Forest game and went to sleep again afterwards. 

None of this is factual, it’s all opinion, I am fine with this disclaimer - are you?

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

None of this is factual, it’s all opinion, I am fine with this disclaimer - are you?

...no because I have seen it and radio commentaries have brought it up at the time!!!

The players have from time to time, been bewildered by what ther being asked to do, and enquiring in the direction of the bench.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no because I have seen it and radio commentaries have brought it up at the time!!!

The players have from time to time, been bewildered by what ther being asked to do, and enquiring in the direction of the bench.

Just not sure how you can make some of these statements, previously you stated 

Motivation does not seem to be what he does, very much transfers his doubts to the players making them doubt themselves.

And now you state the bit in bold, I am not having a go, you seem to have grasped nuance I have not. :dunno:

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

RADIO ???? You mean, talking sh*t commentary !! Enquiring what to do from the bench ? So when all teams go for a drinks break , they ask questions and recieve instructions . You're looking for things not there . You lip read ? You should be on the radio ! 

Edited by jamesmilner
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/11/2022 at 09:24, Dusty said:

You say that one player and one coaches fixed it and that means it was always an easy fix. But also worth remembering that Klopp couldn’t fix liverpools defence so had to spend £75m on van dijk and that seemed to solve their problems and not klopps coaching. And then that season van dijk was injured they went to sh1t again. 

I think it can be as simple as one player coming in to lead the line, inspiring others and leading by example. I don’t think it’s coincidence that everyone else has improved since Faes has come in, I really believe he’s given everyone and lift and showed them the commitment they need to be showing as well. Amartey and Ward have become completely different players as a result. Rodgers definitely should have have been able to fix the problems earlier than he has, but maybe we really did lack the type of player that we needed. 

it’s interesting to go back to August 2021 after the Fofana injury. Surely what we needed was a first team starter, Waes-style, replacement. What we got was Vestergaard - apparently (Rob Tanner says so) the CB Brendan wanted. Within weeks he wouldn’t play him. That single mistake - now we see the impact Faes has had - effectively wrote off a season and halted the undoubted progress Brendan had achieved. To me there’s something very smelly about the signing of JV and Bertrand. At a time when we urgently needed reliable defensive reinforcement, we ended up with two absolute turkeys. Both of them, apparently, BR choices. That was the time to start the refresh. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

it’s interesting to go back to August 2021 after the Fofana injury. Surely what we needed was a first team starter, Waes-style, replacement. What we got was Vestergaard - apparently (Rob Tanner says so) the CB Brendan wanted. Within weeks he wouldn’t play him. That single mistake - now we see the impact Faes has had - effectively wrote off a season and halted the undoubted progress Brendan had achieved. To me there’s something very smelly about the signing of JV and Bertrand. At a time when we urgently needed reliable defensive reinforcement, we ended up with two absolute turkeys. Both of them, apparently, BR choices. That was the time to start the refresh. 

Yeah I think I agree to an extent. I’ve said a few times that I’m not sure they were Rodgers signings, Tanner is the only person I ever saw reporting that story and I’m not sure he has much inside info, if any.

But even if it was purely a Rodgers suggestion, you’ve also got to question everyone that signed it off. There must be many people involved in agreeing, negotiating and completing the signing of a player. The fact that nobody put breaks on the move is alarming. 

Regardless, it’s in the past now and we’ve changed the recruitment team around a bit so hopefully we’ll see a change in approach which is more aligned to what has been successful in the past. 

On 16/11/2022 at 18:43, sacreblueits442 said:

Sorry but if a player constantly needs motivation to play games for us then I wouldn't want him at the club. Terrible mentality.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Sorry but if a player constantly needs motivation to play games for us then I wouldn't want him at the club. Terrible mentality.

Rightly or wrongly, it's not a given that a player fights tooth and nail for the club or the squad, but the club ethos and management -and the manager is crucial in this - need to get all the players singing from the same songsheet.

If you read the Izzet and Vardy autobiographies they both emphasise the importance of the manager instilling this into the players, and praise the managers (O'Neill and Pearson) who were instrumental and excellent in infusing the players with this mentality.  During both these times the "Foxes never quit" mentality was there throughout the squad, the squad were very together, and the manager got the squad to perform to levels that were better than the sum of their parts. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, deep blue said:

Rightly or wrongly, it's not a given that a player fights tooth and nail for the club or the squad, but the club ethos and management -and the manager is crucial in this - need to get all the players singing from the same songsheet.

If you read the Izzet and Vardy autobiographies they both emphasise the importance of the manager instilling this into the players, and praise the managers (O'Neill and Pearson) who were instrumental and excellent in infusing the players with this mentality.  During both these times the "Foxes never quit" mentality was there throughout the squad, the squad were very together, and the manager got the squad to perform to levels that were better than the sum of their parts. 

I get being together but that's different to being motivated. A winning mentality probably breeds motivation alone.

But nobody can deny Rodgers has done that anyway considering what we've done under him.

The one thing I must admit about rodgers, is he, more than any city manager before, makes more of the decisions that i would during a game.  Most of the time, he seems to see the game in the same way as me and obviously i like that.  other than some of his very obvious big mistakes, he genuinely does make good decisions in games imo, the only criticism is that he waits too long to implement them at times. 

But there’s never before been a manager where i’m constantly thinking, these 3 need changing and more often than not they are the 3 that get changed. That could be a curse for brendan though 😅

Even in his worst moment there’s a level of understanding. Obviously as a fan that day in bournemouth, we all knew nothing needed changing. But i’m sure we’ve all tried to park the bus on football manager in similar situations.  

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

...they are not looking for motivation,  just trying to understand the reason why  the manager has not made a change  even when we are being overrun and he chooses not to change the setup when it is clearly not working!!!

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

25 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...they are not looking for motivation,  just trying to understand the reason why  the manager has not made a change  even when we are being overrun and he chooses not to change the setup when it is clearly not working.

Are you ok mate? That's two entries I've seen from you without exclamation marks....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...