Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

23 minutes ago, Guest said:

I'm not sure how likely it is but if he were to see out the season here and then move on to England I'd be all for it from both an England and Leicester perspective. At least Maddison might get a few minutes.

England have a crucial euro qualifier in Italy in March - the fa surely won’t allow a caretaker to be in charge …..

Still not convinced Southgate will walk,  I think he's just trying to drum up some sympathy but if he does I actually think the FA will go for Rodgers and will suit pretty much everybody including Leicester.

I know we've had a couple of good results before the world cup but long term he's not the answer, he's still damn lucky to be with us imo.

As a caveat, I think he's a much better manager than Southgate and can't obvioisly fvckin wait for him to replace Brendan once he jumps ship lol

Edited by EastAnglianFox
  • Like 4

I do think the FA would be tempted by his clean reputation when it comes to the way he is as a manager. Never gets in to disputes with other coaches, the media or referees. He'd be a dream for them.

Probably the only nation that would pay him a salary similar to what he's on here too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I do think the FA would be tempted by his clean reputation when it comes to the way he is as a manager. Never gets in to disputes with other coaches, the media or referees. He'd be a dream for them.

Probably the only nation that would pay him a salary similar to what he's on here too.

This is a good point. The FA love an uncontroversial statesman to represent the national team which is probably a large reason as to why Southgate got the job. Like you say, his track record to take the shift away from the opposition and become friends with the media is perfect for them. I think that they would be too concerned and about comments and general etiquette tarnishing their own reputation with international managers, especially with those such as Tuchel and Mourinho who have proven to be in the headlines regularly.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 1

I was discussing this with my friend just the other day, they were asking who you could actually replace southgate with and Brendan was an obvious choice for me. 

Works best when given the players. A good man manager. Clean as a whistle (frustratingly so) and obvious experience winning things. And absolutely attainable. 

The only question that hangs over him, is the mentality that his teams have shown under pressure.  The liverpool collapse and both of ours do show that maybe he does struggle to get the best out of players in tense moments.  

The one thing im sure of though, is that he is far more tactically astute than southgate. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Rodgers for England, I'm not fully convinced?  I don't think he would have done any better than Southgate at the WC.  Apart from the Argentinians, all the other QF's were won by teams who sat back and soaked it up.

And what have we done in the last 7 games he'd be perfect as a tournament football manager