Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

And how are we a long way off them? Compare the squads and where the players have been spending most of their time in terms of league position. 100% down to the manager and the culture he's created.

That’s football mate, it can change in an instant. In the premier league you don’t get away with 1 bad transfer window. We’ve had 2 1/2 years of them. 

That’s a collective c*ck up. But got to give newcastle their credit. They are sat in second 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Lambert09

Just now, Lambert09 said:

That’s football mate, it can change in an instant. In the premier league you don’t get away with 1 bad transfer window. We’ve had 2 1/2 years of them. 

I agree with you that generally we are poorly ran football club. From exec level down to players. However, these performances are normal under Brendan’s reign. What we are seeing today is nothing new. We had a similar performance against Newcastle, at home when they weren’t flush with cash. One of many collapses under Rodgers. We are not coached well enough to avoid this. And our leadership up top is not good enough to mitigate. This is our normal under Rodgers and co. That’s what hurts. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we might not like it but we are a long way off of newcastle at the moment. This isn’t the game to judge brendan on really. How we react will be. 

A brain dead moment at the start of the game has set a tone. 

What are you talking about? This is precisely the game you judge Brendan on!

We are both teams of similar quality squads aiming for the same 4-6th spot top 6 splitting position and we still have the edge on paper as it stands (for the remainder of December at least) as well as a run of form coming into it. 

This was THE game.

Massive L.

Edited by BigGibbo
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

That’s a collective c*ck up. But got to give newcastle their credit. They are sat in second 🤷‍♂️

But that shouldn't happen. They've got some absolute plodders in their team and are flying. Confidence helps and the manager is doing a great job but we should still be ahead of teams like Newcastle. They haven't even begun to flex their financial muscle and it will take a few years before that happens. We've got another 2 craps windows ahead. This could be our long term future when it should have been challenging for European places. The manager is responsible for that. This performance has all been about the mentality and lack of organisation. Again, Brendan's fault. Newcastle have done nothing. Easiest game they'll have all season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

What are you talking about? This is precisely the game you judge Brendan on!

We are both teams of similar quality squads aiming for the same 4-6th spot top 6 splitting position and we still have the edge on paper as it stands (for the remainder of December at least) as well as a run of form coming into it. 

This was THE game.

Massive L.

if you are still considering ourselves in the fight for 6th race… then Brendan’s doing a good job. That’s my point. 

We aren’t really there yet. we have so much work to be done to get back to that level. of course that falls on brendan ultimately  but as a one off game (and it does have to be one off) i’m not going to flip on him straight away. He’s earnt the grace in this one imo 

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

if you are still considering ourselves in the fight for 6th race… then Brendan’s doing a good job. That’s my point. 

We aren’t really there yet. we have so much work to be done to get back to that level. of course that falls on brendan ultimately  but as a one off game (and it does have to be one off) i’m not going to flip on him straight away. He’s earnt the grace in this one imo 

Obviously we're not literally challenging for top 6 as we've failed spectacularly this season, but... if you take it as we started fresh after the gazillion game losing streak came to an end then Newcastle are exactly the level we are/were at going into the World Cup.

This was THE game to judge where we're at going forward and we sh*t the bed.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Obviously we're not literally challenging for top 6 as we've failed spectacularly this season, but... if you take it as we started fresh after the gazillion game losing streak came to an end then Newcastle are exactly the level we are/were at going into the World Cup.

This was THE game to judge where we're at going forward and we sh*t the bed.

i get what you’re saying but I think it will be fairer to assess after this transfer window. If we don’t address the key issues, and the owners do back him, then the buck falls firmly with brendan. 

I’m in no way a Brendan in fanatic, i’m just trying to be balanced. You can’t forget a solid turn around because of being battered by the team in second… as long as it’s just a one off. Just my opinion 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

i get what you’re saying but I think it will be fairer to assess after this transfer window. If we don’t address the key issues, and the owners do back him, then the buck falls firmly with brendan. 

If he was getting the best out of what he already had I might be inclined to agree, but he's not...

Either way without significantly improving the defence in January we could be in real trouble.

11 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Do you think he knows you're allowed to make substitutions to change the game?

No, because he's still the same arrogant, clueless tw@t that can never be wrong.  Too stubborn admit he's got his tactics wrong, and will go back to blaming things outside the sphere of his control as the reason for our downfall 

Edited by Guppys Love Child
  • Thanks 2