Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Here we go again the Brendon out bandwagon getting started again, now for the next few weeks checking FT every few hours to see if he's gone, then hanging on to any false rumour that he's been sacked, only to find out it is b**s**t.  Then he'll turn it around and the "I told you so brigade " will have their moment in the sun for a few weeks, the it will start again.... ad-infinitum.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I do hope we make a change in the summer, don't think he'll go mid season but really do feel like we need a fresh start in the summer, new manager and a few new signings.

Agreed. Someone big time is going to want a ‘project’, which if we can stay up, next season absolutely will be

No plan B again

Taking Daka off was a mistake maybe not being hugely effective but one of the only players putting effort in in the first half 

No excuse for us to be lacking in fitness after the break, only reason for this is a bad mentality which only comes from one man at the top

• Like 4

What frustrates me the most is albeit it was MK Dons, we looked pretty sharp midweek and was good minutes in the tank to clear any game rust

The starting XI should have been the same, the only change was whether Maddison was fit to come back in.

Why he fiddled around in key positions I have no idea.

Edited by TK95
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Matt said:

Today's on the players not him.

Still can't wait for the day he fucks off though.

I kinda agree but he picks these players and (lacks) to motivate them.

The first goal was down to us playing around with it the back (a lot of individual errors) but playing the way he sets them up.

Soumare lasting 70 odd minutes after that performance was insanity too.

However, Thomas needs taking out of the firing line for his own good, he simply needs to bulk up/work on his mobility, re-watch Almiron’s goal and between him and Soumare it’s Sunday league football.

We NEED signings early doors or genuinely feel we’ll be in the midst of a relegation battle - sounds OTT but after the start that we had, we cannot afford any long periods without picking up points.

• Like 1

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Just exactly what is Rodgers good at? People say he is a great coach but no player has improved under him. Is he a motivator? Hardly. Can he set us up to be hard to beat? Nope. 

I enjoyed the post-Puel release of the handbrake but my lord it has been hard work the second half of his tenure and surely that is when a manager should have more of an effect with time and "their"* signings.

*Or at least approved....

☹️

4 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Just exactly what is Rodgers good at? People say he is a great coach but no player has improved under him. Is he a motivator? Hardly. Can he set us up to be hard to beat? Nope. 

I enjoyed the post-Puel release of the handbrake but my lord it has been hard work the second half of his tenure and surely that is when a manager should have more of an effect with time and "their"* signings.

*Or at least approved....

☹️

I think Rodger’s should go in the summer as everything needs a shake up atm. But you can’t say he hasn’t improved any players. There’s a reason Tielemans is going to a big club, Maddison is being linked with big transfers and why Soy is going to Atleti. Most of the players in our squad have played the best football of their career whilst Rodgers has been in charge. Justin, Ricardo, Soy, Ndidi, KDH, Barnes, Youri, Madders have all had excellent spells with Rodgers in charge. He also helped extend the careers of Vardy and Evans longer than most people expected. 

He is a good manager, and generally is an excellent coach. I think it’s just gone a bit stale. Seems that the players we’ve recruited haven’t suited him and vice versa. I think it’s ran its course now, and in the summer we should rebuild the squad, and restructure the back room squad.

• Like 2