Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

You lot make me laugh..FT all the way through..Whine,then crow,then moan,then cheer..

Rodgers as said on numerous occasions we need players to move forward,he needs to bulk up the squad.

Today we saw our best 3 young players out flanked..Barnes,Thomas, KDH.

Our hopefulls taught a lesson.our experienced outwitted.

This performance we could attribute to Newcastle 2 seasons gone by.

Our next 3 games will show if Rodgers & this squad can prove their all-round stature..We ain't top 4, but neither bottom 6. can we still aim top 8-6.

Today was like my families Christmas,way out of sorts..!!

• Haha 2

Guest Col city fan

This all depends on what you want. 
Like England under Southgate, if you want a pretty settled group of players, who are ‘nice’ and who can put on some good performances at times, until they meet someone half decent, at which time they fold, then you’re happy with Rodgers.

The question is, and always has been, do you think anyone else could do any better with this group of players? 
I’m not sure they could personally. I think we need to replace Rodgers now simply because I think he’s lost his hunger at the club, but I also see this lot as a generally average bunch at this level, that Rodgers has done pretty well to achieve what he has.

If he would be at all available, I wouldn’t mind seeing Thomas Frank at the club. He seems to work wonders with Brentford.

36 minutes ago, Dames said:

The players were awful today but lets not forget that Rodgers has had 6 weeks with the majority of them ‘getting back to their roots’.

Today I seen everything that has been wrong with the best part of the past 18 months rolled up into 45 minutes.

For the goals - 

1) Braindead player making a huge mistake.

2) Sloppy half hearted defending.

3) Mindless set piece defending. 

Not to mention the return of the slow sideways passing riddled with mistakes, lack of attacking intent or penetration, uninspired and late substitutions and players shoehorned into roles they aren’t suited for. 

As soon as this manager has the time and confidence to go back to his preferred styles of play and coaching everything falls apart. 

He will never ever learn or change and its time for both the club and manager to part ways, for mutual benefit. 

Today's defeat was down to the players imo they showed no fight at all ,HB was  off his game today like most of the players were ,next game Liverpool away just have to regroup and show more aggression. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Better subs from the Bodger today. Shame we'd already lost the game. 

Really???? What exactly was he expecting Ndidi to bring to the match being 3 nil down. He had numerous opportunities to play 2 up front but didn’t. Even when he brought Nacho on I thought he’d take Perez off and go all out attack with Nacho, Barnes and Vardy but no take Barnes off. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

This all depends on what you want. 
Like England under Southgate, if you want a pretty settled group of players, who are ‘nice’ and who can put on some good performances at times, until they meet someone half decent, at which time they fold, then you’re happy with Rodgers.

The question is, and always has been, do you think anyone else could do any better with this group of players? 
I’m not sure they could personally. I think we need to replace Rodgers now simply because I think he’s lost his hunger at the club, but I also see this lot as a generally average bunch at this level, that Rodgers has done pretty well to achieve what he has.

If he would be at all available, I wouldn’t mind seeing Thomas Frank at the club. He seems to work wonders with Brentford.

Don’t forget that Rodgers has assembled this group of players that he’s not happy with. Look at some of the names we are linked with in Jan. Keane and some Atlanta no mark who can’t get in the team for some one who was in an out of our team last season. That’s my problem with Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Talks utter guff week in, week out, and generally the football is terrible. I don’t get why people want to him to stay 

Nice to see you after a long vacation. welcome back #schizofans

25 minutes ago, Simoken said:

Nice to see you after a long vacation. welcome back #schizofans

I’ll be here for another 20 years, which gives me just as much of a right to an opinion as anyone else - if you love him, your choice, but I can’t stand him and never will 

2 hours ago, lcfcjosh said:

First time I don’t blame Rodgers for defeat but I feel like the Starting XI was a bit iffy

Me too, came across as a league cup game when I saw the line up.

Even worse, sat with forist fan father in law who was loving it.... 😆 

Are any team less potent with possession than us? We do absolutely nothing with the ball, we have zero imagination or ingenuity. Tepid. Weak. 

We'll be clear of relegation this season, but a change should be made in the summer. We will not progress while Brendan is in charge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Being a manager is more than just picking the team. It is his job to focus and motivate the players for matches, and in this instance a match after a prolonged break. Our players today looked like they had turned up for a testimonial. That is on Rodgers.

Rodgers himself must be such an uninsperational wet lettuce to them by now. Listening to him once a week does my swede in, God, he's so repetitively dull!

• Like 1

We can’t ignore the improvements we made before the break. Boxing Day games have always been games that can be all out of wack so this one we can chalk down to bowing day  but he needs to stop the demeaning of players when things don’t go his way. Yes we need new players but to go out and publicly reiterate that is only going to crush the confidence of those you already have. He’s a great tactician ( some of the time) and a very good coach but he’s a terrible man manager..

• Sad 1