Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

19 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We switched tactically to a counter attacking team before the world cup which saw us have a lot of success and then we for some reason switch back to a possession based team today. 

I wonder what Rodgers did over the break? 

He hates playing counter attacking football, he thinks he is better than it.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We switched tactically to a counter attacking team before the world cup which saw us have a lot of success and then we for some reason switch back to a possession based team today. 

Try and undo what "Mr Knudsen" had installed in to the team whilst he was away at the WC? 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

Hard to do that when you mess up twice in the first 7 minutes, you can hardly play counter attacking football at 2-0 down.

Strange comment.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He really isn't a great tactician, never has been other than in his own head. The so called 'improvements' were only against our then very low set standards, they couldn't really get any worse and it was against largely dismal opposition. No real difference to the nine points attained at the end of last season against already relegated or dismal sides that flattered to deceive also. It really isn't going to get any better with this man in charge, it can only lead to ruin if he's trusted. 

when confidence is high his substitutions and decision making is excellent but not when things are going well. So in other words, when they listen, his decisions are good ones 

Edited by MPH

17 hours ago, Le Renard said:

Here we go again the Brendon out bandwagon getting started again, now for the next few weeks checking FT every few hours to see if he's gone, then hanging on to any false rumour that he's been sacked, only to find out it is b**s**t.  Then he'll turn it around and the "I told you so brigade " will have their moment in the sun for a few weeks, the it will start again.... ad-infinitum.

Not sure what you were expecting on a football forum?

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

How many games this season have we been easily picked apart by teams over a 20/30 minute period?

I know we’re not one of the “elite” as Rodgers told us all that enough times (funny how that wasn’t his narrative when first came but that’s a different matter) so can’t expect to smash teams for 90 minutes.

BUT, when we’re bad in these short spells in a match, we’re a car crash aren’t we?

Lack of motivation, lack of leaders on the pitch and too many players that shouldn’t be playing or even worse don’t want to play for us (Youri is sadly one of them).

We can mostly agree that after nearly 4 years, this is Rodgers team.  If all the cogs of the team work, we can play some good football, and we can be great to watch, but if 2 or 3 are not at it, then we seem to get bullied and out fought by the more physical sides.  There seems to be too few players who can grind it out, dig in and try to keep us in the game.  Teams are well aware that if you are physical and aggressive, then we will likely fold and concede 2 or 3 in quick succession, then it is game over.  They proceed to let us play our nice little football in front of them,  which just becomes sideways and backwards, it must have felt like a training match for Newcastle. 

7 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

The fact we all knew the game was over even though there was 83 minutes left speaks volumes for where we're now at.

This has been the case for a very long time, years. You generally know what way the game will go from the 1st minute.

7 hours ago, MPH said:

We can’t ignore the improvements we made before the break. Boxing Day games have always been games that can be all out of wack so this one we can chalk down to bowing day  but he needs to stop the demeaning of players when things don’t go his way. Yes we need new players but to go out and publicly reiterate that is only going to crush the confidence of those you already have. He’s a great tactician ( some of the time) and a very good coach but he’s a terrible man manager..

I welcomed the improvement and changes made, it was so refreshing, enjoyable and entertaining, no possession for possession sake, but imo (and I said it at the time) the change was because his hand was forced, he had to change, that wasn't his philosophy or how he see's how the game should be played - he'd arguably hated it. I claimed as soon as we restart after the World Cup we'd return to his way.

6 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Hard to do that when you mess up twice in the first 7 minutes, you can hardly play counter attacking football at 2-0 down.

Strange comment.

And that's where yesterday is 100% on the players.

People are saying it's Rodgers' job to get them up for games, yes it is but they're professional footballers, have some fucking professional and personal pride.

I don't blame any player for being bored of, disinterested or not wanting to be here under Rodgers but as a player at least look bothered and arsed from a sportsman point of view.

Alternatively a lot has been made of "The players are still playing for Rodgers". Questions could certainly be raised based on yesterday.

5 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Forgot how much I dislike him

Gotta say I turned up to yesterday's game with a fresh mindset, a 'lets enjoy this' attitude.

It didn't last long - see the first part I quoted, like so many games in recent years.

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's infuriating how much he gets away with it for large parts. We are not a good creative team. Sean Dyche would be absolutely pillaried if his side put up the numbers we do with this level of squad.

Absolutely.

It's something that really winds me up and something that winds me up about possession based football. constantly being preached to by brainwashed media, pundits and fans alike that "It's the way the game should be played".

It's bloody awful - the way a majority of teams interpret it and their versions.

People label certain managers or styles as dinosaurs, I know which is the dinosaur.

• Like 2

For the good of the club, they need to shake hands in the summer and say it’s time for something fresh. It’s stagnated with this squad - and it’s made the atmosphere of games down the KP so bleugh. Possibly even as soon as we are safe to give a new manager time to assess and then get to work in the summer 

To rebuild this squad. Rodgers (and the club) have dug so many holes. Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Praet, Perez, Soumare, Evans, Amartey - all players with a departure likely or was given the choice in the summer . A lot of their own making. 

Edited by CosbehFox
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, MPH said:

when confidence is high his substitutions and decision making is excellent but not when things are going well. So in other words, when they listen, his decisions are good ones 

He can't suddenly become an elite manager because of decisions made in 3 games against poor opposition before the World Cup.

I prefer the evidence of my own eyes over the last two years of dire dull football contributed to by poor tactics, team selections/formations, square pegs/round holes, bizarre substitutions and his after match egotistical and blame everyone else from the players to the board comments. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Fightforever said:

He was always going to switch back.  Why do you think some of us wanted him gone?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

After that shit display, Brendan is back on probation for me.

4 wins out of the next 6 games, and still in one of the cups, or i will call for his head

just the kind of Rocket up his arse he needs. If he's even lost filthyfox he may as well throw the towel in.:D

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

It's infuriating how much he gets away with it for large parts. We are not a good creative team. Sean Dyche would be absolutely pillaried if his side put up the numbers we do with this level of squad.

I don’t think this level of squad is that good. We’re missing plenty through injury, lack of fitness and the rest are on poor form. We’re a mid table side at the moment and we have to accept that, these results will happen from time to time. Brighton got pumped 3-0 by Burnley last year and now they’re the side we want to be like, these results will happen.

• Like 1

That display epitomises everything that frustrates me with Rodgers, when we are good we are very very good but when we are bad we are awful and clueless, there is very rarely a middle ground.  

Style wise I don’t have too much of an issue, however when we don’t press and lack intensity we look so laboured, slow and boring. It was a toothless display and the manager played a big part in that, he too looked lost and at one point just before half time all he could do was clap to try and rouse his troops and what we saw 2nd half was hardly a Herculean effort to get back into the game. 

His heart doesn’t look in it and I would rather we change now and hope the new manager can galvanise and reintegrate some of the talent that has been allowed to rot/regress over the last couple of seasons. 

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

After that shit display, Brendan is back on probation for me.

4 wins out of the next 6 games, and still in one of the cups, or i will call for his head

Liverpool (A)
Fulham (H)
Gillingham (A) (FA Cup)
Newcastle (A) (EFL Cup)
Forest (A)
Brighton (H)

I think we'll beat Fulham & Forest, and Gillingham in the cup.

Lose against Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton. 

Only 6 points in the league to the start of Feb, but advance in the FA Cup...

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool (A)
Fulham (H)
Gillingham (A) (FA Cup)
Newcastle (A) (EFL Cup)
Forest (A)
Brighton (H)

Exactly my expectation... but I allow some flexibility.  Wouldnt mind 1 league win and stay in both cups for example

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool (A)
Fulham (H)
Gillingham (A) (FA Cup)
Newcastle (A) (EFL Cup)
Forest (A)
Brighton (H)

For me the results don't' matter to me - his character is not that of a manager we should support ..- end of.  I tell you now he should be gone,.  Of those games I would expect us to beat Gillingham and Forest only.  WE are heading to a relegation scrap.  The in/out votes on here are joke - fickle  - you guys need to make a noise to get Top to bin Rodgers before things are irretrievable.

Edited by foxinsocks