Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

For the good of the club, they need to shake hands in the summer and say it’s time for something fresh. It’s stagnated with this squad - and it’s made the atmosphere of games down the KP so bleugh. Possibly even as soon as we are safe to give a new manager time to assess and then get to work in the summer 

To rebuild this squad. Rodgers (and the club) have dug so many holes. Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Praet, Perez, Soumare, Evans, Amartey - all players with a departure likely or was given the choice in the summer . A lot of their own making. 

Now please

2 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

For me the results don't' matter to me - his character is no that of a manager we should support ..- end of.  IO tell you know he should be gone,.  Of those games I would expect us to beat Gillingham and Forest only.  WE are heading to a relegation scrap.  The in/out votes on heere are joke - fickle  - you guys need to make a noise to get Top to bin Rodgers before things are irretrievable.

Weirdly, this was done before we went on that great run of form.

The problem is, there's no guarantee that happens again and it's not something that should be relied on. What happened pre-World Cup will show Top that Rodgers can turn it around, so I can't see that Rodgers gets sacked anytime soon unless we drop into the bottom 3 again.

To say the results don't matter to you is also a joke. They clearly do because right now it's all that should matter. I'd rather get points on the board than play well and lose, at least in the position we're in now.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Liverpool (A)
Fulham (H)
Gillingham (A) (FA Cup)
Newcastle (A) (EFL Cup)
Forest (A)
Brighton (H)

I think we'll beat Fulham & Forest, and Gillingham in the cup.

Lose against Liverpool, Newcastle and Brighton. 

Only 6 points in the league to the start o Feb, but advance in the FA Cup...

I'd take 6 pts form the next 4, 7 would be a bonus.

3 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

For the good of the club, they need to shake hands in the summer and say it’s time for something fresh. It’s stagnated with this squad - and it’s made the atmosphere of games down the KP so bleugh. Possibly even as soon as we are safe to give a new manager time to assess and then get to work in the summer 

To rebuild this squad. Rodgers (and the club) have dug so many holes. Tielemans, Maddison, Soyuncu, Praet, Perez, Soumare, Evans, Amartey - all players with a departure likely or was given the choice in the summer . A lot of their own making. 

I don't actually know what he gets out of being here anymore, bar the money. 

But he's symptomatic of a club existing and meandering along with no purpose or desire.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The problem is, there's no guarantee that happens again and it's not something that should be relied on. What happened pre-World Cup will show Top that Rodgers can turn it around, so I can't see that Rodgers gets sacked anytime soon unless we drop into the bottom 3 again.

To say the results don't matter to you is also a joke. They clearly do because right now it's all that should matter. I'd rather get points on the board than play well and lose, at least in the position we're in now.

of course the results and the points matter to me as I am keen to avoid relegation or even a scrap  - but they don't matter in terms of my view that rodgers is not the guy for us.  The  pre world cup run was against poor teams.  Top should smell the coffee.  

However, I have little hope that Top will sack Rodgers.... so I am just hoping we can pick up enough points

• Like 1

Holding on to a manager who doesn't want to be here has a disastrous effect on the club. Just give him his money and get him out. You can see the frustration and the misery permeating through the club.

Give it to Dyche until the end of the season and no, I'm not joking. Then look at getting someone new in, in the summer. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

of course the results and the points matter to me as I am keen to avoid relegation or even a scrap  - but they don't matter in terms of my view that rodgers is not the guy for us.  The  pre world cup run was against poor teams.  Top should smell the coffee.  

However, I have little hope that Top will sack Rodgers.... so I am just hoping we can pick up enough points

With the squad of players we have, a manager would have to be exceptionally poor to get us relegated because compared to many, we simply have a depth of quality. However, we haven't now compared with a top 6 or 8.

If Top is happy with this then it not only shows a lack of ambition but is more than likely going to give him a huge kick in the pants in the not too distant future. 

Why? Because our better players will quite understandably have bigger ambitions and want to leave and that sort of lack of ambition will also shine like a warning beacon to agents and potential new signings. Unless we get rid of Rodgers and give a new manager with new impetus a chance to rebuild, then I fear that Top is not only squandering the legacy left to him by his father, it could ultimately be our downfall if left unaddressed for much longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let’s hope we stay up… with Maddison out injured we look a poor side, which should then focus the manager to make us at least difficult to beat… which I thought he’d done before the break and finally swallowed his pride on realising we need to defend well to win a game. 

Then in the summer, all the uncertainty around who is going to be here and who isn’t might finally go away. Doubt Maddison is staying, will know for definite about Youri, Cags gone, Amartey … we need centre backs and a keeper desperately plus someone creative if ladders does go. Be interesting to see what comes in, in January  

12 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It really bugs me when teams use a good run of form as a negative. So what if it's against poor teams? We got some wins, and the performances were good too. 

What would you have said if we didn't win those games? 'they were poor, we should have won them'. 

We did win them. Not everything about the state of the club has to have a negative spin on it. 

Stan - I am just pointing it out - the wins were welcome.   

Rodger could win every game left this season and I would still want him out.  I don't let people poke me the the eye twice.  I accept others will keep giving him the benefit and thery are free to post.  

Rodgers will dump us when anothr club comes calling

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Stan - I am just pointing it out - the wins were welcome.   

Rodger could win every game left this season and I would still want him out.  I don't let people poke me the the eye twice.  I accept others will keep giving him the benefit and thery are free to post.  

Not what I've for a gripe about. 

Just doesn't make sense that we were begging for wins before that good run, but now they don't really matter because 'they were against poor teams'. 

9 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Nobody is coming. He's largely been found out and the potential suspects who could (or in his mind 'should') have come calling all looked elsewhere this season (Chelsea and Villa). He's going to run this contract down as far as he can, and will go through cycles of grumbling like a teenager along the way. The only saving grace is that he can't have a Leicester relegation on his CV, which is why i think each time we nudge towards relegation we will magically hit some form again.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

With the squad of players we have, a manager would have to be exceptionally poor to get us relegated because compared to many, we simply have a depth of quality. However, we haven't now compared with a top 6 or 8.

If Top is happy with this then it not only shows a lack of ambition but is more than likely going to give him a huge kick in the pants in the not too distant future. 

Why? Because our better players will quite understandably have bigger ambitions and want to leave and that sort of lack of ambition will also shine like a warning beacon to agents and potential new signings. Unless we get rid of Rodgers and give a new manager with new impetus a chance to rebuild, then I fear that Top is not only squandering the legacy left to him by his father, it could ultimately be our downfall if left unaddressed for much longer.

If I hadn't seen such riches
I could live with being poor as they say.

Our levels are so far below BR first couple of seasons.

I can see Madders and BR being gone in the summer and we have a massive job on our hands to try and get back to European competition.

The following all need to be reviewed / attended to.

(1) we need to re-discover our fight and being a team difficult to beat 

(2) No. 1 keeper / Not convinced Ward is a long term solution 

(3)will Ricardo ever get back to what he was 

(4) finding a reliable partner for Faes (Amartey ain’t it)

(5)Youri replacement 

(6) Madders contract renewal / replacement 

(7) Right Winger

(8) Striker to support / replace Daka

(9) Luke Thomas needs a spell on loan to improve his physicality and experience. We also need a decent left back in on a permanent deal.

If we don’t resolve the above / Top doesn’t continue to invest then we will struggle to be anything better than a mid table cup team.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I don't actually know what he gets out of being here anymore, bar the money. 

But he's symptomatic of a club existing and meandering along with no purpose or desire.

Yep. He’s got a cushy number and there’s nothing on offer what can boost his reputation. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Out of interest, who are these better players to which you refer?

Well our World Cup stars returned pretty miserable didn’t they and that poor form carried over into the game yesterday. Upon reflection it just looked all disjointed. The team just didn’t look ready for this. Way off the mark they were. All started with a very shaky ward, then a slow calamitous an amartay. Even worrying is Waes also looks like he finally caught the crap-form virus from the others. I just wanted to see one player start shouting and screaming in frustration like he cared. This was a big game on a special day. How could the players not have been excited and ready for this? Do they all not give a damn anymore? Think about the poor fans who came out in the cold. Time for another big bollocking followed by a cold shower.

feel like as a club we have lost our way. A clear identity and plan is lacking from Top down backed up by action not words. We’re stuck in a rut that’s for sure

4 minutes ago, Dickov22 said:

Anyone heard his pre match comments about Newcastle? Waxing lyrical about the quality of their signings, their squad, how good they are. I don’t really want to hear such a glowing endorsement of our opposition from our own Manager. He wants to leave and I want him to go to be honest. 

Can understand him. I mean we can’t compete with signings like Chris wood and Dan Fvcking Burn. Rodgers really doesn’t help himself. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Out of interest, who are these better players to which you refer?

With Tielemans and Soyuncu as good as gone, I'd say Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka, Faus for starters. Yes, some may question Iheanacho, Daka and Soyuncu but if used correctly elsewhere, I believe they all have a bright future. Leicester under Rodgers is just a graveyard for natural talent because he'll knock or coach it out of players.

Edited by volpeazzurro

1 hour ago, Dickov22 said:

Anyone heard his pre match comments about Newcastle? Waxing lyrical about the quality of their signings, their squad, how good they are. I don’t really want to hear such a glowing endorsement of our opposition from our own Manager. He wants to leave and I want him to go to be honest. 

Such comments are BR trying to control the narrative - the opposition is so good that

(1) should we lose - well what did the fans expect? We can’t compete and we did well to keep the score down.

(2) should we win - all hail the elite mgr 🙌🙌 

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Not what I've for a gripe about. 

Just doesn't make sense that we were begging for wins before that good run, but now they don't really matter because 'they were against poor teams'. 

Not so much they don't count, as such wins would of course 'positively' stop us being relegated. I think it's more that we shouldn't see those particular wins as exceptional or the turning of a corner, because those wins against such poor opposition should have been reasonably expected in some ways along with some previous games we 'should' have won with the players we have in comparison to the opposition at the time.

No-one of course wants relegation but those expected wins also keep Rodgers in power which equals mediocrity and the ever increasing slide to much bigger problems. In that sense I suppose there is an air of negativity surrounding such wins as they merely serve to give nieve false hope and paper over the ever increasing cracks.

16 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Such comments are BR trying to control the narrative - the opposition is so good that

(1) should we lose - well what did the fans expect? We can compete and we did well to keep the score down.

(2) should we win - all hail the elite mgr 🙌🙌 

Nailed it in two. He's so pathetically transparent, it's all about me me me.

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

The problem is, it's a revolving cycle isn't it?

How many truly dreadful runs have we gone through under Rodgers, they last months, then we all know Rodgers will get results when needed, when under pressure, he'll change to get some results, he'll go against how he sees the game should be played and play in a way he'll absolutely hate. He'll shithouse run of games - Ironic I use the word shithouse really because i'd rather see us play that way (Compared to his dreary dull ways of 'control the game' and total possession getting us no where).

But then you can put your house on him then going back to 'his way', 'his style', 'his philosophy'.

There is consistent pattern.

The only thing is clinging hope to is he and the club part ways in the summer.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2