Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

With Tielemans and Soyuncu as good as gone, I'd say Maddison, Barnes, Iheanacho, Daka, Faus for starters. Yes, some may question Iheanacho, Daka and Soyuncu but if used correctly elsewhere, I believe they all have a bright future. Leicester under Rodgers is just a graveyard for natural talent because he'll knock or coach it out of players.

Huge stretch for a couple of those imho. So bored of this Soyuncu rhetoric, he has been shit for ages, both for us and for Turkey, so maybe he is just shit? Daka is noted, he was highly rated, but his numbers here are not bad to be fair, so there is hope. Nacho - no idea, he never moved himself into competition at Man City, so was obviously felt he would not make the grade and was let go, and yes we shop at different levels but to state he could be key is placing an undeserved amount of faith in him.

Vardy is in decline, but is still a special player 

We need to understand if Youri and James are actually leaving, as neither outcome is yet known.

KDH is great, all balls and spittle, but he has enough quality to be a squad player.

Ndidi feels like he has dropped off a cliff, but there is hope he can refine his quality I hope

Personally think Bouba will be fine too.

Dan is blamed for yesterday when the fault was primarily on Wout, he just seems a solid unspectacular pro.

The dislike of Rodgers has now reached meme levels of preposterousness, it is time for him to go, but he will be forever judged on his character rather than his results, and that says way more about the fan base than the man unfortunately.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

You lot make me laugh..FT all the way through..Whine,then crow,then moan,then cheer..

Rodgers as said on numerous occasions we need players to move forward,he needs to bulk up the squad.

Today we saw our best 3 young players out flanked..Barnes,Thomas, KDH.

Our hopefulls taught a lesson.our experienced outwitted.

This performance we could attribute to Newcastle 2 seasons gone by.

Our next 3 games will show if Rodgers & this squad can prove their all-round stature..We ain't top 4, but neither bottom 6. can we still aim top 8-6.

Today was like my families Christmas,way out of sorts..!!

Here we go again, the next 3 games will tell us etc, etc, etc, It will tell us what we already know we will beat the bottom 6 comfortably, or in some cases only just, and will lose against the top half because we have no plan B to cope with the press or intense pressure. 

WTF did BR do with the squad during the WC break, on yesterdays performance, not alot, everything that was wrong yesterday was on him, and a lack lustre team who looked like they couldn't be bothered.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He really isn't a great tactician, never has been other than in his own head. The so called 'improvements' were only against our then very low set standards, they couldn't really get any worse and it was against largely dismal opposition. No real difference to the nine points attained at the end of last season against already relegated or dismal sides that flattered to deceive also. It really isn't going to get any better with this man in charge, it can only lead to ruin if he's trusted. 

I go along with your sentiments,but not these lacksidasical vocabulary choices,

we don’t play dismal opposition,we don’t even flatter to deceive,nor

lower set standards, this idea other teams are of poor standard,is just utter nonsense…in my nearly 70yrs, all teams in the 4 top tiers,are what they are,and at various periods.

We have ( in all leagues around the world) clubs that will be competing for top places,the good & decent “also rans”, the ones that just hold their own,and those even with the odd quality individual player,can’t find form & struggle through the season…The football stays the same,the twists ,the clubs chasing will change,

performances over 18+ clubs will differ,but year in year out routine stays the same.

Clubs do have more pennies,which across the board,mean the now stabilised richer clubs,( better sponsored) will have top 6-7 places almost guaranteed,with odd poor season,

a couple of competitive also rans,interloping into big time,for parts of the season or 1-3 seasons. We have shown in the long past,that even doomed to relegation,

we could put decent runs together,a real bad squad never exsisted..Our perceptions & memories make more of times gone past..10yrs,20,yrs,60yrs whatever…Too many modern fans live in frustrating expectancy…From a fans side it’s a pastime to enjoy..winning or losing,trying to put logic ,business sense,entitlement…total guff & waste of time

From an Engineer,electrician,lawyer, I am entitled to expect..Sport & performance expectations are not good companions, one goes in hope.

That said a coach,manager needs to get his charges upto some sort of form according to their aims & believed targets. From Rodgers just over this season,his squad has been poorly mis-firing,yesterday was a chance for our backbone-squad to prove Rodgers & Squad are again building something, and again they as team,and individuals are not churning even decent performances over..

Last season,I thought the injuries were more than a good excuse,but not this season….In the professional and Amateure regions of football,the coaches/manager have to deliver…I actually like Rodgers,but he has dropped down on easy expectations too often .

He helped us to continue and achieve some of our best ever hights ,but it’s becoming all round frustrating on presentation…Not the odd game simply not finding a hard consistency when reaching that next wall, excuses,& mitigating circumstances eventually have to stop.

Its  time owners made the descision he Rodgers ISNT the man to bring us onto the next forward surge we need,or even guarantee another top 8-10 finish , playing decent football.  Too long we haven’t been pleasant to watch,

Any fan can & should over long periods,

win,lose,draw feel like he’s being entertained.

This is now where Leicester find themselves,in some “outer limits” phase

Time for a new face..!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Huge stretch for a couple of those imho. So bored of this Soyuncu rhetoric, he has been shit for ages, both for us and for Turkey, so maybe he is just shit? Daka is noted, he was highly rated, but his numbers here are not bad to be fair, so there is hope. Nacho - no idea, he never moved himself into competition at Man City, so was obviously felt he would not make the grade and was let go, and yes we shop at different levels but to state he could be key is placing an undeserved amount of faith in him.

Vardy is in decline, but is still a special player 

We need to understand if Youri and James are actually leaving, as neither outcome is yet known.

KDH is great, all balls and spittle, but he has enough quality to be a squad player.

Ndidi feels like he has dropped off a cliff, but there is hope he can refine his quality I hope

Personally think Bouba will be fine too.

Dan is blamed for yesterday when the fault was primarily on Wout, he just seems a solid unspectacular pro.

The dislike of Rodgers has now reached meme levels of preposterousness, it is time for him to go, but he will be forever judged on his character rather than his results, and that says way more about the fan base than the man unfortunately.

I think the Iheanacho backing from the fans is based on him being our best striker when he was played regularly for about 6 months, before being dropped into the next season.

I see him as someone with a strong

mentality, as evidenced in his resurgence with limited chances in Rodger’s first full season. He is not just a goal scorer, but his through balls are outstanding sometimes, as is his link up play.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I think the Iheanacho backing from the fans is based on him being our best striker when he was played regularly for about 6 months, before being dropped into the next season.

I see him as someone with a strong

mentality, as evidenced in his resurgence with limited chances in Rodger’s first full season. He is not just a goal scorer, but his through balls are outstanding sometimes, as is his link up play.

Always thought Nacho was a hybrid 10/striker due to his high skill, yet somewhat lackadaisical nature, so cannot disagree with you, but he just isn’t a Vardy ’stand in’, which probably colours  my view.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Always thought Nacho was a hybrid 10/striker due to his high skill, yet somewhat lackadaisical nature, so cannot disagree with you, but he just isn’t a Vardy ’stand in’, which probably colours  my view.

I agree that he’d have to be played differently to Vardy, but I think this also demonstrates Rodgers inadequacies as a manager, to not be able to manage this.

2 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I agree that he’d have to be played differently to Vardy, but I think this also demonstrates Rodgers inadequacies as a manager, to not be able to manage this.

Well Pep could not manage it, so you are setting a pretty high bar for our manager!

Think he should work in a 433, but he never really gets the chance (I would  have started him in place of Dennis yesterday, but guess Rodgers thought Dennis offered more physicality)

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

How often do we go behind in a game or a game starts a certain way and you can instantly tell we're going to lose, that's my main gripe when it's a day like that we all have zero faith in them grinding out any kind of result. 

Circumstance was the only reason I didn't leave half an hour in yesterday.

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Not so much they don't count, as such wins would of course 'positively' stop us being relegated. I think it's more that we shouldn't see those particular wins as exceptional or the turning of a corner, because those wins against such poor opposition should have been reasonably expected in some ways along with some previous games we 'should' have won with the players we have in comparison to the opposition at the time.

No-one of course wants relegation but those expected wins also keep Rodgers in power which equals mediocrity and the ever increasing slide to much bigger problems. In that sense I suppose there is an air of negativity surrounding such wins as they merely serve to give nieve false hope and paper over the ever increasing cracks.

No one is saying they're exceptional. But they can't be negated or discounted just because they were against poor teams. They can't be devalued because we expected to win. We get 3 points regardless. 

Brendan is forever mouthing about the importance of "physicality" and "mentality" but this side is as lightweight and gutless as any Leicester side I can remember. Who could possibly be responsible for that?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Brendan is forever mouthing about the importance of "physicality" and "mentality" but this side is as lightweight and gutless as any Leicester side I can remember. Who could possibly be responsible for that?

Foxes never quit, well, they can't if they never even get started, Peter Tayloresque performance yesterday, heaven help us against Liverpool with the lack of fight the team, teamlol:crylaugh:...brings to games these days

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Well Pep could not manage it, so you are setting a pretty high bar for our manager!

Think he should work in a 433, but he never really gets the chance (I would  have started him in place of Dennis yesterday, but guess Rodgers thought Dennis offered more physicality)

The pep that had a prime Aguero as his striker? lol

Absolute fraud not using Kel!

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

That’s a bonkers comparison, Aguero in his prime or Vardy moving out of it, who previously played well with Iheanacho!

16 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

To be fair things are looking ropey at Everton. If Frank gets sacked I think they will be straight over to our front door asking to speak with Brendan. 

No chance they go for ex Liverpool again. I really don’t know who would have him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

For me the results don't' matter to me - his character is not that of a manager we should support ..- end of.  I tell you now he should be gone,.  Of those games I would expect us to beat Gillingham and Forest only.  WE are heading to a relegation scrap.  The in/out votes on here are joke - fickle  - you guys need to make a noise to get Top to bin Rodgers before things are irretrievable.

I think the assumption we beat Forest away is over-optimistc, even.  At home they are likely to start off very fast and hard like Newcatle did, and even though Forest lack the same quality we are so easily disconcerted by such pressure.  You're right that folk here are fickle; as if giving him a few more games is going to show us anything we don't know already.

Dissenters should let the directors know what they think and the most direct way is to email the board or Susan.  I've done that twice to no effect but surely if they get a load of similar mail then they have to wake up and take notice.

• Thanks 1