Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, The Bear said:

Or they can't afford to sack him? Or at least don't want to sink that amount of money in binning him. 

That could be a factor but there is a reason he has the contract and the power he's got.

3 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

The dislike of Rodgers has now reached meme levels of preposterousness, it is time for him to go, but he will be forever judged on his character rather than his results, and that says way more about the fan base than the man unfortunately.

So you don't think that the way he's handled the squad has anything to do with his character, then?

Edited by deep blue
  • Like 2

Just now, SemperEadem said:

A lot of the talk around the time of the Forest fixture was that Top was not wanting to get rid of Rodgers due to him still being ‘a name’ in the game. I still think this has legs and the status thing does count.

Still think there is a view that he is an asset. Let's not forget the ownership have employed big name coaches before, Pearson was the outlier really.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Bear said:

Or they can't afford to sack him? Or at least don't want to sink that amount of money in binning him. 

I think it will be a mutual agreement this Summer.   Hopefully it will be a lesson learned for all concerned ..

4 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You watch games like yesterday and wonder who bar his bank balance actually benefits from him being there. The fans don't want him there, he doesn't want to be here, the players surely don't 'really' want him to be here, his own reputation is taking a hammering from this (if there's a shred of credibility left in the footballing community that is).

Get through this season, stay up and part ways in the summer. Nobody can be arsed with this.

This is where I'm at with it. I'm the summer Tielemans and Maddison will go along with several other players who are approaching the end of their contracts. We are going to need a genuine rebuild. I would much rather we have a new manager to oversee it. 

13 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

A lot of the talk around the time of the Forest fixture was that Top was not wanting to get rid of Rodgers due to him still being ‘a name’ in the game. I still think this has legs and the status thing does count.

Yep. I keep repeating this but the owners didn’t like the criticism they got for the Ranieri sacking, so they want to keep ‘face’

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Would be nice if they could publish the plan, so we all had some sort of clue what the project is. 

There is no plan or project hence why players contracts are running out and we cant afford to buy any players.

We are going to be in survival mode for the next few years and its not going to be pretty. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

You watch games like yesterday and wonder who bar his bank balance actually benefits from him being there. The fans don't want him there, he doesn't want to be here, the players surely don't 'really' want him to be here, his own reputation is taking a hammering from this (if there's a shred of credibility left in the footballing community that is).

Get through this season, stay up and part ways in the summer. Nobody can be arsed with this.

The thing is when you actually go to a game at home or away you actually come across few people who vocally want him gone. Part of me thinks most of the BR out bridge are keyboard warriors on here.

Guest Col city fan
6 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

The thing is when you actually go to a game at home or away you actually come across few people who vocally want him gone. Part of me thinks most of the BR out bridge are keyboard warriors on here.

Vocally our fans are some of the most apathetic in the Premiership, I imagine.

However, leaving early, of which there were an awful lot on Boxing Day, is something that IS noticeable and basically tells the club that the fans are starting to have had enough

12 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I was quite impressed with our fans walking out on Monday.

I was getting quite fucked off with our stagnant muted fanbase when we should have been protesting earlier in the season but the spontaneous, unannounced walk out was quite impressive and spoke volumes.

Edited by Matt

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

However, leaving early, of which there were an awful lot on Boxing Day, is something that IS noticeable and basically tells the club that the fans are starting to have had enough

Disagree, walking out when you are 3-0 down says little, walking out at 0-0 or even when winning says a lot 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

9 minutes ago, Matt said:

I was quite impressed with our fans walking out on Monday.

I was getting quite fucked off with our stagnant muted fanbase when we should have been protesting earlier in the season but the spontaneous, unannounced walk out was quite impressive and spoke volumes.

There have been similar walkouts earlier on this season. I recall it seemed to be the final nail in Puel’s coffin, but I’m not convinced the board see it that way this time. 

18 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There have been similar walkouts earlier on this season. I recall it seemed to be the final nail in Puel’s coffin, but I’m not convinced the board see it that way this time. 

Not to the extent of Boxing Day.

The board don't see it that way yet, but we can only hope it snowballs from here and makes it seeable.

I must say given how quiet, patient and happy clapping our fanbase has been previously i'm shocked, albeit pleasantly surprised such a mass walkout took place less than 1 game into the return after the World Cup.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

They may not be vocal in that they don't shout and chant, but certainly the vast majority of the people around where I sit wanted him gone quite a while ago, many before the start of the season. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

There is no plan or project hence why players contracts are running out and we cant afford to buy any players.

We are going to be in survival mode for the next few years and its not going to be pretty. 

Even in survival mode we should have a plan for recruitment / player retention.

For as much as we received praise for maximising the return on Maguire we deserve criticism if we allow Youri and Madders to exit for next to nothing.

Personally I think we missed a trick not getting an upgrade on Rudders years ago. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Would be nice if they could publish the plan, so we all had some sort of clue what the project is. 

It's pretty simple, reduce the wage bill, bin off as much dead wood as possible and go again with younger talent.

Pretty much what we did in the 17/18 season.

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We can't afford to buy players because we have a bloated wage bill, from trying to have a squad big enough to coping with European football.

Next season see us trim that by about 400k a week, which is around 20m a year on top of the money we cut this year on 7m of Kasper wages and a pay cut for Vardy.

You have to start a rebuild somewhere.