Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not sure why he disagreed with KDH's assessment that our performance was spineless, it's pretty much a similar description of how unacceptable the performance was, and how Rodgers described it, questioning the players commitment and cancelling their day off.

Yes... but when rodgers says it it is they not we

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I'll probably get pelters from the 'You've got an agenda' lot but surely alot of that goes down to natural progression and maturity :dunno:

But it is fact nonetheless they've improved during his tenure - whether it's down to him or not.

Highly subjective isn't it, in which case the only sorts of players that managers could ever get acknowledged as improving would be those that had been crap beforehand. Or where a manager gets a tune out of a player that had previously struggled and then they struggle again when that manager leaves.

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Maddison yeah, is Barnes significantly better than when he first broke through? Debatable. 

Barnes finishing was truly abysmal at the highest level until Rodgers and his staff worked tirelessly to improve him, this took 12-18 months and we've seen since 2020 that he is now a much more composed finisher. He's probably not improved his running with the ball though, frustratingly.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Highly subjective isn't it, in which case the only sorts of players that managers could ever get acknowledged as improving would be those that had been crap beforehand. Or where a manager gets a tune out of a player that had previously struggled and then they struggle again when that manager leaves.

Barnes finishing was truly abysmal at the highest level until Rodgers and his staff worked tirelessly to improve him, this took 12-18 months and we've seen since 2020 that he is now a much more composed finisher. He's probably not improved his running with the ball though, frustratingly.

Lately harvey looks heditsnt to pull the trigger.  I think yhis is a vonfidence snd focus thing.

In my view bredans hesitant possession football mskes players worse.  The lose verve

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Are there any players that have improved under him in 4 years? 

I fully understand your comment and questions for this. For some reason all of the media or ex pros seem to think Rodgers is a brilliant coach and we are lucky to have him. The last 18 months I really struggle to see what Brendan does. I think only in the PSV game have I seen him make a substitute that improved our performance. I do not see any great coaching. This is his style of play and we will play like this no matter who is available. Which is great if you have the resources of a Man City or Real Madrid however passing the ball out with Ward, Amartey, Thomas will always lead to issues. I would have thought a good coach would look to bring the best out of each player. Not have them fit your system when they are not capable. 

In answer to your question others have mentioned Maddison and Barnes improved. Maddison has been excellent. But he is the only one who has played regularly to his high standard, which is why he will move to a top 6 side shortly. The rest of our players have not improved which is why we can not sell any or move them on. Looking through the whole squad Ndidi, Soyuncu, Iheanacho, Dewsbury Hall, Praet have all regressed in the last year. Justin and Ricardo the same but both due to injuries. Vardy + Evans due to age, Daka and Soumare have not performed to levels that were expected when they signed which is why we are in a position where we are. The decline in performance from his first 18 months to what we are seeing now is vast. Is there some resentment with timing and still being our manager? Potter getting the Chelsea Job after a good start this season, however a year or so before this could and should have been Brendan in contention for this job. I do not get the feeling that he wants to be here which has probably been passed on to the players with numerous ones wanting to leave as well. 

• Like 4

Nobody is all bad or all good. Rodgers has got stuff right and it hurts none of us to acknowledge that. It oughtn't surprise anyone if his approach will work with some players, sometimes. And work wonders too. It's a matter of balance. For me, it's a matter of the number of discards that we've seemingly got. Players that other managers would get a tune out of. Player for player, we aren't as shit as he might have you believe. I'm tired at him pointing at our players lack of technique, or energy, or desire... as if these things have nothing to do with him.

Most half decent chefs can put together an excellent meal with the best ingredients. Great chefs can make something out of what they have before them. Rodgers is no great chef, despite his pretensions and adorers. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Rodgers did say we needed signings last summer. Very hard to disagree with him. The way he said it was wrong , but he was correct, some of our players are quite poor

It pains me to agree with the little poisoned dwarf that new players were/are needed. But I just don't trust him with his purchases. His track record isn't the best in this area (he did make a song and dance that he has the final say in all transfer's so he doesn't have a leg to stand on with regards to the flops of Vestergaard,  Soumare etc) 

I really struggle with enjoying us with Rodgers in charge.

It’s been what 2 years since we actually played close to our best on a fairly consistent basis and to make matters worse, the old mantra of “Foxes never quit” has been changed to “You can tell if we’re in the game within the first 5 mins”.

The amount of amateurish and limp performances are surely nothing short of a nightmare, then throw in those Boga rumours and it feels like we’re all being pranked or is that just me?

5 hours ago, Matt said:

I'll probably get pelters from the 'You've got an agenda' lot but surely alot of that goes down to natural progression and maturity :dunno:

But it is fact nonetheless they've improved during his tenure - whether it's down to him or not.

...pretty right!!!

The advantage that Grealish had over Maddison was having Terry as a mentor. Maddison had the talent but sought to belive that was all he needed to succeed. He was lightweight and had a knack of jumping out of tackles. He is more physical now and mentally tougher and has a voice.

He had the jump on Grealish but has now been surpassed because it has taken him so long mature on the pitch.

Barnes is a natural progression but the same flaws within his game is still there, easy to read and if he doesn’t start well, he is a passenger.

Surely it has to be worth the pay off to Rogers, to see whether a new coach can get more of a tune out of the existing squad, you could easily save the Rogers compensation, if a new coach is able to significantly improve just one player of the Current squad.