Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

15 minutes ago, Dames said:

It would be a club like West Ham, Villa or Everton. Only clubs daft and desperate enough to pay what he’d be after.

His reputation has taken a beating over the past 18 months and the big jobs are further away now than they were before he joined us. 

I'm not so sure, from the outside looking in people will see it as him not getting the require resource.

People outside have a less bias view.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Not as much, but I think had a lot of credit in the bank and we had been horrific for about 8 years before.

I think exception level have gone up a few notches over the last 7-8 years.

Didn't have any bad runs really during his first time here, second time he did and the dross of the noughties was a distant memory by that point. Says something that Rodgers can win us our first FA Cup and it's gotten as stale as it has.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Where is Brendan likely to go when he leaves Leicester? He won't be going back to Celtic, so called big 6 teams wouldn't be interested you'd think, Newcastle, Villa, Brighton have new managers. West Ham if they let Moyes go?

Nailed on for the England job imo. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I think he might go abroad next.

Somewhere like Spain to top up his tan would be my guess.

I agree, I just don't see a job in the UK for Brendan after Leicester, he's not getting a big six realistically and any other job would be a repeat of what he's done at Leicester, not convinced he'd be interested in international management.

1 minute ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

On the appalling run we had in our first season in the PL

That wasn’t stale though! We were in most games and actually putting the effort in. We also finished 14th which was respectable. There is no way it was stale like it has been under Rodgers. At no point did me or anyone I know not want to go to the games due to how bad it was.

Edited by Unabomber
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Didn't have any bad runs really during his first time here, second time he did and the dross of the noughties was a distant memory by that point. Says something that Rodgers can win us our first FA Cup and it's gotten as stale as it has.

What about the dross of 2003-2008 :ph34r:.

I also think people the macho man imagine, lot of people identify with it.

Rodgers is a little be like a corporate director and people just don't warm to it. I dont think a portion of the fan base have ever taken to him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

What about the dross of 2003-2008 :ph34r:.

I also think people the macho man imagine, lot of people identify with it.

Rodgers is a little be like a corporate director and people just don't warm to it. I dont think a portion of the fan base have ever taken to him.

Yeah I mean by the time of the bad runs during his second stint that period had been forgotten as he'd already brought back some feel good factor. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FosseSpark said:

- erosion of core lcfc traits. Pace, Power, and defensive organisation to resemble a sort of quasi late wenger era arsenal with no spine, spirit or plan b.

Great post mate, especially this part.

I think our current style of football is what the owners want. Rodgers is merely a symptom. Unfortunately, without big investment in the playing squad you end up going the same way as Swansea and Bournemouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

On the appalling run we had in our first season in the PL

Eh?

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

That wasn’t stale though! We were in most games and actually putting the effort in. We also finished 14th which was respectable. There is no way it was stale like it has been under Rodgers. At no point did me or anyone I know not want to go to the games due to how bad it was.

Exactly. When someone in an atmosphere thread said they've never known an atmosphere at the KP when we'd been 2 or 3 down like he witnessed at Leeds midweek, I pointed out the Man Utd game in 14/15 when we were 3-1 down I thought the atmosphere was outstanding and even at 3-1 down I felt we were still in the game, we'd fight. Oh to have that positivity and feeling now.

You know from the first kick how a game is going nowaday. The game was dead after 10 minutes on Boxing Day and you know there is no coming back tonight. Spineless.

• Like 1