Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Got the tactics right today but got done by unforseen errors.

He needs backing. What did we have to bring off the bench?

He got it right in the first 20-30 mins then we held off, sat back and let them control the game. The two own goals are calamitous, but Liverpool were there for the taking and he again fails to make a tactical impact on a game when changes are required. 

For a premier league team to look as scared of the ball and make so many mistakes across the pitch has to raise questions, but many will be happy to not get thrashed at Anfield.

I can't blame Rogers, or anyone particularly, the whole things gone stale, so the two options are sell about 6-7 players and trust Rogers with a massive rebuild, or just get another manager in who adds a bit of extra life to some existing players and we may get away with 3-4 new signings.

Just now, Tuna said:

I don't know, winning the FA Cup?

Getting the club into Europe?

Which weren't in the past 18 months... He has tonnes of credit in the bank which he'd rightly earned. But he's long since burned through that and it's been dire since. I say this every time but he did a great job first few years and I will be forever grateful for that FA Cup win but since then, he's underperformed to a larger extent than he ever overperformed.

I admire your loyalty (a great trait to have) but the backing of him at this point is just denial. His track record is to do really well for a few years and then it goes to pieces. Why is that magically going to change. Have you heard the bloke? Never come across anybody so lacking in the ability to self-analyse and adapt accordingly.

• Like 2

xG was 2-1 to Liverpool which obviously doesn’t factor in the 2 we stuck in our own net. This is a terrible Liverpool side for their standards and they won at a canter.

4 shots on target in our last 2 games - we were trailing for most of that time too, a game state which lends itself to more chances, shots and goals. Except for us.

17 points from 17 games, 30 conceded. We apparently turned a corner at Anfield last season too, lol.

5 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I mean if you don’t get it you just don’t get it.

Get what?

I've been in the Rodgers out camp for longer than most, but I won't jump and down and call him because we lost 2-1 to Liverpool because of 2 moments of madness.

The board have clearly backed him and he is clearly not going anywhere, so we need to support him and the players.

People blaming Rogers and saying he lacked ambition second half need to think seriously about this. What on Earth could he have done?! Our squad is barely good enough to allow 3 subs let alone 5.

What could he have done? 

Bring on Ihenacho? He did that.

Bring on Albrighton? Maybe but he’s finished at this level let’s be honest. 
Everyone else on the bench is defensive minded or a youth player. 

We need to spend some money in the window or we’ll be in a relegation battle come May. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

One game.closer to the end. He won't go until we're in the drop zone though

We were bottom for 3 for 7 games and he didn’t go then so why you think he will now I don’t know. 

1 minute ago, Jakemoore said:

People blaming Rogers and saying he lacked ambition second half need to think seriously about this. What on Earth could he have done?! Our squad is barely good enough to allow 3 subs let alone 5.

What could he have done? 

Bring on Ihenacho? He did that.

Bring on Albrighton? Maybe but he’s finished at this level let’s be honest. 
Everyone else on the bench is defensive minded or a youth player. 

We need to spend some money in the window or we’ll be in a relegation battle come May. 

He’s built the ****in squad dude. This is his squad, he’s been here 3 years and the squad is worse now than it’s been since we’ve been back in the top flight, he’s had money, he brought Congerton in to help build his squad and now this is where we are at, but no it’s not Rodgers fault at all, seeing people still stick up for him is proof he is the ultimate football con man. For me it’s like Puel never left.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

He needs backing? His transfer record should mean he doesn’t get any backing. 

If he gets involved in January, we’re going down 

Even worse is that we sell Maddison in the summer and he has a say how we spend that. It could damage us for years to come!

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He’s built the ****in squad dude. This is his squad, he’s been here 3 years and the squad is worse now than it’s been since we’ve been back in the top flight, he’s had money, he brought Congerton in to help build his squad and now this is where we are at, but no it’s not Rodgers fault at all, seeing people still stick up for him is proof he is the ultimate football con man. For me it’s like Puel never left.

I accept that but I still believe that he’s signed

more hits than misses. I appreciate and agree that his bad signings have been very bad but I don’t think they’ve been any worse than any other manager. 

3 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

It’s everyone’s fault, but no single person and it’s mind numbingly lazy to point at Rodgers and not take account of other factors, it’s a combination of mismanagement and poor recruiting choices. If people want to blame a single person, surely it’s Top, the man who has the final say on ever decision potentially :dunno:

• Like 1

Weirdly for a manager who spends his time trying to emulate Pep, he actually looks a better manager setting us up as a counter attacking team. 

i think if he stepped away from his principles and didn’t focus so much on this philosophy of controlling the game and played a more mixed style we are still more than capable of being in the top ten. The problem is we are playing a system and style that largely stifles our strengths and we are losing/drawing games and we should be taking points from because of this obsession with trying to be the Man City of the ‘other 14’ 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s everyone’s fault, but no single person and it’s mind numbingly lazy to point at Rodgers and not take account of other factors, it’s a combination of mismanagement and poor recruiting choices. If people want to blame a single person, surely it’s Top, the man who has the final say on ever decision potentially :dunno:

Name the other factors then. I agree with that on Top, This would not be happening if Vichai was still alive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Eh?

Exactly. When someone in an atmosphere thread said they've never known an atmosphere at the KP when we'd been 2 or 3 down like he witnessed at Leeds midweek, I pointed out the Man Utd game in 14/15 when we were 3-1 down I thought the atmosphere was outstanding and even at 3-1 down I felt we were still in the game, we'd fight. Oh to have that positivity and feeling now.

You know from the first kick how a game is going nowaday. The game was dead after 10 minutes on Boxing Day and you know there is no coming back tonight. Spineless.

Deluded nonsense-you can’t compare our first big game in the PL after a decade with a mid season after a decade in the PL. The situation is entirely different.

We were truly awful for most of that season-then we accidentally stumbled on a new formation that was forced on us by injury. 

• Haha 1

Just now, elvisfmcfly said:

Name the other factors then. I agree with that on Top, This would not be happening if Vichai was still alive.

During Brendan’s tenure, we have covid, we got skanked on Fofana sending us into a panic, it’s unfortunate but they are non expected upheavals.

I think he should go at the end of the season, just to  mentally refresh the team anyway, but he is not too blame for all problems is my point.

• Like 1