Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

During Brendan’s tenure, we have covid, we got skanked on Fofana sending us into a panic, it’s unfortunate but they are non expected upheavals.

I think he should go at the end of the season, just to  mentally refresh the team anyway, but he is not too blame for all problems is my point.

Well Fofana has been out injured anyway and we were lucky to get whatever money we got for him cause you will see he will continue to get these injuries now ala Ricardo and Justin.
The way I judge is when a new manager comes in, is the club in a better or worse place than when his predecessor took over.
As for Covid ,well everyone is in the same boat.

The only thing I will say is spending a 100  million on that training ground as proved to be ****in comical. 

10 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Woooooah man no way he does not need backing! What are you on

It's a simple case of back him or sack him.

He's not been sacked, Top hasn't looked likely to sack him even after the Brighton/Spurs debacles.

If he does get sacked it will be because there is no option, total collapse of form, entrenched in the relegation zone etc...which nobody wants.

So back him with new players.

• Like 2

10 losses

Wolves improving

Impressive Fulham up next

This restart could well go the way of the start of the season! 

Still think the absolute worst we could do is 17th but you never know! 

7 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

That game in isolation, you can’t put it on Rodgers. 

Crazy game for sure, and in parts we played well. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t still textbook decision making wise. 

Came out after half time as if they’d had a team talk from a sloth. Only Two subs(second half). Taking the wrong midfielder off. Starting the wrong striker. Persisting with his pet in goal. Not protecting our championship at best left back away from home to one of the best…. Endless list. 

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 2

Just now, AjcW said:

Crazy game for sure, and in parts we played well. Doesn’t mean it wasn’t still textbook decision making wise. 

Came out after half time as if they’d had a team talk from a sloth. Only Two subs. Taking the wrong midfielder off. Starting the wrong striker. Persisting with his pet in goal. Not protecting our championship at best left back away from home to one of the best…. Endless list. 

Who were the options you could take off the bench?

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Came out after half time as if they’d had a team talk from a sloth. Only Two subs. Taking the wrong midfielder off. Starting the wrong striker. Persisting with his pet in goal. Not protecting our championship at best left back away from home to one of the best…. Endless list. 

An endless list of incorrect observations maybe. 

• Like 3

Just now, Ian Nacho said:

Who were the options you could take off the bench?

This is always the retort. Even just to add something different why aren’t we bringing Marc on? Even if it’s just to protect Luke like I said. He’s the closest we have to a Milner in that he’ll come on and give everything. 

I know that’s not popular opinion but he doesn’t even use subs to break up oppo periods of domination. There was 5 minutes of attack after attack that a clever manager would break up with the use of a sub. That’s why pep and klopp love the 5 sub rule because they have the brains to use it well! 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

He’s built the ****in squad dude. This is his squad, he’s been here 3 years and the squad is worse now than it’s been since we’ve been back in the top flight, he’s had money, he brought Congerton in to help build his squad and now this is where we are at, but no it’s not Rodgers fault at all, seeing people still stick up for him is proof he is the ultimate football con man. For me it’s like Puel never left.

If you look at the Bench there was only one player on there that was his signing if you looked at those that started there was 5 . Out of 20 available players in match day squad  6 are his signings . 

15 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Came out after half time as if they’d had a team talk from a sloth. Only Two subs(second half). Taking the wrong midfielder off. Starting the wrong striker. Persisting with his pet in goal. Not protecting our championship at best left back away from home to one of the best…. Endless list. 

Why shouldn't Daka have started?

24 minutes ago, baldeagle said:

If you look at the Bench there was only one player on there that was his signing if you looked at those that started there was 5 . Out of 20 available players in match day squad  6 are his signings . 

Ok so here’s his signings a full starting 11 

not actually as bad as I thought but how many have improved the squad? Fofana was the best business on there.4 of them were pointless signings. I certainly hope whatever transfers are in the pipeline he has no input.

Wout Faes 

James Justin

Ayoze Perez

Youri Tielemans( debatable)

Dennis Praet

Timothy Castagne

Wesley Fofana

Patson Daka

Boubakary Soumare 

Ryan Bertrand

Jannik Vestergaard

11 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

not actually as bad as I thought but how many have improved the squad? Fofana was the best business on there.4 of them were pointless signings. I certainly hope whatever transfers are in the pipeline he has no input.

Wout Faes 

James Justin

Ayoze Perez

Dennis Praet

Timothy Castagne

Wesley Fofana

Patson Daka

Boubakary Soumare 

Ryan Bertrand

Jannik Vestergaard

Even then 4 of those are either injured or sold . 

53 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

Wout Faes 

James Justin

Ayoze Perez

Dennis Praet

Timothy Castagne

Wesley Fofana

Patson Daka

Boubakary Soumare 

Ryan Bertrand

Jannik Vestergaard

I’d say apart from the last two names on the list, each one of those improved the squad.

5 are regular first team players (including Fofana who has now left).

Perez was a mainstay in the team for a long period of time, and our most successful period of time.

Soumare and Daka are now becoming first team regulars and improving.

Praet is a fantastic player to have on the bench, not good enough for the starting 11, but we need quality players to come off the bench.

• Like 1

So hard to defend Rodger’s at times I honestly thought he’d changed his ways after the last weeks for the break. I don’t think one fan would of picked that team, that’s worrying. And Vardy is still our best striker so why doesn’t he start him. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

So hard to defend Rodger’s at times I honestly thought he’d changed his ways after the last weeks for the break. I don’t think one fan would of picked that team, that’s worrying. And Vardy is still our best striker so why doesn’t he start him. 

Because he’s physically not up to it.  We’re trying to make sure that he’s available for the whole season. He’s going to have to play more than he should do now with daka out. 

1 hour ago, dannythefox said:

Vardy has scored one Premier League goal, and has visibly slowed over the course of this year I’m afraid. He will always be a legend, but he is rapidly approaching the end