Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This isn’t about this game. It’s about standard now. Mistakes, embarrassment are now normal for us. We are always “unlucky”. Flukey goal. Bad challenge. Penalties. Own goals. Defensive confusion. Disorganisation. Embarrassing collapses. 

Brendan Rodgers is the manager who has watched over this for 18 months. We may pick up a run again. But we will collapse again. And when we do, we go down hard. Bad habits and poor standards has now become normal for us. The players simply showing up and not being passive is now a good performance for us. 

I can’t stand this team or the manager anymore. The excitement of “oh it’s a match day” has gone and has been for some time. I don’t enjoy my club at the moment and for that I don’t like anyone involved in it. I couldn’t care less if any player, manager, board member, coach or owner chose to leave. Consistent embarrassing mistakes every other game is just not on. 

Sounds like you don’t like football anymore. 

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s everyone’s fault, but no single person and it’s mind numbingly lazy to point at Rodgers and not take account of other factors, it’s a combination of mismanagement and poor recruiting choices. If people want to blame a single person, surely it’s Top, the man who has the final say on ever decision potentially :dunno:

.. not sure how you can say that, the Chairman or MD in a company, does not get involved in recruitment,  he has delegated senior officers to do that!!!

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. not sure how you can say that, the Chairman or MD in a company, does not get involved in recruitment,  he has delegated senior officers to do that!!!

Buck stops at the top, they employ those beneath them, so it is ultimately their responsibility. They may not be involved  in questionable decisions from their minions, but they employ and manage those making the decisions.

I am not enamoured by Rodgers he’s very lucky he is still here tbh, my only hope is he guides us to safety and then he gets shown the door. If we win one of the cups that would be a bonus. 

We should be on the lookout for a new manager for next season.

10 hours ago, baldeagle said:

If you look at the Bench there was only one player on there that was his signing if you looked at those that started there was 5 . Out of 20 available players in match day squad  6 are his signings . 

...unless  I am mistaken, it would be!!!

Ward

Castagne 

Faes 

Soumare 

Perez

Daka

Pretty much most of these players have question marks about what they bring to the team. After all this time here, he should have put his stamp on this team, from early in his tenure playing a style which played to their strengths to playing in a way that now hampers them.

Poor coaching and an inability to see ingrained problems has been a longterm feature of this team and manager.

• Like 1

There is a reason Brendan Rodgers is the manager of Leicester city and not Liverpool his signings at Liverpool were awful and it took klopp along time to get rid of it and Rodgers has done the same to us but I don’t think we will survive with what he leaves behind! Liverpool are lucky and are a big club so they could eventually clear the crap out but it took a long time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Because he’s physically not up to it.  We’re trying to make sure that he’s available for the whole season. He’s going to have to play more than he should do now with daka out. 

...I  must admit, I  was surprised to see Daka starting and Vardy on the bench!!!

Ir has been 4 days since the last game and coming to Anfield needed a player who has experience in such occasions. Playing Vardy for 60 minutes, would have been my preferred option. 

48 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Buck stops at the top, they employ those beneath them, so it is ultimately their responsibility. They may not be involved  in questionable decisions from their minions, but they employ and manage those making the decisions.

...unless you are Mike Ashley,  no Chairman goes around micro- managing his club!!!

I can't see the Chelsea chairman blaming Potter for Fofana breaking down constantly or Man. United Chairman remonstrating with Ten Hag why Sancho is not setting the world alight.

27 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

This thread has become an echo chamber of whinging, moaning and complaining. You all claim to no longer care about the club but yet are in here every week moaning your bollocks off. 

I think because you are all liking each others posts in here you have some how deluded yourselfs that you speak for the fan base and large. I was at anfield last night and I didnt here a single comment or chant that was anti brendan. The away end warmly applauded the players and seemed to feel it was a good effort. Yet you log onto foxestalk and its the end of world. 

You've been moaning in here for months and months and months but are a few facts that you can't escape these are:

1. He hasn't lost the dressing room. 

2. He isn't going anywhere. The club didn't sack him in August and September when we lost 6 league games on the spin including a couple where we conceded 6. You lot are off your head if you think we pull the trigger after a decent away performance at anfield.

3. Sacking him and his staff and employing a new manager and staff is incredibly expensive. Reading between the lines, At best it will take money away from new signings that we desperately need at worst we outright can't afford to do it. 

4. You can call it apathy or you can just say people don't agree with your views but there is absolutely no sustained organised/synchronised brendan out movement within the fans, none whatsoever. No chanting, no protests, no banners (yes I remember a bit of light chanting after Palace and there was a banner in Sk1 but where is it now?) 

I'm personally myself not even massively brendan in this isn't even about in or out its completely irrelevant whether you want him in or not the fact is that he is forseeable future and all your doing here is depressing yourself and making the board depressive for others. 

You have just posted a long whinge in which you complain about people whinging and expressing their views on a forum in which people are supposed to express their views.  That those views at times don't accord with yours is just the way it is.

I don't find the thread depressing.  I find it cathartic knowing there are other fans who are as frustrated with Rodgers as I am.  Just a different perspective. 

There are also people who support him on this thread and that's also fine because ultimately what we have here is a talking shop.  In fact reading other perspectives also provides some balance to my own opinions on Rodgers as sometimes it's easy to blame him for everything, when clearly he is just one cog in the club. 

Doesn't mean I don't want Rodgers to turn it around or come good.  I always want the club to do well regardless of manager.  

You do not have to log into this particular thread or indeed the forum if you're finding it too negative.  

Edited by Bordersfox
Clarification
  • Like 1

...unless you are Mike Ashley,  no Chairman goes around micro- managing his club!!!

I can't see the Chelsea chairman blaming Potter for Fofana breaking down constantly or Man. United Chairman remonstrating with Ten Hag why Sancho is not setting the world alight.

Not sure what you saying here!! I work in IT and I manage a team of devs, as part of my job it is to select the guys I will work with. If they are shite, is that their fault or mine? It’s obviously mine. Same deal withTop/Rodgers.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  must admit, I  was surprised to see Daka starting and Vardy on the bench!!!

Ir has been 4 days since the last game and coming to Anfield needed a player who has experience in such occasions. Playing Vardy for 60 minutes, would have been my preferred option. 

The plan would have been to contain and try and be in the game after an hour. We no doubt expected them to make the fast start. 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not sure what you saying here!! I work in IT and I manage a team of devs, as part of my job it is to select the guys I will work with. If they are shite, is that their fault or mine? It’s obviously mine. Same deal withTop/Rodgers.

...you cannot compare a small group with a multi million pound company!!!

If Rodgers fails do you remove the DoF and the COO, or you remove the ineffective individual? 

...you cannot compare a small group with a multi million pound company!!!

If Rodgers fails do you remove the DoF and the COO, or you remove the ineffective individual? 

Of course you can,  mismanagement is bad whatever the company size. Sacking Rodgers to have the same sort of poor manager selected again by management is not progress, it just means those who cannot see beyond their hate of Rodgers have finally succeeded in their project.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Weller 2 said:

Sounds like you don’t like football anymore. 

Not football. I loved the World Cup. Watched a lot of it and looked forward to certain games. I enjoy watching other PL games. I enjoy watching EFL games

Under Rodgers, as much as it pains me to say this, I don’t like Leicester that much. Before a game, it’s not oh can we win, draw etc. it’s “I hope the ****ing players and the tit wank manager actually show up and compete.” It’s been like that since the second half of the first season and has only intensified each year. Literally ten minutes into a game you know whether Leicester will actually compete or not. The Newcastle game was not a one off - it’s the norm. We’ve done it so many times. 

The mistakes are something else. We now as a supporter group make excuses for it. It happens. One of those things. Unfortunate. Sure but every other week ? How many times have we seen a disastrous error just this season. Somethings wrong with our preparation. And I’m yet to me convinced otherwise. We lost to Man City earlier in the season and I loved the game. We were organised, prepared and competed. So what if you lose. That unfortunately just doesn’t happen consistently. 

Maybe I’m getting older and given I witnessed the Taylor era and the 10 years in the championship (which were considerably worse) I should be used to it. However, it’s just something about the way this manager, his players, the owner and his board have gone about this that really rubs me the wrong way. So much resource. A club literally built up being knocked down. 

I might try to give Leicester a break for a while (if I can) and that’s at least until Brendan Rodgers leaves. Brendan’s a big part of why the funs been sucked out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Of course you can,  mismanagement is bad whatever the company size. Sacking Rodgers to have the same sort of poor manager selected again by management is not progress, it just means those who cannot see beyond their hate of Rodgers have finally succeeded in their project.

.. so you are saying, if a member of your team messes up, your Chairman needs to go into his bedroom to take a long good look at himself,  because he hired someone who hired you, who hired someone, unable to do his role!!!

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

.. so you are saying, if a member of your team messes up, your Chairman needs to go into his bedroom to take a long good look at himself,  because he hired someone who hired you, who hired someone, unable to do his role!!!

No, you just don’t like the truth of it, with it not being Rodgers bashing. :D

Will try to get on board in future. 

19 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I criticised his line up but I thought we were okay and deserved something from the game. Started quick for once which was good to see.

Might be slightly anecdotal this (so much so I’d tend to agree with the above but wanted to check it out).

According to who scored we’ve averaged 0.94 goals in the first half of games this season and since Brighton 8 of those goals have been in the first quarter of the match.

The bigger issue is that we’ve conceded an average of 1.06 goals in the second half of games (0.7in the first half) whilst only scoring 0.59. The stats point to a team who switch off when they’ve scored and as the match progresses, we also seem to concede quite quickly after going in front too I feel. I think we’re on the whole worse after half time as opposed to the start of the game. 

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...unless  I am mistaken, it would be!!!

Ward

Castagne 

Faes 

Soumare 

Perez

Daka

Pretty much most of these players have question marks about what they bring to the team. After all this time here, he should have put his stamp on this team, from early in his tenure playing a style which played to their strengths to playing in a way that now hampers them.

Poor coaching and an inability to see ingrained problems has been a longterm feature of this team and manager.

Close Ward isn’t the other is Vesti and it’s hard to put your stamp in a team when you inherit a squad of average players on high wages no one wants . Then throw in  players like Fofana jumping ship as soon as possible a transfer window where he couldn’t sign anyone and players not wanting to be here but happy to sit and take a wage . I’m  not saying none of it is the managers fault but he has had his hands tied to some extent with financial constraints players happy just to take a wage , players being sold and a shed load of injuries . 

Edited by baldeagle

1 hour ago, Simoken said:

BR had the tactics spot on lastnight, wtf you all talking about..

Until we had to chase the game and once again he had no answer to it.

We played very well the opening 30 mins and even ended the half quite strong after inviting Liverpool on to us and those two brain farts from Faes.

However in the 2nd half we were not very aggressive in trying to attack, almost happy to try and keep it close and hope for a moment of brilliance or a mistake for us to pounce. We've had 4 shots on target in 2 games, that's not acceptable even against teams in the top 6.

• Like 1

The squad needs an overhaul. I wonder if we will have money in the summer or will it be a repeat of last summer. Tielemans is leaving and we can't go another season with Amartey and Ward as starters. 

• Like 2