Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Until we had to chase the game and once again he had no answer to it.

We played very well the opening 30 mins and even ended the half quite strong after inviting Liverpool on to us and those two brain farts from Faes.

However in the 2nd half we were not very aggressive in trying to attack, almost happy to try and keep it close and hope for a moment of brilliance or a mistake for us to pounce. We've had 4 shots on target in 2 games, that's not acceptable even against teams in the top 6.

I agree but our lack of attacking talent is shocking.

19 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Has one man ever adored themselves this much?

6:35 for where he tells a story about a celtic legend who is in the crowd that isn't true.

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/20282731.anthony-ralston-laughs-off-brendan-rodgers-danny-mcgrain-comparison-eclipsing-celtic-heros-goal-haul/

strange fella

I have no animosity towards Rodgers, he’s done a good job here overall cannot deny that but do feel that this is the end of the cycle and for the good of the club a change is needed and also some of the players as well a change is needed. Key remit is staying up, we have to accrue the 40 point target as soon as possible and then we can make the changes.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It's not great in midfield but I still think almost the entire division would love to have Iheanacho and Vardy on their bench, we just have absolutely no solution to serving the ball to them in dangerous areas. I think that's system and desire as much as individual players required to do so. We don't commit forward enough, the energy is often not there or the movement to create the space for players from deep to come forward and support.

That's may point we need some to load the bullets, Nacho is a predator in the box.

Vardy has gone from all action forward to a fox in the box.

Without Maddison, and an off could Barnes we don't have much of a creative spark.

We don't have creative fullbacks like we did when we had Chilwell and a fit Ricardo.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lcfc82 said:

The management team needs an overhaul as well. 

The one thing Rodgers was right on and I completely agreed with was that we needed a rebuild last summer.

That rebuild included him and his staff.

During the discontent at the start of the season Top was being asked questions of, he still needs asking questions of, all the mummering's towards him have gone quiet again.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

This thread has become a parody of itself these days. Posters have resorted to picking up on and moaning about the most inconsequential, inane details about Brendans personality and spinning an entire drama about it. How boring can you get?

I saw no way out for the manager 6 weeks in the season but the players are obviously playing for him and the hierarchy backs him. He isn't going anywhere.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

We were bottom for 3 for 7 games and he didn’t go then so why you think he will now I don’t know. 

Because its a different stage of the season. Bit of a silly thing to say. The further the season  goes on obviously the tighter the noose in that position. 

1 hour ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

This thread has become a parody of itself these days. Posters have resorted to picking up on and moaning about the most inconsequential, inane details about Brendans personality and spinning an entire drama about it. How boring can you get?

I saw no way out for the manager 6 weeks in the season but the players are obviously playing for him and the hierarchy backs him. He isn't going anywhere.

It is so weird and it's the same posters.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, 1884Man said:

Does anyone understand Rogers substitutions? Cos I don't understand his logic... (Re the Main team, he obviously has his favourites) 

I've always thought his substitutions were dodgy but every manager has "favourites".

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I've always thought his substitutions were dodgy but every manager has "favourites".

overall I generally think they are the right decisions but often too late.  He’s made a few big errors but I don’t think he’s bad at that part of the game. 

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Just as it's the same poster's that continue to back him and get excited after a couple of wins against extremely poor sides as if their Messiah has been reborn 🤣

Maybe, just maybe they give the win/s their deserved value in the face of the auto-reactionaries who are poised waiting to find fault the second something goes wrong, and often even if it hasn't.

I know the Newcastle match was a disaster, but this forum is totally unbearable when people just choose to ignore anything good that happens ever, and in doing so suggest they're better/more discerning supporters (I use that word advisedly) in the process.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Maybe, just maybe they give the win/s their deserved value in the face of the auto-reactionaries who are poised waiting to find fault the second something goes wrong, and often even if it hasn't.

I know the Newcastle match was a disaster, but this forum is totally unbearable when people just choose to ignore anything good that happens ever, and in doing so suggest they're better/more discerning supporters (I use that word advisedly) in the process.

I don't think they do, they just don't go overboard over a potential glimmer of hope anymore. The statandard of play has been so poor for so long. Whilst I'm sure everyone was really chuffed for example with the result agsinst Forest, it would be nieve to wipe out or excuse whats been going on before that.

Yes, Newcastle was poor but the performance was better against Liverpool and credit, fairmindedly should be given for that.

1 minute ago, volpeazzurro said:

I don't think they do, they just don't go overboard over a potential glimmer of hope anymore. The statandard of play has been so poor for so long. Whilst I'm sure everyone was really chuffed for example with the result agsinst Forest, it would be nieve to wipe out or excuse whats been going on before that.

Yes, Newcastle was poor but the performance was better against Liverpool and credit, fairmindedly should be given for that.

I take your points here, but I would remind people (i'm trying to not make this personal about you) that when we finished 5th twice, the mostly excellent seasons that led to those finishes were conveniently forgotten or talked down because the team were loudly deemed to have 'bottled it' (or ran out of steam, or however else slightly kinder people might have put it).

In other words, people are quite willing to wipe out the good stuff too when it suits their position - and that's far worse than naive.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

it would be nieve to wipe out or excuse whats been going on before that.

This is a myth that this happens, by the way.

I think anyone who praised our great turnaround in form pre-WC, including me, were well aware the issues with style of play and squad depth were still there. Generally weren't so blind that everything is all rosey just because we pulled ourselves out from the bottom 3. I don't blame anyone, again including myself, for having a bit of positivity about the place after a miserable start to the season. 

• Like 2