Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

That we need to sign players or other clubs will overtake us.

Already happened. And he takes the flak for it whilst the decision is made by someone you can't criticise apparently.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Already happened. And he takes the flak for it whilst the decision is made by someone you can't criticise apparently.

he spent the money that was wasted that put us into a position where FFP meant we needed to sell first

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
11 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

he spent the money that was wasted that put us into a position where FFP meant we needed to sell first

Pretty clear he isn't in charge of the money....so I don't see how much we paid for players is his fault.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Pretty clear he isn't in charge of the money....so I don't see how much we paid for players is his fault.

Do you think Rodgers will get 3 new player’s ?

I personally think we’ll be lucky to sign one and that’ll be on loan.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

he brought in his own handpicked man to head up the recruiting if you think the players signed weren't his choices you are deluding yourself.

Yes he probably doesn't negotiate the deals but they will be done on his say so, he has a lot of power, he got it when he signed the new contract.

• Like 2

the transfer situation boils down to this for me, he will know the score, if he's not happy with it walk, making sly digs shows everyone he's unhappy including the players, you cannot do that, so either walk away or find some enthusiasm and get on with it, we need attacking players and we have a bunch of talented ones in the U21s, they may not make it but give them a chance whilst we have no depth someone may pop, look at Rashford and remember he was chucked in before they wanted to due to injuries who knows maybe Popov, one of the Pennant brothers, Maswanhise or others could show themselves to be good enough for us if you actually play them and put some faith into them.

If Alves was injured I don't think he'd be on the bench in the league even now. Its easy to do it in a cup game against lower league sides but if he is truly someone that develops youth players have the balls to do it in the league instead of having so many defensive options on the bench

Edited by Jimmy
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the transfer situation boils down to this for me, he will know the score, if he's not happy with it walk, making sly digs shows everyone he's unhappy including the players, you cannot do that, so either walk away or find some enthusiasm and get on with it, we need attacking players and we have a bunch of talented ones in the U21s, they may not make it but give them a chance whilst we have no depth someone may pop, look at Rashford and remember he was chucked in before they wanted to due to injuries who knows maybe Popov, one of the Pennant or Maswanhise could show themselves to be good enough for us if you actually play them and put some faith into them.

If Alves was injured I don't think he'd be on the bench in the league even now. Its easy to do it in a cup game against lower league sides but if he is truly someone that develops youth players have the balls to do it in the league instead of having so many defensive options on the bench

Honestly players who aren't bang them in for the under 21 are unlikely to going go into the PL and just going to start banging them in.

Edited by coolhandfox

15 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Honestly players who aren't bang them in for the under 21 are unlikely to going go into the PL and just going to start banging them in.

possibly not but its still better than having 1 striker and 7 defensive options on the bench.

3 from Vardy, Nacho, Barnes and Perez will start leaving likely Nacho on the bench. Tielemans will probably start dropping Wilf to the bench meaning we'd have 3 CB's and 2 DMs on the bench with Albrighton as full back cover and probably someone like Wormleighton coming in to fill the empty spot.

Why not leave Vestergaard, who he never wants to play out, leave out one of Wilf or Mendy, Brunt covers left back CB and DM so fine but you should still have 3 spots for players like Braybrooke and 2 attacking players from the U21s. We literally have not other senior options so we have nothing to lose.

Its not like Dewsbury-Hall every really stood out at that level it was when he got to senior football he suddenly showed what he had

Edited by Jimmy

13 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

possibly not but its still better than having 1 striker and 7 defensive options on the bench.

3 from Vardy, Nacho, Barnes and Perez will start leaving likely Nacho on the bench. Tielemans will probably start dropping Wilf to the bench meaning we'd have 3 CB's and 2 DMs on the bench with Albrighton as full back cover and probably someone like Wormleighton coming in to fill the empty spot.

Why not leave Vestergaard, who he never wants to play out, leave out one of Wilf or Mendy, Brunt covers left back CB and DM so fine but you should still have 3 spots for players like Braybrooke and 2 attacking players from the U21s. We literally have not other senior options so we have nothing to lose.

Its not like Dewsbury-Hall every really stood out at that level it was when he got to senior football he suddenly showed what he had

You'll like to think we would bring someone in, but I take you point.

KDH did have half a season in League 1 and a season in the Championship before having a go in the PL.

1 minute ago, Jimmy said:

we appointed a new head scout, Rodgers didn't lose any power

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Not sure on that 

There was an article (in the Athletic I think) about the club returning to previous models on transfers I seem to recall, either way we will hopefully see one way or other soon enough!!

• Like 2

Guest Chocolate Teapot
16 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we appointed a new head scout, Rodgers didn't lose any power

Hes been in charge of a side that's signed one player in over 18 months when he's consistently said it needs improving. Doesn't sound that powerful to me. Meanwhile the dof who signs all the transfers and heads up the whole football operation gets zero stick.

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes been in charge of a side that's signed one player in over 18 months when he's consistently said it needs improving. Doesn't sound that powerful to me. Meanwhile the dof who signs all the transfers and heads up the whole football operation gets zero stick.

we haven't signed anyone because of FFP as Rodgers signings for a lot of money and wages have been mostly flops so we struggle to sell anyone

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Several like Braybrooke should have been loaned out. If they aren't loaned out this window, we won't be able to keep them. Either play them in the first team or loan them.

58 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the transfer situation boils down to this for me, he will know the score, if he's not happy with it walk, making sly digs shows everyone he's unhappy including the players, you cannot do that, so either walk away or find some enthusiasm and get on with it, we need attacking players and we have a bunch of talented ones in the U21s, they may not make it but give them a chance whilst we have no depth someone may pop, look at Rashford and remember he was chucked in before they wanted to due to injuries who knows maybe Popov, one of the Pennant brothers, Maswanhise or others could show themselves to be good enough for us if you actually play them and put some faith into them.

Our U21's have a bigger injury list than our 1st team.

Quite astonishing how many are out with long injuries. Braybrooke disappeared in recent weeks to from both the academy and 1st team training. 

He's wasted so much money on dross not just here but wherever he has managed to blag a job

Benteke 46m

Lallana 31m

Markovic 25m

Balotelli 20m

Plus whatever he spunked up the wall with the junk he brought here