Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest Chocolate Teapot
6 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

we haven't signed anyone because of FFP as Rodgers signings for a lot of money and wages have been mostly flops so we struggle to sell anyone

Whilst the rest of the prem plunder millions? Sounds like a convenient excuse to me.

11 minutes ago, somebum said:

He's wasted so much money on dross not just here but wherever he has managed to blag a job

Benteke 46m

Lallana 31m

Markovic 25m

Balotelli 20m

Plus whatever he spunked up the wall with the junk he brought here

Rule number 1: the bad ones weren’t his signings 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our U21's have a bigger injury list than our 1st team.

Quite astonishing how many are out with long injuries. Braybrooke disappeared in recent weeks to from both the academy and 1st team training. 

is it really that astonishing when they let Rogers completely change the medical set up? He inherited one of the best injury records in the league why he felt the need to change it is beyond me

You just cannot ever imagine us doing to a team like Liverpool what Brentford did tonight.**

Disciplined performance where they totally outclassed an elite side, bullying them in the process.

Concede a goal at 2-1 and instead of heads dropping they kept trying to score whilst being really solid defensively. 

**I know that in Rodgers 4 year tenure, we have beaten some good teams. You just can’t imagine us doing it now. Or at any stage in the past 12 months. 

14 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Can’t believe some think Frank would be a step down from Rodgers 😂 he’d also help our terrible scouting department

He is. What’s he ever done? Brentford are okay but hit a miss. Battered at Villa and Newcastle this season. 

Brentford are run well and have been recruiting well for seasons, before Frank arrived. Also don’t forget that Tony, albeit a good player, cost them £10m so he wasn’t exactly an unknown gem.

We can do much better than Frank, Villa got Emerey ffs. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He is. What’s he ever done? Brentford are okay but hit a miss. Battered at Villa and Newcastle this season. 

Brentford are run well and have been recruiting well for seasons, before Frank arrived. Also don’t forget that Tony, albeit a good player, cost them £10m so he wasn’t exactly an unknown gem.

What’s he done? He’s implemented a plan b for a start, something our manager lacks… even seems to have no plan A at times. 

This whole “what’s he ever done” nonsense as well… he’s not been around for long to have the chance to win anything, but in a short space of time he’s got a low cost side performing most weeks, above their ability. 

And the chance of Leicester getting an ‘Emery’ are gone, bang average squad, with terrible recruitment, and seemingly, not much money in the bank. We are a mid table side at best, so I’d suggest you come back to earth. 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

The main thing is we can do so much better than Rodgers, we are hardly in the position for Snobbery, I’d take Frank over Rodgers all day long. 

29 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

What’s he done? He’s implemented a plan b for a start, something our manager lacks… even seems to have no plan A at times. 

This whole “what’s he ever done” nonsense as well… he’s not been around for long to have the chance to win anything, but in a short space of time he’s got a low cost side performing most weeks, above their ability. 

And the chance of Leicester getting an ‘Emery’ are gone, bang average squad, with terrible recruitment, and seemingly, not much money in the bank. We are a mid table side at best, so I’d suggest you come back to earth. 

What’s his plan B? Curious considering I don’t watch Brentford enough. He plays direct and still uses long throws. They were awful second half today, again, deep and offered next to nothing. A better side than Liverpool would’ve come back, as Spurs did on Boxing Day.

We’ve had one poor summer of bad recruitment, aside from that Rodgers (and team) have been responsible for signing Fofona, Castagne, Justin among others. Brentford have recruited well for seasons now, it would continue if Frank left.

I never said we weren’t anything but mid table either. Frank is flavour of the month but I’ll be very surprised if he takes Brentford any higher than where they currently are. Brentford have won 1 more game than us, and we’ve a game in hand, yet I’m supposed to be impressed.

Edited by Fox92

Frank is benefitting from how well run Brentford are. I think he'd struggle outside of Brentford.

Similarly, we're seeing Potter struggle outside of Brighton - he had a fantastic set up behind him with an owner who took a similarly innovative, analytics-based approach to football. He was also had the time to impose his culture on the club. At Chelsea, he doesn't have the same time and the transfer strategy looks a mess (how have they spent so much and not sorted out a striker) beyond trying to buy lots of young players and hope something works. 

5 minutes ago, Koke said:

Villa got Emery. That's the level of managers we need to go for. Either that or an up and coming coach like Arteta. 

I’m still amazed Villa got him. That’s the exact ambition I want to see here.

51 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

You just cannot ever imagine us doing to a team like Liverpool what Brentford did tonight.**

Disciplined performance where they totally outclassed an elite side, bullying them in the process.

Concede a goal at 2-1 and instead of heads dropping they kept trying to score whilst being really solid defensively. 

**I know that in Rodgers 4 year tenure, we have beaten some good teams. You just can’t imagine us doing it now. Or at any stage in the past 12 months. 

Er, we beat them 1-0 last season with a very disciplined performance. 

We had a very good record of maintaining leads under Rodgers for the first full two seasons. Our game management was pretty decent. 

It started going wrong last season, with the defensive set up and set piece uncertainty. 

That's on BR to sort. I'm frustrated with how soft we've become but we can't ignore how good we were. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 minutes ago, Koke said:

Villa got Emery. That's the level of managers we need to go for. Either that or an up and coming coach like Arteta. 

I do not believe Emery would have come here, as I have often thought that there is an unsavoury truth behind what makes clubs “seem big” outside of the usual suspects, and this is something that Villa still have, as Tottenham do, as do Everton, even as West Ham do to a lesser extent, and this is something related to media driven historic notoriety.

Or perhaps it is as simple as money

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
8 minutes ago, Koke said:

One that's not as good as the one we've currently got?

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes been in charge of a side that's signed one player in over 18 months when he's consistently said it needs improving. Doesn't sound that powerful to me. Meanwhile the dof who signs all the transfers and heads up the whole football operation gets zero stick.

Spot on. Add in 7 players out of contract this season to show how poorly the club has been run.

I think the signings of Vestergaard, Perez and Bertrand are on BR, but the out of control wage bill and contract issues surely sit more with Rudkin. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Hes been in charge of a side that's signed one player in over 18 months when he's consistently said it needs improving. Doesn't sound that powerful to me. Meanwhile the dof who signs all the transfers and heads up the whole football operation gets zero stick.

...didn't we bring in Daka and Soumare last summer, with a Goal keeper in lthis summers window along with Faes!!!

12 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Er, we beat them 1-0 last season with a very disciplined performance. 

We had a very good record of maintaining leads under Rodgers for the first full two seasons. Our game management was pretty decent. 

It started going wrong last season, with the defensive set up and set piece uncertainty. 

That's on BR to sort. I'm frustrated with how soft we've become but we can't ignore how good we were

Yes we absolutely can, because it's not relevant now. If we finish in the bottom 3 they won't let us stay up because of the first halves of a couple of seasons 3 years ago.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Frank is benefitting from how well run Brentford are. I think he'd struggle outside of Brentford.

Similarly, we're seeing Potter struggle outside of Brighton - he had a fantastic set up behind him with an owner who took a similarly innovative, analytics-based approach to football. He was also had the time to impose his culture on the club. At Chelsea, he doesn't have the same time and the transfer strategy looks a mess (how have they spent so much and not sorted out a striker) beyond trying to buy lots of young players and hope something works. 

Every reason you've given for Potter struggling at Chelsea is something completely out of Potter's hands.

It was obvious that Chelsea were going to struggle, the second they signed Sterling. That single signing alone proved Tuchel was completely overrated and clueless, he's nowhere near a top class player to lead a Club, Man City carried him and made him look way better than what he is. Less end product than Barnes.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

What’s his plan B? Curious considering I don’t watch Brentford enough. He plays direct and still uses long throws. They were awful second half today, again, deep and offered next to nothing. A better side than Liverpool would’ve come back, as Spurs did on Boxing Day.

We’ve had one poor summer of bad recruitment, aside from that Rodgers (and team) have been responsible for signing Fofona, Castagne, Justin among others. Brentford have recruited well for seasons now, it would continue if Frank left.

I never said we weren’t anything but mid table either. Frank is flavour of the month but I’ll be very surprised if he takes Brentford any higher than where they currently are. Brentford have won 1 more game than us, and we’ve a game in hand, yet I’m supposed to be impressed.

I’ve seen them play counter attacking, pressing, and defensively solid games, all in one game. 

This just sounds like another stubborn defence of Rodgers, or an opinion of snobbery toward Brentford and their manager. Seen it so many times. Since we’ve won something people think we can mix it with the big boys. Well, we can’t. Our manager keeps telling us that anyway, ever since he’s started losing more than winning coincidently…

Im sure we’d be watching more pressing, on the front foot football under Frank than this passive borefest I see most weeks nowadays, and would like to at least take a chance. 

• Like 1

Just now, TMELcfc said:

I’ve seen them play counter attacking, pressing, and defensively solid games, all in one game. 

This just sounds like another stubborn defence of Rodgers, or an opinion of snobbery toward Brentford and their manager. Seen it so many times. Since we’ve won something people think we can mix it with the big boys. Well, we can’t. Our manager keeps telling us that anyway, ever since he’s started losing more than winning coincidently…

Im sure we’d be watching more pressing, on the front foot football under Frank than this passive borefest I see most weeks nowadays, and would like to at least take a chance. 

Why on Earth would he come?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

Cba. Any argument you just write me off as defending Rodgers or thinking we’re better than what we are, when it’s simply not true. I want us to get a better manager and Frank is not a better manager. We should aim higher if we’re this big club that you think we are.

3 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Already happened. And he takes the flak for it whilst the decision is made by someone you can't criticise apparently.

...Rudkin has had his fair share of blame apportioned to him!!!

Rodgers very much shouting from the rooftops that no players comes into the club without his say so.