Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

I have been looking at Rashford in recent weeks and seeing how Ten Haag has revived his career by helping him improve his decision making. We have a very similar player in Harvey Barnes who excels when there is space in front of him but has poor decision making when against a tight defence and linkup play is required. Why are the struggles of Barnes under Rodger's coaching reminiscent of Rashford when he was coached by an amateur in Solskjaer? Why are we not seeing continual improvement in Barnes's understanding of game like Rashford has been seeing in recent months and like many players saw under Ten Haag at Ajax?

I think most fans, even the ones who are adamant defenders of Rodgers, know on some deeper level that players do not improve under him. Kiernan Dewsbury Hall for instance is playing significantly worse than last year when he was fresh from Luton. Castagne had far better off the ball movement, linkup and positioning when he came here from Atalanta. Ndidi is another player who over the last year has looked confused as to what his role in the side is compared to when Rodgers first joined and he played a simple game. Daka is another player who needs quality coaching to improve his in game decision making, something he has clearly not gotten from Rodgers over the last year and a half.

Only Maddison has improved out of all our players. I will say that it took Championship level form at the start of last season to see that improvement and he had been continually getting worse before that.

There has been a level of incompetence behind the handling of this team over the past few years that many on here refuse to see. How can Rodgers be an elite manager when our players lack the mentality to bounce back from a defeat, lack the match intelligence to manage a lead, lack the movement and decision making to play well against the well coached sides of the league. Surely all these factors lie at the feet of Rodgers yet people still hold onto this mental image of him being a top class manager.

improved his decision making??
The only decision he needed was if he wanted to to be a footballer or not as his MBE & off field projects took a lot more out of him than he expected & he was getting pulled away from football.

Rashford blew onto the scene at 16yrs old he has always been a very good footballer wth a very good end product at some point he was going to dip & man when he did some of the cr4p that come out on here was unreal & why? because many on here live in the moment, if someone is pony the previous game he's pony end of for some, regardless of anything else that goes on in their lives.

Doing what he has been doing, having come from where he has & seeing what he has seen with his off field projects then maybe looking at his wages for playing football & everything else that goes with it had exhausted him mentally & taken his focus off football, he has always had what he is showing now, you don't play for England at that age if you still required to know which pass to make.

As for Rodgers everyone of our players rave about the coaching & his management (but of course they will say that hey?) but hey as none of us really know what he's like with any individual maybe they are actually telling the truth?

Edited by BKLFox

On 02/01/2023 at 15:15, dnewty said:

This is why every now and again it would be beneficial if someone from the board came out and did an in-depth interview about the goings on at the club. I feel some reassurance is needed regarding the clubs finances, the stadium expansion and other things. I don’t expect them to do this every five minutes but occasionally it’s needed.

I Don't know of any other clubs board or any business that would come out and give a public run down of the going within the club-business. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We should be aiming to beat Fulham at home regardless of how well they are doing. We should at least have some expectations. 

A loss tonight would rightly up the pressure on the manager, he's paid a lot of money. 

I don’t believe at present Rodgers is under pressure…

Win ,lose,Draw..he has this season..

Various personal opinions,and taken perspectives,including this one,ain’t going to

change it…

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It was hit and miss but we still finished 8th. I was referring to league finishes and I don't think Rodgers has finished below 9th with us. The European tour and defence of FA Cup was the worst thing of last season.

In all fairness if we look at it objectively we  were lucky to get 8th.. We had a very favorable end to the season playing dross and relegated teams.(yes results could have been different if we played then at different times in the season, but on the same token we could also have lost when we won if the teams concerned had been playing for something at that point and not just seeing the season out) Against any half decent opposition and we could have been 13 or 14th

I honestly don't think relegation would get him out. The club have given him all the power and seduced by whatever he used to offer.

We've had poor managers before but this level of expenditure and restraint we've put on ourselves is another altogether.

Post game bingo…

They are an honest group

They didn’t stop trying

the injuries are rotten luck

Losing two players is why we started so slow

They showed the right intensity after the first 30 mins

fulham have invested very well

Squad depth isn’t what we need it to be

• Like 1

A good chunk of us have suggested that the injury problems are down to the manager but there was always a reasonable excuse to make the case it wasn’t.

Not any more. The players that have had 6 weeks off with him and his methods are fast breaking down, there is no excuse or no explanation that can defend the manager any longer.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Post game bingo…

They are an honest group

They didn’t stop trying

Ew I can hear his voice 😅

5 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Post game bingo…

They are an honest group

They didn’t stop trying

We've not lost yet ffs. 

The main reason I like BR is because he's created a squad and team with grit, heart, bollocks and real energy. 

We play to our strengths and not some system the manager insists on because he likes it. 

We also have far less injuries than we used too. 

Not been here long either

• Haha 4

Guest nathan.
16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Rodger’s to Everton surely

Lampard to Leicester 

When we go down

Edited by nathan.

Still done with him, We had a half decent run before the world cup, don't let that shadow, or plaster over the memory that our standard of football has been absolutely dogwater for the best part of 2 years now. This isnt another blip, this is a long term trend of clueless, confident shattered football.
Start every game with no intensity, and if we do muster some sort of intensity, it's headless running around with no structure, we have no Plan B, we don't even have a Plan A. 
I thought maybe he had learned his lessons leading upto the world cup, but we are back to this again.
There comes a point where saying "we should have won" "we could have scored 3 or 4" or "on another day we win that" over and over on a weekly basis, where the excuses cannot be tolerated anymore, I don't actually care who comes in at this point, I don't trust the manager with the limited funds we have, we are likely to lose Tielemans who is the only player who had anything about him when we needed it, and we are still playing Amartey in defence when our benched CB is off to Atletico bloody Madrid. 

Has to go. 

• Like 3