Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

The thing that irritated me the most tonight is him not coming out to clap the fans. He does it when we win but after an absolute shocker of a performance he hides in the changing room. Takes all the praise and none of the stick. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Leicester City boss Brendan Rodgers: "It's a very small squad *drink* and to be fair the players have given everything *drink*.

"For the first 15-minute period we were on the back foot with players coming in at the last minute and that led to us conceding the first goal.

"After that I have to give me players great credit *drink*. Their keeper made some great saves *drink*, I'm really disappointed for my players because they gave everything *drink*.

"We created more opportunities tonight *drink*. Unfortunately Youri [Tielemans'] strike hit the bar.

"You just continue to work hard *drink*. The players will continue to fight *drink* and work hard *drink*. We have to look forward *drink* and keep our mentality *drink*.

"We'll see how we are in the next day or two and assess where we are with those injuries.

"Hopefully we can get some strength in January *drink*. There's not a lot of money *drink* but maybe there is some to do with what we want to do."

We call it Brendan Bingo

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'd be amazed if a loss against Gillingham and Forest isn't enough. 

We're almost guaranteed to lose the Forest game.

This is the kind of thing we were thinking at the start of the season, when we were on the statistically worst start to a Premier League season. It still wasn't enough to get the hook. It's the like the plan is to just leave him there as it would cost money to get rid of him - but nobody at the top of the club seems to have twigged that they are about to lose way, way more money than that when Rodgers takes us down.

Edited by orangecity23

33 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Will he ever take an ounce of responsibility?!

Hell will freeze over the day he does.

My favourite part in that interview - which was another masterclass in excuses and absolving himself of any blame - was, when finally pressed about the injury record, he said it was because we have a small squad and the players have had to play a lot of games.

Last time I checked, he’d maxed out his 25-man squad…

And it’s his choice on who to play and how often. He chose to sign Bertrand and Vestergaard. He decided to ostracise Soyuncu. He has decided not to give Albrighton (who always shows he’s capable of playing a role) any minutes since Stockport. And he’s decided to sideline and then call back the likes of Mendy and Perez in the last couple of years.

So, to me, that ‘small squad’ is a Brendan created problem! I would have loved BBC Radio Leicester to challenge him a bit on that. Kudos for finally asking a question about the injury record but my word he gets away with simply deflecting a hell of a lot.

• Like 4

Keep thinking how similar this situation is to the one at Manchester United with Solskjaer. Everyone on planet earth with half a brain knew it was over months even a year before he finally went. The slow plod to a decision they know that they will make at some point. We’re sleepwalking into a decision that MUST be made now. 

Empty, soulless, plodding, sad. Could go on. Sucked every ounce of enjoyment out of it. 

Unless the board back Rodgers, it's time to sack him - there has to be a coach out there who can coach this lot into a coherent football team. It's criminal what's happened to the club over the last 12 months.

• Like 2

Every time I have a bit of a lazy work day and feel guilty for not being productive, I remember that Brendan Rodgers;

- Does nothing to address obvious issues (i.e. do his job)

- Demonstrates no accountability or acknowledgement for his lack of action 

- And earns multiple millions of pounds for the pleasure

So he makes me feel better in that respect. That's where the positives end.

• Like 4

That bench tonight though - what was Lewis Brunt doing on it? I like Brunt, but he plays at CB or DM. There were already 2 other centre backs and two other defensive midfielders on the bench. How many injuries in defence and central midfield was Rodgers planning for? Did he think he's need them all to defend the lead we never had? Why on earth hasn't he tried to find an attacking player from the Dev squad to fill out the bench, there were sod all options on there to get back into the game once we went behind. He used to like Maswanhise, but now it's like he's forgotten he exists.

Edited by orangecity23
  • Like 1

Small squad?

Ahem, I thought the whole reason behind the aborted summer rebuild was because we had too many bodies that couldn't fit in the squad? We needed to offload some before we got any in?

Further to this why are we offering new contracts to Evans and Amartey if that's the case.

Journos - call him out on this bullshit, counter his points, read quotes back to him and push him.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, adam said:

He also should explain to us why the side is so unfit. 100 million quid training ground and players blowing out their back sides after half hour. 

Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be 'no excuses' from his Leicester City players - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be 'no excuses' from his Leicester City players

City are planning to move into their new £100m base at Seagrave in the very near future and the manager has told his squad it should give them the perfect environment in which to improve

• Haha 3

We’ve gone back to square one, but we’ve been here before.

Last season we produced a spell of 4 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss during March-April. We then lost to Newcastle, which led to another shit mini run.

This season we saw 4 league wins in 5 before the World Cup, return from the World Cup now we’ve lost three in a row.

We’ve just become a stale inconsistent team, Rodgers has been a big part of turning us that way, but the players and boardroom are to blame too. We have too many players that are coming to the end of their contracts, too many players who have regressed and too many players who are simply not good enough. From the boardroom standpoint, it seems we have little money and negotiations on player contracts has been appalling over the past year.

What we are seeing right now reeks of Everton’s decline.

A lot may have to change, rather than just the manager.

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be 'no excuses' from his Leicester City players - Leicestershire Live (leicestermercury.co.uk)

Why Brendan Rodgers insists there will be 'no excuses' from his Leicester City players

City are planning to move into their new £100m base at Seagrave in the very near future and the manager has told his squad it should give them the perfect environment in which to improve at darts.

Fixed

• Haha 1

Long shot, but what do you reckon: you can get Brendo’s signature off eBay for forty quid. Just add “I resign” above it and get someone to slip it under Top’s door.

Genuinely think this will work because everyone running the club is too incompetent to suss the ruse. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What does it for me is how silent the hierarchy have been throughout. Absolute silence. Not even a dreaded vote of confidence statement after probably the worst start to a top flight campaign ever given our previous finishes. Constantly left in the dark with no explanation, wondering what the **** is going on. It’s a gob of spit to our faces. I’m sorry but Vichai wouldn’t have stood for this bollocks and it’s about time Top grew some, because the fan base will turn on him if he’s not careful.

• Like 3

Subs, or lack of, were a protest tonight. Poor selections all round, seems to have forgotten that Kel literally carried us the last time Maddison was out and adds some sort of threat and a passing option between the lines.

He won’t go until the end of the season unless we get in real glaringly obvious danger of dropping.

• Like 1