Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest David Oldfields Gate

Remember:

He is an elite manager.

We are over-achieving.

It's all the fans fault.

2 minutes ago, David Oldfields Gate said:

Remember:

He is an elite manager.

We are over-achieving.

It's all the fans fault.

Thanks. My dislike for him was waning until these reminders. 

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I know mate, it’s horrendous luck isn’t it to have an awful injury record that has just happened to strike during Rodgers’ time at the club and has been ongoing for 3 years running now?

I mean I just can’t figure out why this bad luck has besieged us specifically during Rodgers’ tenure. Maybe he ran over a black cat or maybe it’s a Gypsy curse or maybe he opened an umbrella indoors.

That poor unlucky man. He must be so down on his luck. Can’t catch a break,

can he?! A moment of silence please for the unluckiest man in football.

Or it could just be that… :whistle:

Google "Brendan Rodgers injury crisis Leicester" then "liverpool" "celtic" "swansea"
The guy can't keep a squad fit to save his life. Every club he's been to has had an injury crisis. 

• Like 4

The most sad aspect of this saga is not that we are playing like championship fodder and if we aren't careful could end up there, that's football, we don't want that but it can happen, the sad part is, Top could genuinely destroy his reputation if he carries on. He either has balls of steel and is prepared to hold his nerve against the fans, or he's completely devoid of any steel at all. 

Guest David Oldfields Gate
1 minute ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

As a fan base we’ve become so apathetic.

Yep. We have become Tigers on Soar. All the working class lads priced out the game, or fed up with the sanitisation. Either way the culture has shifted quite dramatically from what I grew up with. I remember it being so rare for someone to leave early, now it's like an inconvenience to stay until the end. 

54 minutes ago, Silverfox14 said:

Decisions on new players for rebuild need to be taken by new manager

By a new director of football working in concert with our new(ish) head of recruitment, preferably. We can't afford to let Rodgers or indeed any manager dictate the construction of the squad. I can only hope the fact that his head of recruitment and club doctor have been replaced is a sign that the board now understand that it's a bad idea to give managers that degree of power.

17 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

It’s also on us fans a little that he’s still here.

I was joining in with the Rodgers Out chants at any opportunity earlier this season but it never felt like a real swell was willing to even though if you asked them one-to-one most would have been in the ‘out’ camp.

The polls on here certainly showed that there should have been a decent enough number to be heard but inside the ground, besides the Union FS banner, there was never really anything that spoke volumes.

This is a huge concern. 

Forest fans are right behind their manager. Leeds, West Ham and Everton fans are much more likely to turn the place toxic to ensure that changes are made.

We are neither here nor there. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2023 at 19:39, Fox92 said:

We can do much better than Frank, Villa got Emerey ffs. 

For "Frank" you can substitute "Howe", "Potter and "Dyche" - all not good enough for us!

Villa are a much bigger club than us in every respect and we simply cannot attract the likes of Emery any more than we could sign players such as Casemiro even if we could afford them!

Right now we need a manager who can work with limited resources and an apparenly demotivated squad to keep us up, not another "elite" wannabe who is moderately successful with mega stars we will never have!

I'd welcome Dyche in a heartbeat right now cos with Rodgers we are diminishing in every respect.

Like others I'm getting so that l dont want to go or even watch his mess anymore its just too depressing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, J. James said:

For "Frank" you can substitute "Howe", "Potter and "Dyche" - all not good enough for us!

Villa are a much bigger club than us in every respect and we simply cannot attract the likes of Emery any more than we could sign players such as Casemiro even if we could afford them!

Right now we need a manager who can work with limited resources and an apparenly demotivated squad to keep us up, not another "elite" wannabe who is moderately successful with mega stars we will never have!

I'd welcome Dyche in a heartbeat right now cos with Rodgers we are diminishing in every respect.

Like others I'm getting so that l dont want to go or even watch his mess anymore its just too depressing.

We attracted Brendan whose stock was as high as Emery’s when he arrived here. Emery has won several europa leagues but that’s about it. I’m not sure he’s as great as everyone seems to make out. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

I was joining in with the Rodgers Out chants at any opportunity earlier this season but it never felt like a real swell was willing to even though if you asked them one-to-one most would have been in the ‘out’ camp.

The polls on here certainly showed that there should have been a decent enough number to be heard but inside the ground, besides the Union FS banner, there was never really anything that spoke volumes.

Yep

Blood on our own hands. 

• Like 1

Before the World Cup we had found a way of playing that gave us defensive stability and a good team structure that was producing decent performances and winning football matches, proof that this squad still had the talent to compete for top 10, however the World Cup allowed Rodgers to use the training camp to reset and go back to his preferred style, team structure and tactics ………we have now lost 3, look back to a disorganised rabble and conceding on average 2 goals per game, he has undone all that during the break, so please can everyone now accept the turgid, shite, slow, possession based dross and the poor defensive set up and structure is on him and his obsession to control the game and enhance brand Brendan. 

As for injuries don’t get me started, 3rd season in a row we have been struggling with keeping players fit and this has been after a 4 week break where many have been off on holiday for a part of it resting, it’s either piss poor preparation or he is flogging them with excessive workload in training but either way him and his back room team are accountable and it’s having a detrimental impact to performances and results. 

Get him gone before the weekend and let’s use the reminder of the season to reintegrate players who have been too often left on sidelines, give whole squad a boost and a lift, survive this season and then look to refresh in summer.

As the pre World Cup form showed, this squad is still capable, if well organised and play to strengths we will comfortably finish mid-table, if this fraud is allowed to continue we will do well to avoid relegation and if it doesn’t happen this season, it certainly will do next. 

41 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

You’re blinded by hatred. 

I wanted BR out as much as anyone. Then he went on a good run and I could see progress. I’m not about to just change my mind because of 3 poor results with two of those games being decent performances. 

You can’t honestly believe that this injury crisis is down to BR, surely? I just can’t get on board with that notion. I would accept that perhaps he’s responsible for assembling a squad of players that are more injury prone than some previous managers. But again, that’s just bad luck. 

How many accounts has Aus fox got?

Edited by elvisfmcfly
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

The man can’t be sacked it’s near on impossible 😂 even if we lose to gillingham and forest he still won’t. And it’s not all his fault there club ain’t backing him. Maybe they want him to walk ? 

The club have backed him to the hilt -

1) appointed his best pal as head of recruitment

2) overhauled medical team at his request 3) gave him and his coaching team new long term contracts

4) moved into a state of the art training  facility

5) relaid the playing surface at King Power Stadium.

6) gave our top players contract extensions and competitive wages

7) changed our business model of selling a top player each summer 

this is the only summer he has not been given what he wants/believes he needs to remain competitive, and that is because we could not shift much of the dross that has been recruited under his watch, whilst he is not solely responsible, he most certainly is heavily involved and therefore must carry a large proportion of the accountability. He has been backed, supported and rewarded more than any other manager in our history, he needs to either walk away as a matter of principle, or take a very big deep intake of breath, stop being mardy and back himself to show he is worth every penny of his elite salary, turn this mess around and earn the opportunity to rebuild again. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The club have backed him to the hilt -

1) appointed his best pal as head of recruitment

2) overhauled medical team at his request 3) gave him and his coaching team new long term contracts

4) moved into a state of the art training  facility

5) relaid the playing surface at King Power Stadium.

6) gave our top players contract extensions and competitive wages

7) changed our business model of selling a top player each summer 

this is the only summer he has not been given what he wants/believes he needs to remain competitive, and that is because we could not shift much of the dross that has been recruited under his watch, whilst he is not solely responsible, he most certainly is heavily involved and therefore must carry a large proportion of the accountability. He has been backed, supported and rewarded more than any other manager in our history, he needs to either walk away as a matter of principle, or take a very big deep intake of breath, stop being mardy and back himself to show he is worth every penny of his elite salary, turn this mess around and earn the opportunity to rebuild again. 

Wow I agree with everything you have just said mate! Just the one bit tho you do have to invest every summer tho to keep going because all the other clubs do and you can soon fall behind like we have done. I’m sure we will get a few in this window tho.

6 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

When it started very isolated tonight, heard someone say ‘he will go again’. He’s hoodwinked most of the support with the utter nonsense which comes out of his mouth. I heard another defend him tonight because we’ve had a long injury list without ever making the connection that he’s part of that