Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

Don’t believe brand Brendan he speaks shite most of the time trying to save his face and his brand..

My point being this is another instance when he says one thing to the media, and then the story changes when it needs to. Someone has got to hold him accountable to this when talking to the press.

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

My point being this is another instance when he says one thing to the media, and then the story changes when it needs to. Someone has got to hold him accountable to this when talking to the press.

No more corporate style willy pullers after this one please

Give me a manager with a decent jawline and shiny white trainers

Edited by foxfanazer

Just now, LcFc_Smiv said:

Yes very true, but the club have given him the reigns to speak how he wants without filtering, remember his criticism of the board last year etc.

• Like 1

11 losses in 18 games joint worst in the league.

we are looking in big trouble again..

see the bookies are taking bets on Rodgers to Everton

Would Save Top from having to act if it happens quickly

Because i just cant see any point in keeping Rodgers after this season, even if we don't get relegated.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

This is harsh imo. I feel like Youri has looked like one of the most committed to the cause for some time. Whatever the motives he'd be getting pelters if he'd downed tools

Possibly.... he has a remarkable habit of turning into the player he could be when the transfer window opens though, like clockwork!

3 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

We attracted Brendan whose stock was as high as Emery’s when he arrived here. Emery has won several europa leagues but that’s about it. I’m not sure he’s as great as everyone seems to make out. 

All very true, but whilst Rodgers stock was high so was the club's.

Since then the club and BR have been locked together on a seeming death spiral - No top 6 EPL team would touch him now imo and no proven manager would come here given that we apparently dont have two epneys to rub together to improve a poor, overpaid squad.

When Rodgers arrived we were a golden chalice now we're a poisoned one.

Totally agree about Emery btw.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, DanDare said:

Ain't that a worry

Look I want him also gone...( Since 3rd game)

Every major moment & twist ,in game or period of games, he has failed.

Not playing Nacho,nor Soyuncu,when others are failing,is beyond the pale..

Though Soyu did have long period of injuries..This doesn't mean they are our saviours,just something different.

Not daring to use early subs, as become a tiresome Argument...Rodgers just seems to ignore the obvious...

It's not so much the results ,He hasn't got this squad performing..basta.!

Why we can't score from our chances,as also become frustrating...We have had enough of them to turn games...Rodgers luck,mojo, gheist for LCFC is not working...He ain't the man..

But I won't demonise him or his character, there has been other factors that run parallel..

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, J. James said:

All very true, but whilst Rodgers stock was high so was the club's.

Since then the club and BR have been locked together on a seeming death spiral - No top 6 EPL team would touch him now imo and no proven manager would come here given that we apparently dont have two epneys to rub together to improve a poor, overpaid squad.

When Rodgers arrived we were a golden chalice now we're a poisoned one.

Totally agree about Emery btw.

Appears that players and the Manager are marking time until the next move. Wage bill if correct is scandalous for a club our size and any other business would be bankrupt given our turnover.

41 minutes ago, Mapperleyfox said:

Just sit down, keep your mouths shut and wave your honesty flags when we tell you to and everything will be alright....

...while the club sleepwalks into the Championship.

Sounds a bit like the Tory manifesto

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The guy just looks so uninspiring on the touchline, stands with his hands in his pockets majority of the game, does the odd clap now and again and writes some dribble down, never instructing or coaching anything towards the players unless they come to him during a break in play. Has absolutely no passion towards anything in game.
Needs the bullet and sharpish!! He himself hasn’t got the balls to get us out of trouble when push comes to shove!!

• Like 1

I would love to know what he says to some of these players behind closed doors and what he does with them in training

So many players we know can be absolutely quality look completely out of form and bereft of any confidence at all

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would love to know what he says to some of these players behind closed doors and what he does with them in training

So many players we know can be absolutely quality look completely out of form and bereft of any confidence at all

I'd imagine it's probably similar to when we were fourth, he probably doesn't believe it now though, an the players can sense that. This is why he has to keep changing his narrative in the media.

I want Rodgers gone, but most of us know we can't lay all the blame on him.  I feel the club got drunk on 'hubris' after a couple of successful years pushing the top 4, those at the top lost their direction and started to maybe believe that with one last push, the club could break into the top 4.  The new training ground was meant to catapult the club into a new era, but all we have seen is injury after injury.  Players don't seem to be improving and the media spiel the club were putting out about how the new complex would attract, and keep players has turned out to be utter bulls**t.

The premier league is littered sorry tales of clubs like ours trying to fly too close to the sun, maybe Top is Icarus, or could it be Rodgers?  But the only logical solution to this is to give Rodgers his P45, but when has logic ever been implemented in football!  My concern is that when, or if Rodgers goes, we'll end up like Sunderland or Villa. The club might stop the rot in the short term, but the damage has already infected the club.  I feel it is going to be squeaky bum time for the next few years.

Edited by Le Renard
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Look I want him also gone...( Since 3rd game)

Every major moment & twist ,in game or period of games, he has failed.

Not playing Nacho,nor Soyuncu,when others are failing,is beyond the pale..

Though Soyu did have long period of injuries..This doesn't mean they are our saviours,just something different.

Not daring to use early subs, as become a tiresome Argument...Rodgers just seems to ignore the obvious...

It's not so much the results ,He hasn't got this squad performing..basta.!

Why we can't score from our chances,as also become frustrating...We have had enough of them to turn games...Rodgers luck,mojo, gheist for LCFC is not working...He ain't the man..

But I won't demonise him or his character, there has been other factors that run parallel..

low intensity posession football doesnt get players on their toes - so thery are second for everything and as thery wait for the pass to arrive it is intercepted (barnes).  The players wont risk a through ball.  The times we do we get chances - but anxiety means that barnes now looks for a pass, ayoze snatches - even vardy is too cauti0ons when thru,  Rodgers is out of ideas - he is not motivator or leader - just blaming everyone else ,.  Time was up last season for me.

The fact Rodgers is still in the role shows there's failure above him and I don't back those people to suddenly develop a footballing nouse. So they're going to have to luck out on another Pearson or Puel type of manager that actually has an interest in improving the club rather than using it to stroke their ego.

Madness to invest so much money in facilities and then let amateurs run it.

Another factor in the “small squad” problem is the lack of development players knocking on the first team door. Nearly all the loanees are flopping - the development team seems every bit as bad as the first team - didn’t Vestergaard  feature in a 7-1 defeat to Fulham recently ? And most of the players who look superior quality are in positions we’re  okay in. Meanwhile two ex Academy players are playing at a high level in Europe.

I’m not saying it’s all Brendan’s fault but he inherited widely admired medical, recruitment and youth set ups - all of which have deteriorated rapidly during his time here. 

• Like 1

From what I have seen he is jovial around the players and makes jokes he is seemingly a happy camper. 

There are players who are frozen out because they do not train as expected therfore they don't play. They want to move on, which is sad because they are better than those in the first team. 

Not too much has changed apart from the results. We have been found out! There has been no reaction, no changes so we will continue to be found out. 

If we analyse most of the games where we have got good results this and last season, it's not because we are the better team, but because in moments where a talented individual has an opportunity, they score a worldie and save his job. 

The football & tactics are so ineffective it should be a crime against football, Given the quality of the squad which has been built over the last decade. 

We have never had a better set of talent within the 1st team players at our club, it is beyond frustrating to see the decline especially considering the teams we are losing to, and their progress they have made over the past 3 seasons. 

We showed that success is built on strong recruitment, and having a strong footballing identity. 

We now have had some poor past transfer windows and are the most generic team without character in English football. It upsets me greatly that I just cannot bring myself to watch it until BR is removed from his position. 

It feels like we need to be relegated just to start all over again. It's truly awful. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 2

OK so it feels like we are in the endgame for Brendan. So when, not if, he goes. As we have a small buffer above relegation, I guess the calculation is that every week they delay sacking, the lower the cost. I haven't done a graph, but once the buffer goes, the duffer goes.

35 minutes ago, Clarkielcfc said:

The guy just looks so uninspiring on the touchline, stands with his hands in his pockets majority of the game, does the odd clap now and again and writes some dribble down, never instructing or coaching anything towards the players unless they come to him during a break in play. Has absolutely no passion towards anything in game.
Needs the bullet and sharpish!! He himself hasn’t got the balls to get us out of trouble when push comes to shove!!

Ndidi hit a 10 yard pass over Barnes head and out for a throw-in in the first half and he sorts there clapping :blink:

My head went at that and some of my language was a bit distasteful, apologies to those around me, but the bloke is comical.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Ndidi hit a 10 yard pass over Barnes head and out for a throw-in in the first half and he sorts there clapping :blink:

My head went at that and some of my language was a bit distasteful, apologies to those around me, but the bloke is comical.

Think he was clapping the fact that Wilf did not kick it to a Fulham player for once  lol

• Haha 2