Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

I have reviewed my expectations..  

2/4 wins, and one of those wins MUST be Forest.

Can't go losing against Forest AGAIN, now, can we?

BuT wE bEaT tHeM fOuR NiL lAsT tImE!!!!!

StOp YoUr eNtItLeMeNt ImMeDiAtElY!

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Is he still here?

Attention being taken away from him again by Lampard who is remarkably doing an even worse job.

I think we now know Top will stick with Rodgers to the bitter end.

• Sad 1

Just now, Ian S said:

Attention being taken away from him again by Lampard who is remarkably doing an even worse job.

Couldn’t believe our game pretty much was nonexistent listening to talksport this morning, all the heat on Lampard and Moyes tonight. Just shows the media protection and high regard of Rodgers, he can do no wrong in their eyes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Couldn’t believe our game pretty much was nonexistent listening to talksport this morning, all the heat on Lampard and Moyes tonight. Just shows the media protection and high regard of Rodgers, he can do no wrong in their eyes.

Exactly what I was thinking. Everton have been at this level for years. We've been pushing the top 4.

Our decline is so, so much worse than theirs and it's actually been orchestrated by our own manager. Lampard has kept Everton at the same (albeit poor) level.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Similar in the evening, too, on the drive home. Lots of callers from Newcastle and Everton. In the 1hr 15m journey back, I think there was one call about our game and it was from a pissed up Fulham fan singing the CL theme tune lollol.

But, as much as we find ourselves in despair right now, Everton are by far in a worse position both financially and with their status dropping. I don't think it's a sign of Rodgers doing no wrong.

I know you'll probably say 'well we're in the shit now and Rodgers is being protected etc' but if we're really being honest, we're not as bad as Everton are. They've had eight managers in 9 years. That in itself shows a club with very little stability. Like Watford but on a grander scale because of the money spent. Serious amounts of money with no return. And they show no signs of getting better with Lampard there. 

I'm not dismissing our problems here, by the way. We're bad, but not Everton/Lampard bad.

10 minutes ago, Matt said:

Everton and Lampard are bigger names so are going to be spoke about more 

9 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Everton and Lampard are bigger names so are going to be spoke about more 

They still think of Everton being a big club which they are, but in recent times you have to say we are the bigger of the two. Its just the media and press just don't like reckonise us as one of the big wigs despite us winning the Premier league, fa cup and even community shield along playing champions league and europa league for the last six years. That counts for nothing.

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Similar in the evening, too, on the drive home. Lots of callers from Newcastle and Everton. In the 1hr 15m journey back, I think there was one call about our game and it was from a pissed up Fulham fan singing the CL theme tune lollol.

But, as much as we find ourselves in despair right now, Everton are by far in a worse position both financially and with their status dropping. I don't think it's a sign of Rodgers doing no wrong.

I know you'll probably say 'well we're in the shit now and Rodgers is being protected etc' but if we're really being honest, we're not as bad as Everton are. They've had eight managers in 9 years. That in itself shows a club with very little stability. Like Watford but on a grander scale because of the money spent. Serious amounts of money with no return. And they show no signs of getting better with Lampard there. 

I'm not dismissing our problems here, by the way. We're bad, but not Everton/Lampard bad.

No, I’m not going to say that, what I am going to say is maybe we should do something about it to atleast try and stop the slide, attempt to nip it in the bud (we’re way past that by about 1.5 to 2 years by the way) before we encounter the ultimate issues Everton are having.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

No, I’m not going to say that, what I am going to say is maybe we should do something about it to atleast try and stop the slide, attempt to nip it in the bud (we’re way past that by about 1.5 to 2 years by the way) before we encounter the ultimate issues Everton are having.

Okay but that doesn't relate to your point about Talksport deciding to talk about Everton instead of us.

What Talksport decide to air, and what we can do at Leicester are 2 totally different things.

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Who? 

Tielemans, Praet, Soynucu, Perez, and Mendy are all significant first team members who we know will be off shortly. Vestegaard, I'd imagine, is none too keen on being here (though we've priced out the competition). It would not surprise me if Maddison were to be looking to move away though, mercifully, there doesn't seem to be any chatter about that. 

32 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Sky Sports who have hounded Lampard all morning have just completely given Rodgers a free pass because we create chances, have numerous injuries and Rodgers is a top manager so we will be fine….

lol

Yes but it better news (and apologies if this has been posted already I haven't had time to go back through the thread) Rodgers is one of the faves to replace Lampard I saw in the paper this morning. 

Rogers would be ideal for Everton.  Absolutely ideal 🤞🤞

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Rodgers is one of the faves to replace Lampard I saw in the paper this morning. 

I know they say 'be careful what you wish for' but I think I'd take that. The team would get the refresh Rodgers says it needs!

Worry about a replacement if/when the time comes to find one. It's certainly not my place (nor even my expertise) to name one now. I'm pretty sure our 'recruitment team' look at potential new managers also, there'll be a list of interest/possibles somewhere.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Yes but it better news (and apologies if this has been posted already I haven't had time to go back through the thread) Rodgers is one of the faves to replace Lampard I saw in the paper this morning. 

Rogers would be ideal for Everton.  Absolutely ideal 🤞🤞

Which paper?

5 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

How many accounts has Aus fox got?

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn’t mean they’re wrong.

I’ve been contributing to this forum for 12 years and I’m always very balanced in my opinions. 

Don‘t try and be smart just because you disagree. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian S said:

Not even convinced that Lampard is doing a worse job? Their squad is atrocious. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Just because someone has a different opinion to you doesn’t mean they’re wrong.

I’ve been contributing to this forum for 12 years and I’m always very balanced in my opinions. 

Don‘t try and be smart just because you disagree. 

If you wouldn’t mind just settling down. 

The club is in desperate need of a refresh, a new era.

Last night was my first match since the World Cup and I just felt so flat. It looks like everyone has given up.

Nothing will change whilst Rodgers is still here, he is too stubborn and single-minded for that. I think we'll stay up, but we aren't going to meet our expectations until we snap ourselves out of this rut that we are currently in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Sky Sports who have hounded Lampard all morning have just completely given Rodgers a free pass because we create chances, have numerous injuries and Rodgers is a top manager so we will be fine….

lol

And we could and should have won last night. 

Each to his own I guess but I doubt even Klopp or Guardiola would do better with this squad and these injuries.