Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Back to blaming the manager i see.

5 minutes ago, Ricey said:

The club is in desperate need of a refresh, a new era.

Last night was my first match since the World Cup and I just felt so flat. It looks like everyone has given up.

Nothing will change whilst Rodgers is still here, he is too stubborn and single-minded for that. I think we'll stay up, but we aren't going to meet our expectations until we snap ourselves out of this rut that we are currently in.

The quicker people realise our golden era has sailed & sank the better itl be for this stinky turd of a fanbase that is FT. #backtoreality

Edited by Simoken

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

And we could and should have won last night. 

Each to his own I guess but I doubt even Klopp or Guardiola would do better with this squad and these injuries.

Shoulds coulds woulds. 

We lost, again! 

Sign of a bad side is one that plays well and still loses.  

60% Posession doesn't mean anything when you don't move the ball and create problems for the opposition. 

If you can't defend, then you will lose more than you win..  

If anyone in here cannot see the LCFC are currently all of the above, then be suprised when we are in a relegation fight, and this team under BR has no fight. 

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Shoulds coulds woulds. 

We lost, again! 

Sign of a bad side is one that plays well and still loses.  

60% Posession doesn't mean anything when you don't move the ball and create problems for the opposition. 

If you can't defend, then you will lose more than you win..  

If anyone in here cannot see the LCFC are currently all of the above, then be suprised when we are in a relegation fight, and this team under BR has no fight. 

I think this is the most concerning bit right now. We just don't look up for what is likely to be a real struggle to stay up. Not enough leaders in the dressing room and definitely not on the pitch.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

I feel exactly the same mate. I don't support the current regime so the losses don't even hurt. What does hurt is not getting excited about watching my club play. I'm hoping once he finally does go that the feeling of disconnect isn't still there 

Losses don't hurt me either. That's what hurts far more.

Never wanted a manager gone more. I'd have Puel back over this twat.

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

Each to his own I guess but I doubt even Klopp or Guardiola would do better with this squad and these injuries.

But we didn’t. We lost. 

we were shit for 45 minutes last night, and Fulham should have scored two more, one where Mitro was gifted the ball by Faes and that 1 on 1 late in the game. 

2 hours ago, Ricey said:

Last night was my first match since the World Cup and I just felt so flat. It looks like everyone has given up.

Last night was a marked improvement. You should have seen us against Newcastle ;) 

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

They would because they're better managers.

Klopp took over a poor Liverpool squad and took them to two cup finals in the same season he took over from Rodgers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

You’re not wrong because he’d play in exactly the same way as Rodgers and that isn’t getting the best out of these players, it’s not using them to their potential or playing to their strengths and there lies the problem.

As for Klopp, he’d get a tune out of us playing how he’s had Liverpool playing for the last few years, but even he’s changed to a slow, turgid, possession and need to control games this season - they’re struggling. Coincidence? Not in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, Matt said:

You’re not wrong because he’d play in exactly the same way as Rodgers and that isn’t getting the best out of these players, it’s not using them to their potential or playing to their strengths and there lies the problem.

As for Klopp, he’d get a tune out of us playing how he’s had Liverpool playing for the last few years, but even he’s changed to a slow, turgid, possession and need to control games this season - they’re struggling. Coincidence? Not in my opinion.

Liverpool have played the second most long balls in the premier League this season so I'm not sure this holds weight.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

Attention being taken away from him again by Lampard who is remarkably doing an even worse job.

I think we now know Top will stick with Rodgers to the bitter end.

Another example of his luck. It's some serious voodoo shit. Even when he serves that up Everton somehow steal the attention by managing to be even more embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Another example of his luck. It's some serious voodoo shit. Even when he serves that up Everton somehow steal the attention by managing to be even more embarrassing.

Klopp , Potter -already!  and Lampard all under the cosh . They have loads of money. You see football managers , including Rodgers , are all overrated. I didn't say that , Guardiola did.

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Klopp , Potter -already!  and Lampard all under the cosh . They have loads of money. You see football managers , including Rodgers , are all overrated. I didn't say that , Guardiola did.

If Pep didn't have an open chequebook he'd struggle imo

42 minutes ago, taupe said:

Last night was a marked improvement. You should have seen us against Newcastle ;) 

Fulham allow more chances against them than anyone else in the league. There's nothing impressive about creating chances, and not scoring against that. We just didn't have our usual remarkably good finishing boots on to bail us out.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ian S said:

Attention being taken away from him again by Lampard who is remarkably doing an even worse job.

I think we now know Top will stick with Rodgers to the bitter end.

Agree 100% but the sad thing is that Top can’t see that it really will be the end the end of everything his dad built at this club.

Guardiola would do better absolutely no doubt. You would at least see discernable patterns of play. We've had two managers in a row who favour keep-ball but don't really know how to utilise it. I don't mind possession football if it's done properly, if it isn't then it's no better than watching a Pulis side.

• Like 1

Pep would do better with our team than Rodgers in my opinion because he actually has a consistent track record of improving his players. Yes he spends a metric tonne of cash but there's a reason Man City gave him that money. Realistically Man City would baulk at even hiring Rodgers, let alone supporting him with a warchest like they have with Pep.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is correct. He's one of the luckiest managers I've ever known in my life. The number of games we show the usual ponderous, clueless, look like they've never met before football but all is well because Maddison or Tielemans score from 25 yards out or an opposition defender heads thin air and allows Vardy or Daka in one on one is bonkers. Just when he needs it the most as well. If Rodgers is a good coach like so many say then he gave up years ago, because I see absolutely nothing on the pitch that represents good coaching, in nearly any department.

Forest we needed a deflected 20 yarder to open the scoring. Wolves and Everton Tielemans thunderbolts. Even Leeds an own goal. They count but it makes me laugh seeing people saying we got unlucky yesterday yet will never acknowledge this. He adds absolutely nothing to us. He's terrible.

Aside from you could say this about every match, almost ever.

Take the own goal against Leeds, for instance, it would have been tapped in by Barnes. The play leading up to the goal (both goals in that game) were superb. We battered Wolves and the thunderbolt was one of many different goals we scored that day.

Using those excuses you can flip it any way you want.. Man City needed a quality free kick to beat us. Liverpool needed two own goals to beat us. Yet again, a mistake yesterday cost us and that's how Fulham scored. Brentford's second goal was a good shot from distance, other than that we'd have won. I could go on. It's so easy to use that for every match.

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from you could say this about every match, almost ever.

Take the own goal against Leeds, for instance, it would have been tapped in by Barnes. The play leading up to the goal (both goals in that game) were superb. We battered Wolves and the thunderbolt was one of many different goals we scored that day.

Using those excuses you can flip it any way you want.. Man City needed a quality free kick to beat us. Liverpool needed two own goals to beat us. Yet again, a mistake yesterday cost us and that's how Fulham scored. Brentford's second goal was a good shot from distance, other than that we'd have won. I could go on. It's so easy to use that for every match.

We can look at situations where teams get lucky and unlucky individually but on balance they average out over a season more or less. We currently have a return of 17 points from 18 games which as a generally accurate representation of our season so far is very poor. I think we have to consider for next season when we lose Tielemans and potentially Maddison and therefore almost all of our threat from long range, where are the chances going to come from as that's where we score a large portion of our goals and Rodgers doesnt seem to have a system to regularly create chances inside the box.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

Guardiola would do better absolutely no doubt. You would at least see discernable patterns of play. We've had two managers in a row who favour keep-ball but don't really know how to utilise it. I don't mind possession football if it's done properly, if it isn't then it's no better than watching a Pulis side.

He'd get some much needed shithousery into the team, too.

Seriously, Micky Adams' team offered more going forward than this.

• Like 1