Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I still just don't get the impression that sacking him is even in the board's thoughts.

You genuinely wonder what it would take - humiliation v Gillingham and a humbling at Forest?

4 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I still just don't get the impression that sacking him is even in the board's thoughts.

You genuinely wonder what it would take - humiliation v Gillingham and a humbling at Forest?

He’d still be here then.  I think it’s a game of ‘brinkmanship’ ie does he walk or get sacked with a big pay off!

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Aside from you could say this about every match, almost ever.

Take the own goal against Leeds, for instance, it would have been tapped in by Barnes. The play leading up to the goal (both goals in that game) were superb. We battered Wolves and the thunderbolt was one of many different goals we scored that day.

Using those excuses you can flip it any way you want.. Man City needed a quality free kick to beat us. Liverpool needed two own goals to beat us. Yet again, a mistake yesterday cost us and that's how Fulham scored. Brentford's second goal was a good shot from distance, other than that we'd have won. I could go on. It's so easy to use that for every match.

It's not true though. I'll give you the one on Leeds but not the others. I've repeatedly said I was fine with the Man CIty performance - it took something exceptional to beat us. Unlike yesterday.

Liverpool deserved to beat us. They should've scored more than two. It was quite remarkable they didn't score any themselves.

We simply do not create good chances on a consistent basis. We have been saved from even poorer form by having some of the best finishers in the league. We have created less than every side in the league bar Bournemouth and Crystal Palace.

I'm not overly convinced because we score goals we'll be alright. You only need to see how much we are badly struggling without Maddison. I also get irked when he claims we played well because we created a clutch of chances, that doesn't mean you necessarily play well and horrendous misses don't count for the measure of the performance.

I could take very little positives away from last night.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'm not overly convinced because we score goals we'll be alright. You only need to see how much we are badly struggling without Maddison. I also get irked when he claims we played well because we created a clutch of chances, that doesn't mean you necessarily play well and horrendous misses don't count for the measure of the performance.

We were better than against Newcastle…..just about

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

If Sean Dyche or Sam Allardyce put up the attacking numbers we did with this squad they'd get absolutely hammered. It's only because of this myth that Rodgers is attacking and his popularity in the media that nothing is said.

It depends on how you look at it . We have scored 26 goals so far , Wolves have 10. We have scored more goals than any team in the bottom half , six more than Chelsea and only one less than Man.Utd. All this with Vardy barely making a contribution. Our problems really lay elsewhere.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For some context Fulham allow more chances against them than *any* other team in the league, so creating against them is sort of a given.

7 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It depends on how you look at it . We have scored 26 goals so far , Wolves have 10. We have scored more goals than any team in the bottom half , six more than Chelsea and only one less than Man.Utd. All this with Vardy barely making a contribution. Our problems really lay elsewhere.

Our problems lay elsewhere as long as Maddison is available and him and Barnes are firing and Tielemans is scoring thunderbastards, I think is what you were trying to say. Otherwise we're very very ordinary, just look at the diabolical finishing in the last 3 games.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Given what he survived earlier this season, it wont even be under consideration if we lost both of those games.

The owners obviously believe we won't get relegated, so they probably abt to wait til summer 2023 to fire him. Atm as bad as we are we are 14th and coasting. Top will take finishing 16th now and reevaluate in the summer. Problem is Rodgers should have been fired last summer. He's a drain on our finances. 

So unless we take a complete nose dive again and find ourselves in the bottom 3 in February, Rodgers is here to stay for the season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I also do believe only Arsenal & now Brighton because of last night, have scored more than us Away

19 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The most sad aspect of this saga is not that we are playing like championship fodder and if we aren't careful could end up there, that's football, we don't want that but it can happen, the sad part is, Top could genuinely destroy his reputation if he carries on. He either has balls of steel and is prepared to hold his nerve against the fans, or he's completely devoid of any steel at all. 

...the paying supporters are not a true reflection of Foxestalk!!!

Until the people taking attendance start to be as vociferous as FT, there is no urgency from above to move him on. It is very much an echo chamber on here.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Our problems lay elsewhere as long as Maddison is available and him and Barnes are firing and Tielemans is scoring thunderbastards, I think is what you were trying to say. Otherwise we're very very ordinary, just look at the diabolical finishing in the last 3 games.

Faes has some good finishes, just need to work on it being in the right goal.

• Haha 1

If they had any inclination in Sacking him how much would it cost to relieve him of his duties £4-6m ?

Footballs a funny old place to work where else would you get paid a few £m for underperforming in your job therefore getting the sack from your employers, I'm sure if we continue to decline with these poor results the board will have to consider a change of management not only paying out Brendan’s contract but having to pay another club for taking their manager as there isn’t many decent managers out of work at the moment so that could add up to £6-7m for both parties dead money going out of the club that could be used elsewhere !

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...the paying supporters are not a true reflection if Foxestalk!!!

Until the people taking attendance start to be as vociferous as FT, there is no urgency from above to move him on. It is very much an echo chamber on here.

Yeah I do sometimes wonder if the nature of Foxestalk creates somewhat of an echo chamber when things are going badly, like is it a true representation of the fans opinion of BR? 
I think it's human nature that we complain more than we praise in modern society, so when we lose, you probably have a larger portion of fans who want to vent frustration vs the ones who are content? Just a theory atleast. 

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I think it's human nature that we complain more than we praise in modern society

True enough. Though just because everyone's saying it doesn't mean they aren't right.

c.f. just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me! 

4 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Yeah I do sometimes wonder if the nature of Foxestalk creates somewhat of an echo chamber when things are going badly, like is it a true representation of the fans opinion of BR? 
I think it's human nature that we complain more than we praise in modern society, so when we lose, you probably have a larger portion of fans who want to vent frustration vs the ones who are content? Just a theory atleast. 

It’s a fair point, and I read an interesting chat between a Liverpool supporter and some Mancs on Red Cafe the other day, the Pool fan was explaining that he posts on Red Cafe as RAWK is such an echo chamber, it becomes impossible to hold a discussion.

• Like 1

Guest Col city fan
2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's the LCFC section of Foxestalk summed up adroitly, if accidentally. 

Completely right!

9 minutes ago, taupe said:

True enough. Though just because everyone's saying it doesn't mean they aren't right.

c.f. just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get me! 

Yep, at this point, I think anyone who is siding with BR after 2 years of pretty horrendous and inconsistent football, with a lack of any direction is purely backing him out of sentiment rather than logic, just my opinion on it though. 

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

It’s a fair point, and I read an interesting chat between a Liverpool supporter and some Mancs on Red Cafe the other day, the Pool fan was explaining that he posts on Red Cafe as RAWK is such an echo chamber, it becomes impossible to hold a discussion.

I'll be honest, I find myself way more active when we lose compared to when we win, I think i'm a bit like Roy Keane in that respect, if we win, great, that's your job, continue improving. If we are consistently poor and losing then we need to get to the bottom of the issues and thus we are likely more active on here. I've no reason to come on here and praise the players or BR as much because they are paid an absolute fortune to do so.

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 4

Guest Col city fan
18 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

I honestly think that a good lot of our fans couldn’t give a monkeys if Rodgers stays or goes. This is borne out of two things:

Firstly, families taking their kids often take them ‘to the football’. Then it ends. They won’t talk about it like we do. I work with plenty of people who are like this. It’s a day out. It could be anywhere really.

Secondly, borne out of having loyalty to the team and the manager. Such that it’s seen as ‘wrong’ to criticise or to talk about the manager and the team in a negative light.

I think FT represents two main things:

a. People who want to talk about football and who get passionate about it.

b. It helps to cure boredom.

Finally, I think it’s probably quite cliquey. The same ‘faces’ will back up each other’s arguments on a fairly consistent basis. Like kids in a playground.

Edited by Col city fan