Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I posted literally straight before kick off that I’d looked at the team sheets and thought that Fulhams looked better than ours.

They’ve done the opposite to us (and done what we USED to do).. they’ve bought really well.

Our scouting system under Pearson, as we all know, rarely dropped a clanger. There were some but he’d either make them perform, or they’d be quickly binned.

Our signings under Rodgers, I think, have been mainly very very hit or miss. And we are suffering now as a result. This started with Ranieri.

Once we’d won the league, we had both the kudos and the money to establish ourselves as a team that kicked on for the next decade or so. To now watch some of the garbage we have playing is really soul destroying. We could have gotten it so right and secured the future of the club.

You're implying the signings and recruitment side has been on the slide since Ranieri, are we just ignoring what Puel did then? We've hardly been a club constantly dropping since we won the league, we dipped for a few years and came back up again thanks to shrewd recruitment

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I reckon I’m knocking on closer to 100% tbf

Don't be so hard on yourself.

33 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re not allowed to think he’s a cnut apparently.

Of course you are, the last thing I wanted this exchange to cause was you feeling like you're not allowed to think - on the contrary I was actively attempting to encourage it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Proportionately, 25% of me hates Rodgers, 35% of me is bored by Rodgers, 15% of me is amused by Rodgers, and 98.3% of me thinks the man is a fvcking cvnt.

I'm gonna need that in a Venn diagram as a pie chart won't work I don't think?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nick said:

Don't be so hard on yourself.

Of course you are, the last thing I wanted this exchange to cause was you feeling like you're not allowed to think - on the contrary I was actively attempting to encourage it.

It was aimed specifically at you. Another member of the forum though 👍🏼

Feels like a death by a thousand cuts now, for everyone concerned, even Rodgers himself. Have no doubt he'd be a happy man if he was cut loose tomorrow with his contract paid up.

Feels a bit like the Solskjaer scenario that had the arse dragged out of it at Man Utd. Horrendous runs of results and then a couple of opportune results at the right time that allowed him to limp on a bit longer. The only danger in this case is the looming threat of relegation.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, taupe said:

Considering the opinion people had of him, that sounds like such a weird thing to say. Hindsight and all that but, yes, it seems clearer now both what he was doing and how he was doing it.  Shame about the football.

We were all saying about vardy being the lone striker, that he can't play like that. The gulf between midfield and attack was too large, we needed a player that could transition the ball, maddison was still developing, but tielemens filled that void, I just don't think puel got time enough to see it out, I myself called for him to go. 

I think Puel with some of his bizarre transfers like diabete was him trying to solve that issue with limited funds and on a limited timescale.

Just my opinion though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Proportionately, 25% of me hates Rodgers, 35% of me is bored by Rodgers, 15% of me is amused by Rodgers, and 98.3% of me thinks the man is a fvcking cvnt.

So taking the mean average, 43% of you is thinking of Rodgers in some way or other.  You need help!

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Feels like a death by a thousand cuts now, for everyone concerned, even Rodgers himself. Have no doubt he'd be a happy man if he was cut loose tomorrow with his contract paid up.

Feels a bit like the Solskjaer scenario that had the arse dragged out of it at Man Utd. Horrendous runs of results and then a couple of opportune results at the right time that allowed him to limp on a bit longer. The only danger in this case is the looming threat of relegation.

Precisely what I said the other day. Sleepwalking to a decision you know you’re going to make but delaying it for no reason. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kingkisnorbo said:

Precisely what I said the other day. Sleepwalking to a decision you know you’re going to make but delaying it for no reason. 

Probably turn out there's some kind of clause where if he finishes below a certain position he only gets x amount of his pay up and we're hoping he does that without getting us relegated