Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

7 hours ago, dannythefox said:

It’s ok sacking him but we still have 9 players injured 🤕 

But sacking him will be a preventative measure by removing his poor (over) training method's (If the rumours of Dave Rennie saying as such are true)  but taking a historical look at his past teams does show a pattern of higher injury volumes, something that we are currently suffering..

ive never been more uninterested in my football team since 21 22 under rodgers. we feel like we are sleep walking towards the abyss. and rodgers is completely incapable of turning this around. simple as that. we either act or we will be punished either this year with relegation or next year.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

You’re not allowed to think he’s a cnut apparently.

Calling him a cnut now is actually being quite nice to him. 

I just want someone to shag his wife. I really want that someone to be Kelechi and while he is doing it to look Brendan square in the eyes and repeatedly say "You going to start me now boss". 

Calling him a cnut is all the fans have left. That and the bloody coconut water. 

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, jim5000 said:

There have been some proper dude signings recently, but it's not Rodgers that approves them, they are signed by the Director of Football after analysis by the scouting team. Rodgers wasn't on a holiday in France and saw this lad 'Wout Faes' and thought 'lets sign him'. Similarly, the signing of Vestergaard was a panicked reaction to the Fofana injury so close to the start of the season, he was the only 'Premier League level defender' available with days to the start of the season.

...he Rodger's has come out shouting from the rooftop that no player comes into the club without his approval!!!

Vestergaard was scouted and looked at for some time, so any shortcomings would have been noted, and yet we still brought him in to play in a high line??

Faes looks a find, but the last few games he is not as impactful as he has been,  you wonder why??

Rudkin may sign the contracts but the manager plays a big part in who we bring in. Take a look at Brys at OHL, he refused to play our loanees on principle, because we foisted them on to him. No manager worth  his salt is going to tolerate players coming in without his approval.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Lcfc82 said:

What’s he said now ?

The supporters have one outfield signing to talk about in the last couple of windows. They can see the team needs reinforcements. If we can do that, it will be great news for them.”

It’s getting more difficult. The financial resources, not just in the top six, makes it really difficult. Clubs have multiple injections of finances. We have one owner and one family. Each year it gets tougher. It doesn’t soften our ambition to be super competitive.”

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

A nice sly dig at Top in the pre match presser, he wants out.

Is he wrong? Is being tied to one source of limited income sustainable in the current financial climate if you want to continue to progress? I know people rightly like to rag on him, but on this, he is right I reckon

(And thats without my Brendan fanboy glasses on)

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The supporters have one outfield signing to talk about in the last couple of windows. They can see the team needs reinforcements. If we can do that, it will be great news for them.”

It’s getting more difficult. The financial resources, not just in the top six, makes it really difficult. Clubs have multiple injections of finances. We have one owner and one family. Each year it gets tougher. It doesn’t soften our ambition to be super competitive.”

I’ve never been a bit fan of Rodgers. But he isn’t wrong is he. To even stand still In the prem it needs yearly investment, this year has been the result of poor recruitment over 2 seasons. Without investment we are sleepwalking to the championship 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is he wrong? Is being tied to one source of limited income sustainable in the current financial climate if you want to continue to progress? I know people rightly like to rag on him, but on this, he is right I reckon

He's not wrong. It's just a fact but people take it as a dig.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He’s right but does he need to say it ?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

He’s right but does he need to say it ?

Now thats a different question! Probably not, do not recall what question it was in response too, but probably not.

edit Having watched it, its nothing, he praises the "brilliant" owners, and its in response to a question about finances and how much harded it is getting outside the top 6 due to the finances other similar clubs have.

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Now thats a different question! Probably not, do not recall what question it was in response too, but probably not.

edit Having watched it, its nothing, he praises the "brilliant" owners, and its in response to a question about finances and how much harded it is getting outside the top 6 due to the finances other similar clubs have.

Why has he not called them the 'best owners'?! Ahh he must hate their guts just calling them brilliant. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I just want someone to shag his wife. I really want that someone to be Kelechi and while he is doing it to look Brendan square in the eyes and repeatedly say "You going to start me now boss". 

Calling him a cnut is all the fans have left. That and the bloody coconut water. 

I was shocked that people were debating whether he’s a cnut or not

3 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I was shocked that people were debating whether he’s a cnut or not

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he Rodger's has come out shouting from the rooftop that no player comes into the club without his approval!!!

Vestergaard was scouted and looked at fir some time, so any shortcomings would have been noted, and yet we still brought him in to play in a high line??

This is such an important point. It really is incomprehensible that a club with such limited finances would pay £15-million for  a player who has been playing in the same league as us for multiple seasons, who is an international colleague of the club captain, and within six weeks decide he’s wholly unsuitable for our style of football. So much so we’d rather play a midfielder in his position. When week after week the defence ships goals. And that we’d pay him so much that we can’t even sell him! 

If Brendan was totally against this transfer I’m sure he’d have found a way to let us know that by now. As it is, the futile occupation of a Premier League Squad place by a player who may as well retire until Brendan leaves or his contract expires, stands as testament to the poor poor judgment of our esteemed manager. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Technically he isn't wrong but ... he's had ample financial backing during his tenure to bolster an already very decent squad of players when he first arrived. The fact that some have been poor buys, some he's refused to play, or some at least employ them in their best positions is largely down to him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shilton_fox said:

I’ve never been a bit fan of Rodgers. But he isn’t wrong is he. To even stand still In the prem it needs yearly investment, this year has been the result of poor recruitment over 2 seasons. Without investment we are sleepwalking to the championship 

Isn't the problem we can't invest due to the poor recruitment you mention tho and who's to blame for that.

He does realise we ain't on the level imof a Man united in terms of turnover and that man city and Chelsea boarded the gravy train before they then made the rules impossible for the rest of us to catch up.

Let's be honest Newcastle are only getting away with spending a small fortune because Ashley didn't for years.

King Power shouldn't be funding the club anyway. We should be able to compete on the TV income alone, building the infrastructure at the club to increase match day revenue is the next step they want to take. 

But anyone buying us or investing is still gonna be bound by the fact our turnover is is Lowe than that of the top 5 or so, we need to be smarter, ie don't allow your manager to sign Bertrand and vestergaard.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, smudgerfox said:

This is such an important point. It really is incomprehensible that a club with such limited finances would pay £15-million for  a player who has been playing in the same league as us for multiple seasons, who is an international colleague of the club captain, and within six weeks decide he’s wholly unsuitable for our style of football. So much so we’d rather play a midfielder in his position. When week after week the defence ships goals. And that we’d pay him so much that we can’t even sell him! 

If Brendan was totally against this transfer I’m sure he’d have found a way to let us know that by now. As it is, the futile occupation of a Premier League Squad place by a player who may as well retire until Brendan leaves or his contract expires, stands as testament to the poor poor judgment of our esteemed manager. 

Absolutely right. The club would absolutely know what they were getting with Vestergaard, the whole Premiership would! They would know what he could or couldn't do. To pay 15m plus a contract of high wages for someone unlikely to play was absolutely crass. You may as well have sat someone on the bench from the u23's to not play them as do that.

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Technically he isn't wrong but ... he's had ample financial backing during his tenure to bolster an already very decent squad of players when he first arrived. The fact that some have been poor buys, some he's refused to play, or some at least employ them in their best positions is largely down to him.

No doubt, but the two topics are separate. Yes he is at fault for any purchases he played a decisive role in securing that have not worked out, but that is not the same as a single owner without external investment limiting our financial manoeuvrability. Two problems.