Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is he wrong? Is being tied to one source of limited income sustainable in the current financial climate if you want to continue to progress? I know people rightly like to rag on him, but on this, he is right I reckon

(And thats without my Brendan fanboy glasses on)

How on earth are you still defending this clown? He's ruining your club and you're still backing him. So strange

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

How on earth are you still defending this clown? He's ruining your club and you're still backing him. So strange

How am I defending him? It’s like some people are allergic to debate, it’s so weird.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Isn't the problem we can't invest due to the poor recruitment you mention tho and who's to blame for that.

He does realise we ain't on the level imof a Man united in terms of turnover and that man city and Chelsea boarded the gravy train before they then made the rules impossible for the rest of us to catch up.

Let's be honest Newcastle are only getting away with spending a small fortune because Ashley didn't for years.

King Power shouldn't be funding the club anyway. We should be able to compete on the TV income alone, building the infrastructure at the club to increase match day revenue is the next step they want to take. 

But anyone buying us or investing is still gonna be bound by the fact our turnover is is Lowe than that of the top 5 or so, we need to be smarter, ie don't allow your manager to sign Bertrand and vestergaard.

I do agree on the point regarding Bertrand and vestegaard. Also, I don’t know for sure but I’d imagine Morgan, Albrighton, Vardy etc were rewarded with huge contracts whilst their ability withered due to their success here. None of us can be sure who’s fully to blame or what has gone on. But, there has been major cock ups in the upper echelons of the club for sure. 

ps Rodgers is 100% to blame for sucking the joy out of watching us play. 

Edited by shilton_fox
  • Like 3

A lot of the criticism that’s gone Brendan’s way is warranted but, come on, nobody can look at the XI that was out there against Fulham and think that side has a right to three points against any opponent in our division. 

And if we can only sign one outfield player in 18 months, that’s not just because of Bertrand and Vestergaard (the latter of whom would have already been off the books if he didn’t reject his move), and that’s not Brendan’s fault. 

We need to stay up— that should be our first, second, and third priority. The best way to do that at the moment is to inject the squad with some talent, sacking Rodgers without improving the side ain’t gonna help us right now.  

We do need a mentality shift, and I’m more than open to changing managers in order to accomplish that but we also need to collect points and to collect them fast. 

Edited by The_77
Typo
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I was shocked that people were debating whether he’s a cnut or not

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I was shocked that people were debating whether he’s a cnut or not

You can say that again. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, The_77 said:

A lot of the criticism that’s gone Brendan’s way is warranted but, come on, nobody can look at the XI that was out there against Fulham and think that side has a right to three points against any opponent in our division. 

And if we can only sign one outfield player in 18 months, that’s not just because of Bertrand and Vestergaard (the latter of whom would have already been off the books if he didn’t reject his move), and that’s not Brendan’s fault. 

We need to stay up— that should be our first, second, and third priority. The best way to do that at the moment is to inject the squad with some talent, sacking Rodgers and not improving the side ain’t gonna help us right now.  

We do need a mentality shift, and I’m more than open to changing managers in order to accomplish that but we also need to collect points and to collect them fast. 

Brendan should have gone after he played silly buggers at the start of the season. The board didn't back him, and he acted like a child and that poor run of results against teams we should have got results against (especially Brentford and Southampton) are what has put us near the relegation zone. A Brendan doing his job properly at that time would have got results. The team were in dissarray and were unfit, all his responsibility. 

What we can't do is keep Brendan and not back him. But is Brendan really going to see some cheaper options as backing him, or just trying to fill some holes. I think mentally everything is shifting back to where it was at the start of the season.

I still maintain get rid.

Edited by Chelmofox

1 minute ago, Unabomber said:

Weird how a manager can win our first ever fa cup and still have such a massive disconnect with our fans. Pretty impressive really. 

I’ve met him once.

It was in a toilet, in a pub / restaurant. 

He seemed okay actually. 

He’s just got a disconnect with the fan base. I don’t think the majority have ever taken to him and to a degree tolerated him due to the success of the first two years. He’s just on a downward trajectory and someone and he almost needs to go before it gets ugly. 

I think he’ll have great success wherever he goes for 2 years, as people buy into the philosophy, before zoning out. He  either need to move club every couple of years, or have high player turnover. 

If Top didn't sack him after our disaserous start, with us languishing at the bottom of the table, only to see us miraculously recover in such style, then I severly doubt Top will sack him before the season's end. I have some hopes we're just waiting for the right manager to become available but this is wishful thinking. I just hope we survive the season in the top league and start next season with a fresh, new manager and a seachange in academy involvement, style and mentality.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sly said:

I’ve met him once.

It was in a toilet, in a pub / restaurant. 

He seemed okay actually. 

He’s just got a disconnect with the fan base. I don’t think the majority have ever taken to him and to a degree tolerated him due to the success of the first two years. He’s just on a downward trajectory and someone and he almost needs to go before it gets ugly. 

I think he’ll have great success wherever he goes for 2 years, as people buy into the philosophy, before zoning out. He  either need to move club every couple of years, or have high player turnover. 

Was he using the kids urinal?

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Haha 4

51 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Where's the defence or backing? Not everything he says has to be construed as a dig or an insult or an abomination. 

It's not a defence. Just a clear rationale of what is being said. 

Just now, The Year Of The Fox said:

Don’t be daft

He has sit down wee’s

Probably washes his hands after having a p*ss too the cautious sod 

Reckon he has a gold plated loo at home?  lol

With his picture posing as Caesar above it maybe….

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

You might be onto something! Time for people to go “cold Brendan” and give him a swerve for a while!

Would love for the players to ignore him and his “win by possession” football that he has poorly coached back into them during the WC break.

• Like 1

Of course his time is up. Four years is long enough and we need some fresh thinking. However fresh thinking and immediate improvement do not necessarily go together. Other clubs with new managers in the PL are having a roller coaster ride. How important are managers really? PL players should be largely self motivated , its in their interest to be so. Ranieri used a light touch in the championship season and then started to interfere in the following season and fell flat on his face. I want Rodgers to go but at the moment I am not expecting miracles from the next Joe to get the job.