Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I want someone at the next interview to challenge Brendan on why have we been so poor since the return from the World Cup break, we had momentum and were getting good results, prior to the break, so why have you moved away from that successful shape and style, was that a conscious decision and is that what you have been working on in the mini pre season, if so do you take responsibility for the poor run of results? 

I would say one reason is the gel that was holding our attacking line together and actually scoring the goals is injured and hasnt played since the new year. 

We look toothless in attack and Madders was the only one before the world cup that was driving us forward. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Only by those who wear masks whilst driving alone 

Bruh. I don’t know anyone who wears a mask whilst driving alone, but not washing your hands after you pee is gross, you’re directly touching the same shit-and-body fluid -covered flusher, toilet seat and door handles of someone whose just emptied their insides after a spicy curry or some loner who has literally been a willy puller in there.

Masks are for other people’s benefits, christ to god, washing your hands after you pee is for your own.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

I want someone at the next interview to challenge Brendan on why have we been so poor since the return from the World Cup break, we had momentum and were getting good results, prior to the break, so why have you moved away from that successful shape and style, was that a conscious decision and is that what you have been working on in the mini pre season, if so do you take responsibility for the poor run of results? 

Sadly the national press are Team Brendan and still believe he’s bigger than us.

Radio Leicester are too scared to piss the club off.

I whole heartedly agree though that so many questions need to be asked.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SafewayFox said:

Sadly the national press are Team Brendan and still believe he’s bigger than us.

Radio Leicester are too scared to piss the club off.

I whole heartedly agree though that so many questions need to be asked.

I was hoping Southgate would go and Rogers would take over, think he may well find a more successful career in international management.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

Bruh. I don’t know anyone who wears a mask whilst driving alone, but not washing your hands after you pee is gross, you’re directly touching the same shit-and-body fluid -covered flusher, toilet seat and door handles of someone whose just emptied their insides after a spicy curry or some loner who has literally been a willy puller in there.

Masks are for other people’s benefits, christ to god, washing your hands after you pee is for your own.

Why are you taking a slash in the cubicle, be a man and use the urinals!

19 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Is he wrong? Is being tied to one source of limited income sustainable in the current financial climate if you want to continue to progress? I know people rightly like to rag on him, but on this, he is right I reckon

(And thats without my Brendan fanboy glasses on)

If we'd said this though, we'd be accused by some of being ungrateful to our owners.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

If we'd said this though, we'd be accused by some of being ungrateful to our owners.

We do say this, its just we are fans and have a perceived right to do so. He works for KP, and people bizarrely feel he has no right to comment on his employer, a comment that was largely positive

Honestly - is what he said false?

Was he right to make it public? Well.....that is a different question (Not really imho, but thats just who he is)

I think Rodgers is careful/measured with his words and I think that leads to a belief that there's something (more?) behind them. It's like a gap he leaves (intentionally or otherwise) for others to fill in. It is semantics and people begin to question exactly what it is he is saying, what he means. I've yet to decide (and, in truth, don't think I can) whether it's intentional on his part or no. Is he playing word games and sending not-so-coded messages? Or simply a sociopath? Or somewhere inbetween? Whatever the case, I personally don't like it. It feels like listening to someone with an agenda and not being entirely sure what that agenda is. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, taupe said:

I think Rodgers is careful/measured with his words and I think that leads to a belief that there's something (more?) behind them. It's like a gap he leaves (intentionally or otherwise) for others to fill in. It is semantics and people begin to question exactly what it is he is saying, what he means. I've yet to decide (and, in truth, don't think I can) whether it's intentional on his part or no. Is he playing word games and sending not-so-coded messages? Or simply a sociopath? Or somewhere inbetween? Whatever the case, I personally don't like it. It feels like listening to someone with an agenda and not being entirely sure what that agenda is. 

Or was he just asked a question and giving his honest thoughts on the matter?  He carefully thinks about the wording, because he is smart enough to know these days every word you say will be picked apart, snipped, and transformed to suit an agenda.

What he has said is spot on, the fact is in the last three transfer windows we have signed 1 player. We desperately need more financial backing if we are to compete in the top half of the Premier League.

This doesn’t need to be a dig at the owners, all involved with Leicester City Football Club know the wonderful work they have done, not just within the club but the wider community too.

We have now however, come to expect a level of performance and to be challenging for European spots and domestic trophies. To do this we need to be able to financially compete with 20 other clubs - 6 or 7 of these are already completely out of reach. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We do say it and certain fans on here think we are out of order for wanting new owners or more investment. We don't work for KP, Rodgers does. Should Rodgers be telling the public that because we are owned by 1 family we have financial limitations to those who get other investment? It's semantics but to me it's another dig at us needing to pull more in, which if our fans had said that of our owners we'd be ungrateful. For Rodgers to say it as an employee, well...... interesting.

...he is not saying that we need to temper our expectations, he is saying poor me, look at what I have to work with!!!

He does and says things for a reason, nothing to do with understanding the limitations of the owners purse, he knew what he was getting into when he took on the role.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is not saying that we need to temper our expectations, he is saying poor me, look at what I have to work with!!!

He does and says things for a reason, nothing to do with understanding the limitations of the owners purse, he knew what he was getting into when he took on the role.

Or he’s answering the question he was asked. If you interpret that as poor me, that’s fine, but can you honestly say how he’s answered the question is not accurate?

7 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

He carefully thinks about the wording, because he is smart enough to know these days every word you say will be picked apart, snipped, and transformed to suit an agenda. What he has said is spot on

Yes, it's that very 'thinking' that leads to the gap I'm referring to. It leaves you with the impression that he is deliberately choosing his words (they're not off the cuff) and it makes you ask why is he being so considered. Equally, that something is 'spot on' is not really the issue. It's that he chooses to, if you like, state the obvious. Again, why? There are a myriad of things he could say, all equally 'spot on' - what makes him choose one over the other? There's a reason for that. As I said, it gives the impression of an agenda - and I'll reiterate that I'm not saying what that agenda is, nor am I going to guess, I just don't like that he does it.

• Like 3

TalkSport today had a slot about “managers losing the dressing room” this morning.

Not a mention of Rodgers but there was for Lampard, Moyes and even Nathan Jones after 4 games.

I don’t fall in the camp of “clickbait” as Southampton aren’t a “bigger” side and surely if the media actually did their job and said the 5th highest paid manager in the league is bemoaning budgets again that itself is something worth probing surely?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

TalkSport today had a slot about “managers losing the dressing room” this morning.

Not a mention of Rodgers but there was for Lampard, Moyes and even Nathan Jones after 4 games.

I don’t fall in the camp of “clickbait” as Southampton aren’t a “bigger” side and surely if the media actually did their job and said the 5th highest paid manager in the league is bemoaning budgets again that itself is something worth probing surely?

The fact TalkSpot is all about clickbait, engaging with them and them wanting people to phone up you'd think Rodgers would be involved in their conversation.

Blinded by the media persona.

Rodgers get so many free rides.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

The fact TalkSpot is all about clickbait, engaging with them and them wanting people to phone up you'd think Rodgers would be involved in their conversation.

Blinded by the media persona.

Rodgers get so many free rides.

Exactly but the fact that Nathan Jones was discussed after 4 games and no mention of Rodgers or even how the club has got into this position is lazy journalism at best.

11 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Exactly but the fact that Nathan Jones was discussed after 4 games and no mention of Rodgers or even how the club has got into this position is lazy journalism at best.

Quite right, plus I don't hear the same support and positives behind Moyes when he's spoke about compared to the unanimous support Rodgers receives from the media and wider public.

Moyes:

In Europe two seasons in a row.

LC Quarter Finals. 

EL Semi Finals.

Still in the ECL - Round of 16.

Gotta consider the injuries.

On 06/01/2023 at 06:06, Claudio Fannieri said:

It's typical Rodgers though. He/his teams can't react to setbacks. Hammered MK Dons in the cup which continued the momentum. Newcastle at home, mistake after a few minutes and heads go down. Go to Anfield and dominate against what was a poor Liverpool team and are 1-0 up, then an inexplicable own goal and the heads drop again.

• Like 2

Such an inflexible manager, get him sacked Top! We played some of our best football with Nacho and Vardy upfront..

Brendan Rodgers says FA Cup history maker Kelechi Iheanacho still has role to play at #lcfc but doesn’t plan to change favoured 4-3-3 formation to accommodate him more. Player was key in 2021 Leicester triumph & is highest-scoring African in competition’s history.