Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

22 hours ago, taupe said:

I think Rodgers is careful/measured with his words and I think that leads to a belief that there's something (more?) behind them.

I realised my comments were based on listening to Rodgers speaking earlier in the season, and preseason, when he was (shall we say) a little miffed with the situation, and was inclined to sound a bit like he was, well, sulking tbh. I think I'd acknowledged at some point since that he'd seemingly gotten that out of his system and was back on track. So, to get to the point, and to be fair to Rodgers, I decided to listen to his most recent presser, the one the club website.

He does still sound calm, with no return to mardiness. He was less guarded and more open. With specific reference to the "one owner" remark, I think tbf he'd worded himself into a corner and it came out sounding a little more 'aimed' than it was in reality.  When commenting on the financial resources of other clubs (in relation to getting players in), he remarked on their 'multiple income streams' (or somesuch). To make the point more marked/obvious, he contrasted that with our "one owner" setup. It was intended comparatively rather than as a some kind of weird dig. 

Nah, tbh, I thought he came across clearly and without agenda. Mea culpa, I'd judged him by previous performances.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Happy Fox said:

Such an inflexible manager, get him sacked Top! We played some of our best football with Nacho and Vardy upfront..

Brendan Rodgers says FA Cup history maker Kelechi Iheanacho still has role to play at #lcfc but doesn’t plan to change favoured 4-3-3 formation to accommodate him more. Player was key in 2021 Leicester triumph & is highest-scoring African in competition’s history.

I don’t think we did.

& after reading the Nacho bit in the mercury I knew it would be brought up on here as an attack on Rodgers but yet AGAIN he’s right, play Nacho lose Barnes and the RW we need or get over run in midfield, I struggle to find a team that play with 2 out and out strikers anymore.

Why do people in football look at the bench as a manager not liking a player? It’s a squad game and the bench in many ways is more important than the starting 11, it allows you to change or continue with applied pressure, quote Eddie Jones they are not subs they are finishers, if Nacho only ever came off the bench and every time scored the winner I’m sure he’d, we’d be very happy.

Nacho looks the business when he comes on because he’s fresh compared to the other players on the field, because he’s got something different to what we might have on the field, because he has 20minutes to expel the tank and generally because he works better in these shorter windows as in we don”t see a full 90 of Nacho when he plays 90.

It seems because of these 20 minute cameos all the rubbish about how bad he was when he started or even came for that matter on has been lost.

I like Nacho scoring wise he probably is the most natural & often gets the something out of nothing but players need to be the complete otherwise they are a loose link.
Take Maddison (& whilst we are at it someone like Alves) brilliant technique but the other side of the game they were (are) weak at, Maddison has worked hard and now buys into the other side you see that with his work rate in tracking back and stronger tackling etc which he wasn’t doing but without losing his prime asset (Alves needs to take that onboard once back) even Perez this is a different Perez than a year ago and will put a shift in for 90.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taupe said:

I realised my comments were based on listening to Rodgers speaking earlier in the season, and preseason, when he was (shall we say) a little miffed with the situation, and was inclined to sound a bit like he was, well, sulking tbh. I think I'd acknowledged at some point since that he'd seemingly gotten that out of his system and was back on track. So, to get to the point, and to be fair to Rodgers, I decided to listen to his most recent presser, the one the club website.

He does still sound calm, with no return to mardiness. He was less guarded and more open. With specific reference to the "one owner" remark, I think tbf he'd worded himself into a corner and it came out sounding a little more 'aimed' than it was in reality.  When commenting on the financial resources of other clubs (in relation to getting players in), he remarked on their 'multiple income streams' (or somesuch). To make the point more marked/obvious, he contrasted that with our "one owner" setup. It was intended comparatively rather than as a some kind of weird dig. 

Nah, tbh, I thought he came across clearly and without agenda. Mea culpa, I'd judged him by previous performances.

Stated before, I don’t listen too him a lot, but I did to this and would agree, it was slightly odd at times, but he sounded mostly natural and reasonable at large and the point on the one owner I totally saw it this way. He is not quite as much of a wordsmith as he believes I think, and occasionally boxes himself into an awkward spot.

37 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Stated before, I don’t listen too him a lot, but I did to this and would agree, it was slightly odd at times, but he sounded mostly natural and reasonable at large and the point on the one owner I totally saw it this way. He is not quite as much of a wordsmith as he believes I think, and occasionally boxes himself into an awkward spot.

He is angling to be allwed to buy players in a rush... last time he bought vesty and Bertrand 

34 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He is angling to be allwed to buy players in a rush... last time he bought vesty and Bertrand 

Another FT doozy, 

FT why is it every other club has their new recruits lined up as soon as window opens Leicester r shit at negotiations and we end up scrabbling at the end of a window to get anyone.

Rodgers trying to rush new recruits in at the beginning of a window

lol

29 minutes ago, Matt said:

Ironic really given how much hates Nacho, freezing him out and generally refusing to use him.

you know, everything that’s wrong about brendan can be summed up by his views on nacho. He’d rather have someone who’s always neat and tidy and never loses the ball than someone more erratic who produces goals and assists :dunno:

• Like 2

For me, Rodgers’ biggest failing currently is his inability to get some confidence back in the side. We’re a completely different team when we’re confident. We move the ball quicker, more direct, press harder and higher, just all round better. 

8 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you know, everything that’s wrong about brendan can be summed up by his views on nacho. He’d rather have someone who’s always neat and tidy and never loses the ball than someone more erratic who produces goals and assists :dunno:

Who is that comparison against? Just out of curiosity. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Who is that comparison against? Just out of curiosity. 

nobody in particular. It’s just how he views the game. What other possible explanation could there be for why he doesn’t rate him? 

He’s been here long enough to see what he likes in a player and what he doesn’t. It’s the exact reason that he didn’t want to play under. He just wants players that play safe and keep that possession stat up. 

nacho can frustrate with the way his touch can resemble a league 2 players or messi’s and you can see that frustration in brendan everytime it goes wrong.  But i prefer having the odd dynamo in the team and his goal output really shows he deserves to be playing more 

Edited by Lambert09

16 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

He could have two assists in his last two games but didn’t.

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

nobody in particular. It’s just how he views the game. What other possible explanation could there be for why he doesn’t rate him? 

He’s been here long enough to see what he likes in a player and what he doesn’t. It’s the exact reason that he didn’t want to play under. He just wants players that play safe and keep that possession stat up. 

Doesn’t particularly make sense given your previous comment but fair enough. The only positions he could play is up top or attacking midfield. He scores fewer than Daka and Maddison is a better attacking midfielder than he is, so makes sense a lot of the time imo. He also struggles to play up front on his own, and often if you play him and Maddison together they occupy the same positions, so I understand why he doesn’t feature all that often tbh. That said, when Maddison is injured I think he has to be in the team as he brings the creativity, ball progression and goal threat we miss when Maddison is out. 

Kel is one of many players in our squad that is talented but needs to play in a specific role/system in order or him to be successful. 

• Like 1