Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dusty said:

He did bring in a lot of the recruitment team, but if you’re Ruskin, Susan or Top you should say No if you don’t want him to do that, they’ve allowed it to happen.

...how does that relationship function, if you are constantly saying no to your managers request for players, he has asked for!!!

You have heard Rodgers for long enough,  how do you think he would react to that situation. In this scenario,  it won't be because the coffers are empty,  it would be because someone is questioning his knowledge and ability to go about his work,  how do you think this would play out?

It is quite clear it isn’t all his fault by any means. But at the moment we are facing a huge rebuild in the summer with a mass exodus of players on the horizon. Do we trust him to get the right players or even utilise them correctly? This is probably gonna be the most important summer of his career assuming we stick with him.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

The sad part is that I think we've left it so long that even getting rid of him doesn't fix the damage. It still needs to happen though

I was thinking this yesterday actually, so depressingly got to the point where I don't actually care if stays or goes. 

Would a new manager really get that much of a tune out of the hoards of players who are leaving in 6 months? Probably not.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, walkerleeds said:

I was thinking this yesterday actually, so depressingly got to the point where I don't actually care if stays or goes. 

Would a new manager really get that much of a tune out of the hoards of players who are leaving in 6 months? Probably not.

How many of the players genuinely want to leave Leicester City the football club because they don’t like it here as opposed to how many feel they have to move on because they are not part of the managers plans, I would hazard a guess that a fair few would reconsider if there was a change of manager and clean slate that refreshed the current staleness at the  club. 

• Like 1

Just posted this in the Braybrooke thread but instead of changing the subject in that thread it’s probably more appropriate in here and I think there is certainly a debate to be had.

Everything that was said to be Rodgers' strengths doesn't seem to have been come to fruition in his time here, when he's spoken about and when he first come here his strengths and attributes were supposedly:

A great man manager.

Good at bringing youth through.

His team come on strong in the second half of a season/end of a competition.

4 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Ricky P - one of the finest in the league in his position, now broken never to be the same again.

Soy - excellent replacement for maguire, got into best 11 of the season I believe? Now morphed into Sol Bamba.

JJ - fantastic on both Left & Right, now physically broken and seemingly unable to recover.

Kel - top scorer, statistically fantastic, shunned and now not allowed to play unless it’s the C team in a cup.

Youri - one of the finest midfielders in the league, now just sideways passmaster that doesn’t want a new contract and nobody wants to sign.

Ndidi - “the octopus” what a player! Second coming of Makelele! Now an absolute joke, can’t make simple passes, probably wouldn’t get in the Wigan team.

Barnes - full of promise and decent statistically, knocking on the England door, now refuses to pass and just runs head first into 3 defenders losing possession for 90 minutes.

This is not a football club I recognise, I just don’t care that much anymore, I cared far more in League 1 and the championship, rightly or wrongly I blame BR. Maybe I’m jaded, who knows.

After an initial stage of improvments, players are badly regressing under BR. It's not like they're past their prime either, a core group of our team is 24-27. We are meant to be seeing them start going into their peak, not what we're seeing right now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oxtonfox said:

I would like us to have Graham Potter, if and when Chelsea get rid of him. He’ll by ideal for our club, as I think Brendan has run his course and the players are probably tired of his rhetoric. 

I said this months and days ago but l think Chelsea will pull the plug on him within the month and we (Top) will be prevaricating about the bush and he'll be snapped up.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, J. James said:

I said this months and days ago but l think Chelsea will pull the plug on him within the month and we (Top) will be prevaricating about the bush and he'll be snapped up.

I expect lampard won’t last much longer at Everton, and they could go for Potter if he is sacked 

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 03/01/2023 at 12:24, Koke said:

Arteta is top of the league and Emery has reached 5 Europa League finals, winning 4 of them. Both better than Rodgers.

Which manager is still in the fa cup? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

4 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Yeah I know what you mean, I know people on here will maybe poke fun but it’s just not for me anymore. Hopefully one day that’ll change.

Not proud of this,but i missed the Newcastle and Fulham games for no other reason that i couldn't be arsed......first time in 15 yrs.Tha'ts how bad it's got for me.

• Like 2