Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Not proud of this,but i missed the Newcastle and Fulham games for no other reason that i couldn't be arsed......first time in 15 yrs.Tha'ts how bad it's got for me.

Yeah I think it’s probably the same for more people than you’d think really at this point. I think we looked better under Puel even than we do now, and bloody hell he knew how to sign quality players.  

• Like 4

Imagine if we all stopped going? We have had difficult time before, some worst than this - Holloway springs to mind, Pleat towards the end of his tenure when we lost six in a row. 

Now is the time to get behind the team. BR has become a hate figure for some  but it wasn’t long ago when we he was milking the applause at the London Stadium after a comfortable win over West Ham. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, East Langton Fox said:

Imagine if we all stopped going? We have had difficult time before, some worst than this - Holloway springs to mind, Pleat towards the end of his tenure when we lost six in a row. 

Now is the time to get behind the team. BR has become a hate figure for some  but it wasn’t long ago when we he was milking the applause at the London Stadium after a comfortable win over West Ham. 

I get where you are coming from and i'd love to get the enthusisum (sp) again!Maybe it's an age thing with me (middle 50's).Watched the Pleat,Holloway,Levien,Pearson,Ranieri,etc home and away and can honestly say that this the most i've been disconected from the club.Parking is a pain in the arse,walking to the ground for about a mile,security being pricks,no decent pubs round the ground,watch sideways and backwards football....then go home!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

I get where you are coming from and i'd love to get the enthusisum (sp) again!Maybe it's an age thing with me (middle 50's).Watched the Pleat,Holloway,Levien,Pearson,Ranieri,etc home and away and can honestly say that this the most i've been disconected from the club.Parking is a pain in the arse,walking to the ground for about a mile,security being pricks,no decent pubs round the ground,watch sideways and backwards football....then go home!

I go back even further (mid 60s) but you've just about summed up the current situation perfectly. As far as I'm concerned though it's never been the same since they flattened filbert street. 😭

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Can see that, I’m in my late fifties so I go with one or both of my sons. Beer before, sometimes after. It eases the pain, especially on away trips and very occasionally it’s all worth it. Being with both my lads at st Mary’s when we won 9-0. We will all three always remember that. 

8 hours ago, Koke said:

The decline is shocking. A disgrace in fact.

If it was one or two players you'd say it was unlucky but look at that list. It's absolutely criminal. Our squad value has absolutely nosedived. Yet who is held accountable for this?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Getting stuck at the royal for an hour aswell if you watch the full game wears thin. It’s just not worth the hassle anymore for me, it’s relative to feeling connected to the club as you say.

• Like 1

Remember Ian Marshall and David Speedie both saying on twitter around March time last year Rodgers was "done here" after our Forest embarrassment and Europa League shit show. 

Piper in September saying the same thing.

I think the ex pros know as they have experienced it in a dressing room. Unfortunately Top and Co looking at it from a spreadsheet rather than the turgidness. That is why he still is here stinking the club out. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Ricky P - one of the finest in the league in his position, now broken never to be the same again.

Soy - excellent replacement for maguire, got into best 11 of the season I believe? Now morphed into Sol Bamba.

JJ - fantastic on both Left & Right, now physically broken and seemingly unable to recover.

Kel - top scorer, statistically fantastic, shunned and now not allowed to play unless it’s the C team in a cup.

Youri - one of the finest midfielders in the league, now just sideways passmaster that doesn’t want a new contract and nobody wants to sign.

Ndidi - “the octopus” what a player! Second coming of Makelele! Now an absolute joke, can’t make simple passes, probably wouldn’t get in the Wigan team.

Barnes - full of promise and decent statistically, knocking on the England door, now refuses to pass and just runs head first into 3 defenders losing possession for 90 minutes.

This is not a football club I recognise, I just don’t care that much anymore, I cared far more in League 1 and the championship, rightly or wrongly I blame BR. Maybe I’m jaded, who knows.

Also Game day performances in the main ,far below average..

Excellent post.

i do feel there are other mitigating circumstances,that are not being understood by ALL fans,and information is not being brought to the fans or media..

Why is the alround picture seen from our side dismal,pathetic & no dialog on future progress and aspirations…It can’t all be on a seemingly non-imaginative  fans-stubborn-seen manager. And compensation short-fall..

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Ricky P - one of the finest in the league in his position, now broken never to be the same again.

Soy - excellent replacement for maguire, got into best 11 of the season I believe? Now morphed into Sol Bamba.

JJ - fantastic on both Left & Right, now physically broken and seemingly unable to recover.

Kel - top scorer, statistically fantastic, shunned and now not allowed to play unless it’s the C team in a cup.

Youri - one of the finest midfielders in the league, now just sideways passmaster that doesn’t want a new contract and nobody wants to sign.

Ndidi - “the octopus” what a player! Second coming of Makelele! Now an absolute joke, can’t make simple passes, probably wouldn’t get in the Wigan team.

Barnes - full of promise and decent statistically, knocking on the England door, now refuses to pass and just runs head first into 3 defenders losing possession for 90 minutes.

This is not a football club I recognise, I just don’t care that much anymore, I cared far more in League 1 and the championship, rightly or wrongly I blame BR. Maybe I’m jaded, who knows.

And this is why the ‘we’re too good to go down’ argument is just head burying stuff. They are names on a team sheet but not the same players. We are living off Maddison and Tielemans wonder goals when he can be arsed (which will be less as we get nearer the summer) or a moment from Barnes when confident which is less with the teams slump.

Take Maddison out and we are no better than the rest of the bottom half and it then becomes about the scrappy mentality which the less said the better….

• Like 2

10 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Too much hate,and not enough logic or common-sense

1 hour ago, Gazza M said:

Remember Ian Marshall and David Speedie both saying on twitter around March time last year Rodgers was "done here" after our Forest embarrassment and Europa League shit show. 

Piper in September saying the same thing.

I think the ex pros know as they have experienced it in a dressing room. Unfortunately Top and Co looking at it from a spreadsheet rather than the turgidness. That is why he still is here stinking the club out. 

We have also ex-pros talkingshit over the years…Twaddle trying to cherrypick for any said circumstance..

10 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

That’s the one!

We won’t sack him now we had the chance. Honestly over the last few months I’ve been going to games not even feeling bothered about the result and looking at the next 6 fixtures I can’t see where a couple of wins is coming from. This is the Leicester life.

Edited by dannythefox

20 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Ndidi is the biggest one for me, complete shadow of his former self 

• Like 4

I'm booooooooooooooooooored of Brendan ball now!

I've lost my umph for the club at the minute if I'm honest....

I love Top to bits but I'm started to think he's losing the plot....... But we do have a new training ground and get free cupcakes!

• Like 3