Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

12 hours ago, East Langton Fox said:

Imagine if we all stopped going? We have had difficult time before, some worst than this - Holloway springs to mind, Pleat towards the end of his tenure when we lost six in a row. 

Now is the time to get behind the team. BR has become a hate figure for some  but it wasn’t long ago when we he was milking the applause at the London Stadium after a comfortable win over West Ham. 

I'm not convinced "Getting behind the team" is going to have much of an effect tbh

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I can’t speak for others but I don’t bother because it’s simply repeating myself to type a coherent objection every time. I’m beyond the reasoning, I simply want Rodgers out of my life. For me, it’s the stage of a relationship that has gone beyond counselling and couple’s therapy, but neither of you can afford to leave the home so the vitriol grows. 

Brendan is a cvnt

Well to assist with your analogy maybe just try having sex with him again - you'll probably find everybody benefits and things will be going swimmingly again on all fronts. 

Edit: A damn good Rodgering is what you need mate.

Edited by Nick
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nick said:

Well to assist with your analogy maybe just try having sex with him again - you'll probably find everybody benefits and things will be going swimmingly again on all fronts. 

Edit: A damn good Rodgering is what you need mate.

I think we've all been Rodgered enough

• Haha 2

Now he's gone I'll miss his honest approach to the pre match pressers and post match analysis...and his continual updates oh the fitness of our squad members. I'm a little unsure about his use of the development squad though...

Oh fcuk he's still here isn't he :brendan:

• Like 1

Half expecting the sob story to start again about having a small squad , injuries  and no signings. I'd be very surprised if we make any significant signings.  Maybe we will bring in a loan but I just don't see anything else that will make a significant difference to the first team squad this window. 

I don't understand how he says we are a small squad when we named 25 players the sane as everyone else plus we have the kids to call on.

Surely every team is the sane size? 25? 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Half expecting the sob story to start again about having a small squad , injuries  and no signings. I'd be very surprised if we make any significant signings.  Maybe we will bring in a loan but I just don't see anything else that will make a significant difference to the first team squad this window. 

I don't understand how he says we are a small squad when we named 25 players the sane as everyone else plus we have the kids to call on.

Spot on

7 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Still people turning up their noses at the likes of Potter lol

What has Brendan done to you lot?!

Rodgers is done here but don't believe Potter is the significant upgrade he's made out to be. Issues around injuries and coaching methods have been documented on here.

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Hope he walks tbh, or some club goes for him. Cannot stand is sanctimonious behaviour.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Well we do have lots of injuries, and we've only made one signing in the last 18 months. And I think the majority of supporters feel that the likes of Perez, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare and others are not good enough. I know he was involved in many of those signings, but he does have a point. If we really can't make any signings, when has gone on the record to say we can, we really do have a significant management issue. It's not helped by the fact that the Club remains silent on everything. That's all well and good when things are going well, but it's not so clever when things are going not so well

16 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Well we do have lots of injuries, and we've only made one signing in the last 18 months. And I think the majority of supporters feel that the likes of Perez, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare and others are not good enough. I know he was involved in many of those signings, but he does have a point. If we really can't make any signings, when has gone on the record to say we can, we really do have a significant management issue. It's not helped by the fact that the Club remains silent on everything. That's all well and good when things are going well, but it's not so clever when things are going not so well

Everton make 50 signings a season it seems and what good has it done them?

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

I think when he says we have a small squad, he means there’s only a small number he thinks are up to scratch.

Unfortunately for him, many of those deemed surplus to requirements are those he himself has signed.

30 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Maybe people take the literal all the time, maybe he refers to players at his disposal currently, so 25 minus 9 = 16 of which 3 are goalies so now down to 13 senior outfield players with very little cover in certain positions to fill 10 matchday places in a period that has seen us play every 3.3 days up till this coming saturday, when there after we start to get a week gap again.

He can call on some of the academy players but even that will only boost you by 3 maybe 4 bodies at a push, we still don't have enough to fill a matchday squad resulting in a weak lopsided bench

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Maybe people take the literal all the time, maybe he refers to players at his disposal currently, so 25 minus 9 = 16 of which 3 are goalies so now down to 13 senior outfield players with very little cover in certain positions to fill 10 matchday places in a period that has seen us play every 3.3 days up till this coming saturday, when there after we start to get a week gap again.

He can call on some of the academy players but even that will only boost you by 3 maybe 4 bodies at a push, we still don't have enough to fill a matchday squad resulting in a weak lopsided bench

We he clearly didn't say anything like what you are implying, If that's what he ment he didn't say it.

He would Rather say he has a small squad because ot sounds better for his defence rather than moan about injuries. 

You can't defend him for saying something and say he ment something else. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themightyfin said:

There was a stat knocking around the other day that we are one of the few teams to have named a full 25 man squad yet have used one of the fewest number of players.

Essentially the squad has been filled with players he doesn't trust enough to use. Who is responsible isn't really clear though, whether it's a recruitment or management issue.

The part I don't understand, is him complaining that injuries are caused by the small squad. Better to play a player don't fancy sometimes and prevent your best from getting injured rather than just sticking with the same ones every game. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

You may have answered your own question there to be honest

One of these days we will sign players who do what it says on the tin. It ain't easy I know but many more mistakes we cannot afford.