Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

44 minutes ago, Matt said:

And any that are up to scratch he's either frozen out, refuses to play them or doesn't play them to their strengths.

To be fair after excluding the injured, the exiled and the underperforming, it is a small squad.

• Haha 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Lucien Favre just got sacked by Nice... 

I think I optimistically think this more than I should when a job comes up, but I could really see Rodgers at Nice.

South of France would suit him the owners have money and seem keen to anglocise the club

Just now, LVFox said:

I think I optimistically think this more than I should when a job comes up, but I could really see Rodgers at Nice.

South of France would suit him the owners have money and seem keen to anglocise the club

Surely Kasper would advise them against it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Poor Kasper.

He went Nice to get away from Rodgers.

Edited by Matt
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, harpendenfox said:

Well we do have lots of injuries, and we've only made one signing in the last 18 months. And I think the majority of supporters feel that the likes of Perez, Vestergaard, Praet, Soumare and others are not good enough. I know he was involved in many of those signings, but he does have a point. If we really can't make any signings, when has gone on the record to say we can, we really do have a significant management issue. It's not helped by the fact that the Club remains silent on everything. That's all well and good when things are going well, but it's not so clever when things are going not so well

How many players have we lost in the past 18 months?

25 minutes ago, LVFox said:

Think they also have British owners? So would be more aware of Brendan perhaps.

6 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Here we go again 🙄 money money money 

307B5258-6361-4C47-AE28-96990851288A.jpeg

No Brendan. Missing the CL wasn’t a failure. The absolute collapse twice was. We have more resources than Bournemouth and Newcastle pre Saudi ? Your tactics/team were educated by both of them. 

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Half expecting the sob story to start again about having a small squad , injuries  and no signings. I'd be very surprised if we make any significant signings.  Maybe we will bring in a loan but I just don't see anything else that will make a significant difference to the first team squad this window. 

I don't understand how he says we are a small squad when we named 25 players the sane as everyone else plus we have the kids to call on.

Surely every team is the sane size? 25? 

...as a previous poster has said, it is a handful of players who he believes he can trust and are good enough, he is not looking at numbers, just who he feels he can work with!!!

I totally understand that, we can all see that there are weak areas in our team, but you do not get the performance out of players by publicly talking them down.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walkerfox said:

He’s talking about money again, he’s obsessed with bringing up how little we have to spend compared to the other teams. 

Oh my god, we’ve got the new Sean Dyche :cry:

Whilst blithely ignoring the serious infrastructural investment that is supposed to drive us forward.

But that doesn't count, I suppose 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Exactly. People like to make out this is a squad he's just inherited. How long has he been here?

I make it 8 transfer windows he’s been here, in which time he’s been able to sign  just 11 players. Whilst losing the likes of

Schmeichel, Fuchs, Chilwell, Fofana, Maguire, Morgan etc. 

Yes he’s been here a while, but he hasn’t really been able to build a squad had he? Most clubs bring in that many players in a season, especially when we are playing European football. 
Of the 11 he’s brought in it’s a real mixed bag, but all bar 2 have added extra quality to the squad. 
The last 3 windows, and now we’re half way through another window and we’ve brought in 1 player, to a squad every man and his dog can see needed replacements brought into. We knew on the summer we needed a refresh, it just hasn’t happened. 

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...as a previous poster has said, it is a handful of players who he believes he can trust and are good enough, he is not looking at numbers, just who he feels he can work with!!!

I totally understand that, we can all see that there are weak areas in our team, but you do not get the performance out of players by publicly talking them down.

Or it’s the number of players available? We have something like 15 first team players available to chose from. It’s not about who he can trust, it’s who’s actually fit and available.