Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dames said:

Feels like the start of the season again. The pressure is on and his first response is to protect Brand Brendan. 

Right back where we started, he wants the sack so will mouth off, this annoys the players and they don’t perform for him. 

Not sacking him might turn out to be the reason we end up going down. 

We do need to spend a bit of money and sign a player or two though tbf. 

I have some sympathy with him, but presumably he would have known about the long term ambitions around improving infrastructure.

Poor or not enough recruitment in 2-3 windows now has been the killer, as it has been in other dips at the club (think when before Pearson came back and the cull he had to do, and the window where we signed Musa et al).

He also doesn’t do himself any favours does he. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to create a positive environment and culture…

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 4

31 minutes ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I tell you what though, if we'd have allowed him to squander more money on his shitty transfers we'd be in a lot worse predicament than we already are now.

Other than Vestergaard, have we really squandered money on transfers?

In 8 transfer windows we’ve managed to bring in just 11 players. How many of our rivals have done that in the last one or two windows?
We’ve signed one player in the last three windows, haven’t signed a player in January since he’s been here.

Other than Vestergaard and Bertrand (free) every other player he’s brought in has improved the squad. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Right back where we started, he wants the sack so will mouth off, this annoys the players and they don’t perform for him. 

Not sacking him might turn out to be the reason we end up going down. 

We do need to spend a bit of money and sign a player or two though tbf. 

We definitely need more bodies in there is no doubt about that but Rodgers seems to forget that he and his chum Congerton have contributed massively to this situation. 

He’s more concerned with his media image than the success of this club, that much is clear.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

In 8 transfer windows we’ve managed to bring in just 11 players. How many of our rivals have done that in the last one or two windows?
We’ve signed one player in the last three windows, haven’t signed a player in January since he’s been here.

Other than Vestergaard and Bertrand (free) every other player he’s brought in has improved the squad. 

I posted a thread where I highlighted just under €200m of dross we’ve signed (not including wages) since being back in the PL.

Amazing how any manager who gets sacked, put on gardening leave, whatever is subject to contracts not allowing them to talk a club, owners or players down or spout off about a club yet here he is in a seemingly safe, cushy job, getting paid handsomely being allow to spout off.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, sm1 said:

As much as I dislike Rodgers and don't agree with him on alot of things, he's got a point here. Our net spend over the last 5 years is 35M, basically 7M a year. If you chronically underfund the team for that long you're going to go backwards. It happened with Southampton and now it's happening to us. Tielmans will leave in the summer and if we dont strengthen with quality players, so will Maddison. We'll basically be a championship club then.

...this club is supposed to be self sustainable!!!

If you look throughout the first team you will see quality in nearly all the positions.

The fact that a lot if them have suffered long term injuries, perhaps due to practices in our training and conditioning,  should not deflect from the strength of this team. We cannot go out and replace like for like as the big teams can, we have to rely on good scouting and offloading players at the right moment to maximise our revenue. 

We cannot continue to break players and yet be competive in this league, we just can't afford to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

How many have improved the first XI?

It's a cop out to spend £20m+ on a player and regard him as a success because he has "improved the squad" but not the first XI.

In the summer of 2019 after signing Tielemans we only needed a quality RW and we would have been absolutely cooking with a first XI that we would struggle to improve. Rodgers has supervised that summer of 2019 to this. I think in a few years time I'll look back on the Puel era better than the Rodgers era because Puel was crap but he built the foundation, Rodgers initially fantastic but has overseen the club's demise. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gerard said:

How many have improved the first XI?

It's a cop out to spend £20m+ on a player and regard him as a success because he has "improved the squad" but not the first XI.

In the summer of 2019 after signing Tielemans we only needed a quality RW and we would have been absolutely cooking with a first XI that we would struggle to improve. Rodgers has supervised that summer of 2019 to this. I think in a few years time I'll look back on the Puel era better than the Rodgers era because Puel was crap but he built the foundation, Rodgers initially fantastic but has overseen the club's demise. 

I think this is a good point about Puel. He did create the foundations for the success we’ve had under Rodgers, but as I’ve said before when it gets to the point where he really puts his own stamp on the side it has started to unravel. It happened at Liverpool as well.

These recent ramblings are also reminiscent of when he talked his way out of Celtic to join us. 

Can’t help but think his time here is done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I dont care if Rodgers is right or wrong about net spend. You dont go out talking to all your journo friends about the club. Even if its not being ran how you want. You either shut **** up, sit down and manage ****ing Vestegaard or you leave. Its just unprofessional. And Top allowing him to do it now - its been what the 5th time, is probably equally as bad. 

In fairness we are also allowing him to do it.

The vitriol spouted at Puel towards the end was often abusive, personal and felt violent in its delivery. We're no better now, in some ways we're worse in terms of the runs of defeats. Football is just as boring too.

We get the odd boo and then people come on here (like myself) and winge.

It's like we are scared of him too, he's got a hold over everyone!

• Like 2

There's a narrative he wants out there, and the fans to understand. He's not wrong of course. Not in the respect of the monumentally different amounts of money available to clubs. I think though that it is fully understood by fans, so perhaps Rodgers feels fans have not taken it onboard sufficiently and have not adjusted their expectations accordingly. I dunno, maybe he's right, but it does come across to me as a kind of paranoia. A self-defence mode, as in 'not my fault guv'. For all of his talk of the criticism not bothering him, I think it does.

Tbh, I wish he'd stop with the excuses and be more focused on the job.

Sky showing that during Rodgers time here we have a net spend of £3m.. whilst Villa, Newcastle and West Ham have spent at least over £250m.

let’s face it, the way the club is run we are not staying anywhere near the top of the table on those kind of figures people need a reality check.

Newcastle were shit for years with a net spend of bugger all, all of a sudden inject £300m and they’re winning a lot of games and near the top of the table. The owners need to getting players in soon otherwise we are gonna stay struggling Rodgers or not 

• Like 1