Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

18 minutes ago, Adster said:

You simply don't know that though. It's silly to come out with sweeping statements like this when we have absolutely no idea if this is true. 

Deal with facts. Net spend has been low, and it's statistically proven that consistent top 6 teams require a much higher net spend than what we have, regardless of player sells. 

That doesn't mean Rodgers is inoccent, as as a manager he should be working with what he's got and producing better results. A multitude of issues (lack of investment, recruitment, coaching etc)are crossing over causing the current plight we have currently. 

Leadership comes from the top and ultimately the owners are accountable and responsible for all decisions made at all levels of the club. 

The number of hires he’s led in his backroom staff which included him cherry picking an analyst and his own choice in head of recruitment suggest the statement is right. He’s been backed to his own control up until recently 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dames said:

We do know that - We know he got his first choice Head of Recruitment in, no manager has had that since Pearson so that gave him defacto control over the transfers. 

Thank you for your post Dames. It goes some way to answering the questions I had in my own mind.

If Rodgers requested, and got, broader areas of control as a part of his employment package then I feel it's fair to judge him on that increased remit.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I have some sympathy with him, but presumably he would have known about the long term ambitions around improving infrastructure.

Poor or not enough recruitment in 2-3 windows now has been the killer, as it has been in other dips at the club (think when before Pearson came back and the cull he had to do, and the window where we signed Musa et al).

He also doesn’t do himself any favours does he. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to create a positive environment and culture…

He is a politician with his media narrative and all about Brand Brendan to be fair mate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he (Rodgers) either has become comfortable in his position that he now feels that he can come out and say these things!!!

Either that or he has an offer to manage a high profile team in the summer or perhaps before.

There is little to no consequence in saying this stuff for him,  he must feel very assured in his position to be talking in this way.

The failure to reach Champions League was not due to lack of money, but to a weak mentality on both occasions. 

What has he got to loose..?

If the Club actually do whats needed and 'grow a pair' and sack him, he finaly gets his pay off of "x amount of millions" 

Then because of his pre-season interview bitching every 30 seconds about not getting the refresh  (but reminder boys and girls - he didn't want to go to war with the club..) and his more recent "reminder" of the current lack of funds and past transfer activity, he has "Brand Brendan" well and truly protected once again. 

Let's not kid ourselves..the only reason his current bleeting has reverted back to this topic, yet again is not because of its factual content.. (which it is, I'm not disputing the situation, our net spend and activity of other clubs etc. as its happened / is true) but, its the resumption of the only subject he is actually a good manager of doing -  media manipulation,   The sole purpose of his actions at present is to save face, by hiding behind the 'well I wasnt backed' and the more recent "I'm not a Magician" Bull Sh1t quotes to keep the world believing he's still this "Elite Manager" and therefore stick a very good chance of landing another well paid, and possibly high profile job ..

• Like 4

Just now, tickler28 said:

Could it not be argued that he has a point? That fans expectations have rose to a level our transfer activity can't match?

I don't know, my expectations might have risen from relegation fodder to mid table mediocrity over the last 5-6 years, but it would never had lowered itself to Jannick Vestergaard levels... 

Just now, tickler28 said:

Could it not be argued that he has a point? That fans expectations have rose to a level our transfer activity can't match?

There’s expectations of the fans and then there’s signing one player in the summer with an ever aging squad, ridiculous signings the year before that and not addressing the RW issue. I don’t think people are asking us to spunk 100 million but to literally just watch transfer windows go by with little to no activity feels like a slow death. 

2 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

I don't know, my expectations might have risen from relegation fodder to mid table mediocrity over the last 5-6 years, but it would never had lowered itself to Jannick Vestergaard levels... 

Admittedly the 2 Soton lads were a bad mistake but not the sort of mistake that leaves you penniless

1 minute ago, Manini said:

There’s expectations of the fans and then there’s signing one player in the summer with an ever aging squad, ridiculous signings the year before that and not addressing the RW issue. I don’t think people are asking us to spunk 100 million but to literally just watch transfer windows go by with little to no activity feels like a slow death. 

None of this was Rodgers fault though?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

People go on about the money we've wasted yet you only have to look at clubs like Chelsea, Everton, Man U, West Ham, Spurs to see how easy it is to throw away 10's of millions on chaff

Or on the other end of the spectrum, Brighton/Brentford to name a couple have gone down our tried and tested model of signing hungry, young players with potential upsell.

Under Rodgers/Congerton, we have done that with what JJ and Fofana.

Just offering a balanced view on that one.

42 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

People go on about the money we've wasted yet you only have to look at clubs like Chelsea, Everton, Man U, West Ham, Spurs to see how easy it is to throw away 10's of millions on chaff

Well...yes? The point is that the big clubs are far more resilient to the odd stinker/failed signing and have more money to waste in the first instance. A club like Leicester has to get a bigger proportions of their incomings and outgoings right, in order to progress. 

Leicester have managed to simultaneously buy lots of dross and let assets lose value  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elvisfmcfly said:

I tell you what though, if we'd have allowed him to squander more money on his shitty transfers we'd be in a lot worse predicament than we already are now.

That is true but if they truly believe that then sack him. This half-way house is just ridiculous and we deserve to get relegated for it to be honest.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

That is true but if they truly believe that then sack him. This half-way house is just ridiculous and we deserve to get relegated for it to be honest.

We can have absolutely no complaints if we go down. Complete negligence throughout the club

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I have some sympathy with him, but presumably he would have known about the long term ambitions around improving infrastructure.

Poor or not enough recruitment in 2-3 windows now has been the killer, as it has been in other dips at the club (think when before Pearson came back and the cull he had to do, and the window where we signed Musa et al).

He also doesn’t do himself any favours does he. It’s almost like he doesn’t want to create a positive environment and culture…

He doesn't in the slightest. Regardless of if you agree with his statements, which for what it's worth I think he's got a point but he's also a huge hypocrite, I don't think you can argue against the fact he's had two choices. One of them was to try and create what you said. The other was to throw everyone else under the bus to protect his own reputation.

Rodgers would rather everyone thought he was a good manager than be a good manager. This is why he needs to go.

• Like 3