Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I must admit i've been questioning the owners approach more and more the last couple of years but Rodgers is so good at spinning absolute bullshit.

A well researched and informative Journalist with some balls would say "3rd/4th best paid manager, biggest spend bar the top 6 since you've been here (before newcastle) and 7th highest wage bill, in what way have you been short changed Brendan?"

Obviously no one would. I think we have been run badly last few years by the owners and i dont really care how controversial that is because of previous success, but Brendan is an absolute spin doctor. 

Edited by Gamble92
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

The 10 million net spend is statpadded by the Fofana transfer.

Do not forget that last summer he was backed to the tune of our biggest ever net spend, and we got worse as a result. He hasn't been backed in the last couple of windows but the idea he hasn't been backed at all is delusional.

The Fofana, Chilwell and Maguire fees all came under him. 3 of the four biggest in our history.

• Like 1

Thing is this thread went cold before the world cup and some were even saying we had a chance of Europe. There is no consistency at all , its all results based and if we have a few wins some will change their mind again.The truth is Rodgers's time is up , he is done here and I am sure he would accept the sack as long as it is accompanied by an extremely large cheque.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TMELcfc said:

I don't know, my expectations might have risen from relegation fodder to mid table mediocrity over the last 5-6 years, but it would never had lowered itself to Jannick Vestergaard levels... 

targeting the various individual players,is running from the major issues..Vestergaard is far being near the base of our problems,in fact any decent squad should carry the odd 1-2 misfiring players,even encouraging & hoping they might come good,even as fringe players….

But there is a deep cynical side in the modern social-media weaponed football fan.

I have said often enough Rodgers is not getting his Foxes charges delivering over a long time. No matter of our situation a manager/coach should get his players

continually performing,even if turning results are difficult to muster.

As all fans,I am clueless,to what is happening in LCFC corridors & those closed doors…Any manager has to make me as a fan happy,over more occasions.

There is no intrigue or conspiracy theories,I deny anybody the right to go on character assignation campaigns…BUT Rodgers is failing in the simplest of things…more disliked managers,have had squads that put in shifts & performances,even when relegated….Odd poor game,is part of football,but this is non-excusable,there are NO mitigating circumstances for consistent  poor tactical non front-foot football

Rodgers ain’t doing it..

If the whole management after Corona,want time and space,if the business concept is under stress and in trouble , talk explain to the fan base..They will understand. No words,no info exchange…Then only the football counts & every Blamage in performance is inexcusable….We all have world worrying problems in our lives, football should be fun, & not part of them…

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

The Fofana, Chilwell and Maguire fees all came under him. 3 of the four biggest in our history.

Exactly, in fact that our net spend is 10m proves he's been backed incredibly well if anything, that's 200m he's had.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hamilton Fox said:

I know what he’s spent in total but if your always having to sell some of the best players in the league because you don’t have any money to buy players yourself eventually your gonna run out of luck and not going to be able to replace them and slowly get worse. Doesn’t help that Rodgers buys are are mainly shit accepted. 

Every single club outside the top few have to sell their best players. That is the reality.

It’s not like we sold that many anyway. We just got huge fees. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Someone needs to ask him what Brighton's net spend is, just for some context.

According to this:

17) Brighton: £-62m
22/23: £56.03m
21/22: £3.15m (9th)
20/21: £-7.11m (16th)
19/20: £-59.8m (15th)
18/19: £-66.24m (17th)

18) Leicester: £-35.48m
22/23: £57.96m
21/22: £-57.24m (8th)
20/21: £-3.8m (5th)
19/20: £-14.22m (5th)
18/19: £-16.92m (9th)

https://www.football365.com/news/transfers-premier-league-five-year-net-spend-man-utd-man-city

7 minutes ago, Babylon said:

£110m ish on Perez, Praet, Soumare, Vestergaard and Daka. And he doesn’t even want to play any of them FFS.

He was playing Soumare and Daka before injury so that’s not true is it? Perez, Praet and Vestergaard are true though

• Like 1

There’s a lot to unpack with the selectivity of the net spend metric but for me the biggest thing is that it’s not even like the players we’ve sold for huge fees were our best players when we sold them. 

Sure, in an ideal world we would have kept Maguire, Chilwell and Fofana because they’re good players but none of them (with the possible exception of Fofana) were pivotal to the way we play.

Maguire’s replacement was already in the squad and that following season there was pretty unanimous assent that we’d sold our 3rd best centre back. 

In each instance we’ve sold probably our 3rd-5th most important player (one at a time as well, it’s not like he has the rug pulled from under him) for astronomical sums of money. Despite the enormous sums of money at its disposal and years to improve new recruits and existing players, the club has then failed  to adequately replace these players (again, not our best players). Even the most desperate Rodgers apologist will concede he has some involvement in signing off transfers and clearly he is responsible for coaching.

Compare this to Leeds (for example) who sold their two best players in one summer, or Brighton who’ve sold key players in White and Bissouma in recent years. Or even under Ranieri when we lost Kante or Puel when we lost Mahrez - absolutely pivotal players (and actually for not very much money unlike the 3 we’ve sold in recent years). We’ve not been through anything like that under Rodgers.

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Yes, it's the excuses thing that gets me too. I'm not sure who BR is addressing these comments to or why, but does he not consider the effect on the squad? Way to go Bren, really motivational.

I have a feeing he couldn't care less  (Pls see my last post) 

The only thing he cares about is Brand Brendan and protecting his reputation...

I believe he's done similar in the past according to posters on other teams forums and their visits to ours - and I looks like we are suffering a similar fate to them.

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He was playing Soumare and Daka before injury so that’s not true is it? Perez, Praet and Vestergaard are true though

How many league games they started since they’ve been here each. Soumare was on his way out in the summer FFS. 

44 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We replaced Maguire and Chiwell in house as well with what many would say were better players in JJ and Soyuncu. £200m for those three is a bonanza and even Real Madrid would have sold those three for that money. 

He came here when we had 10 outstanding players and just needed a top class RW, he has overseen this mess and under his watch we've seen our brilliant 22yo players become bang average like Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Barnes. JJ could be in that category with his injury issues and Maddison is the only one who has kicked on and improved.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gerard said:

We replaced Maguire and Chiwell in house as well with what many would say were better players in JJ and Soyuncu. £200m for those three is a bonanza and even Real Madrid would have sold those three for that money. 

He came here when we had 10 outstanding players and just needed a top class RW, he has overseen this mess and under his watch we've seen our brilliant 22yo players become bang average like Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Barnes. JJ could be in that category with his injury issues and Maddison is the only one who has kicked on and improved.

Barnes has improved if you look at his goals and assists compared to when he came back from his loan.

I'd argue Tielemans has, too, given the way he commands games.

Several others, though, have regressed or stalled. Unfortunately so.

Just to put another idea forward. Is the lack of activity the owners saying “we don’t trust the judgement of players” we got a new head of recruitment in after the transfer window, so they didn’t want to spend the money on potential poor acquisitions? 

I do believe covid, current world affairs has affected the KP revenue and they have hoped for the club would be self sustaining with sales. But obviously that didn’t happen. 

The counter claim I can hear you say is “why didn’t they sack him if they didn’t trust him”. Maybe they believe he can keep us up and at the end of the season the compensation package will be less? 

The rate Potter is going, he’ll be available soon and might be worth the risk as I don’t think his management style suits big time Charlie players. Give him a blank canvas and it might be worth a pop.

Hopefully we can survive and even if we can get a good loan (lookman style) that would help massively. 

Not defending Rodgers at all, as I don’t like the tone of his interview with BBC, but there might be more to it than we are aware to. 

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

Just to put another idea forward. Is the lack of activity the owners saying “we don’t trust the judgement of players” we got a new head of recruitment in after the transfer window, so they didn’t want to spend the money on potential poor acquisitions? 

I do believe covid, current world affairs has affected the KP revenue and they have hoped for the club would be self sustaining with sales. But obviously that didn’t happen. 

The counter claim I can hear you say is “why didn’t they sack him if they didn’t trust him”. Maybe they believe he can keep us up and at the end of the season the compensation package will be less? 

The rate Potter is going, he’ll be available soon and might be worth the risk as I don’t think his management style suits big time Charlie players. Give him a blank canvas and it might be worth a pop.

Hopefully we can survive and even if we can get a good loan (lookman style) that would help massively. 

Not defending Rodgers at all, as I don’t like the tone of his interview with BBC, but there might be more to it than we are aware to. 

I think Top genuinely rates him. I bumped into him after the Man City home game and I asked him on the spot why he decided to keep Brendan. He talked about how great he was and that he thought we had a tough start to the season with fixtures, but thought we were on the up and hoped we would start climbing the table (which we actually did to be fair to him). 

• Thanks 1