Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

£110m ish on Perez, Praet, Soumare, Vestergaard and Daka. And he doesn’t even want to play any of them FFS.

When you lay the names bare it's mad that people say he hasn't been backed really. Makes me a little more sympathetic to Top, why would you continue pouring money down the Rodgers talent drain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He doesn't in the slightest. Regardless of if you agree with his statements, which for what it's worth I think he's got a point but he's also a huge hypocrite, I don't think you can argue against the fact he's had two choices. One of them was to try and create what you said. The other was to throw everyone else under the bus to protect his own reputation.

Rodgers would rather everyone thought he was a good manager than be a good manager. This is why he needs to go.

Yes and it’s basically posturing to future employers - “it wasn’t my fault, honest.”

1 hour ago, Gerard said:

We replaced Maguire and Chiwell in house as well with what many would say were better players in JJ and Soyuncu. £200m for those three is a bonanza and even Real Madrid would have sold those three for that money. 

He came here when we had 10 outstanding players and just needed a top class RW, he has overseen this mess and under his watch we've seen our brilliant 22yo players become bang average like Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Barnes. JJ could be in that category with his injury issues and Maddison is the only one who has kicked on and improved.

Both would walk into our side and JJ and Soyuncu are good players but not better. 

14 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Both would walk into our side and JJ and Soyuncu are good players but not better. 

Agree with Chilwell, he is a class above JJ if take off our blue tinted glasses.

Maguire couldn’t play the high line that lead to so much success for us/Rodgers in his first two years.

Think back to Bournemouth when Wilson and King showed all of the flaws in Maguire’s game.

9 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

Agree with Chilwell, he is a class above JJ if take off our blue tinted glasses.

Maguire couldn’t play the high line that lead to so much success for us/Rodgers in his first two years.

Think back to Bournemouth when Wilson and King showed all of the flaws in Maguire’s game.

I can think back to Bournemouth exposing the flaws in Soyuncu and then only Callum Wilson to do it a season later for Newcastle as wel

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I can think back to Bournemouth exposing the flaws in Soyuncu and then only Callum Wilson to do it a season later for Newcastle as wel

Touché.

The difference in that was the whole team imploded with Kasper smashing a ball into Ndidi’s back from memory.

Joshua King looked like prime Pele against Maguire.

Still stick that Cags in the 2019/20 season was a better CB for us than Maguire ever was.

2 hours ago, ealingfox said:

The 10 million net spend is statpadded by the Fofana transfer.

Do not forget that last summer he was backed to the tune of our biggest ever net spend, and we got worse as a result. He hasn't been backed in the last couple of windows but the idea he hasn't been backed at all is delusional.

All the ‘net’ spend argument shows is that the previous management were excellent at recruitment and the club was run well economically. Just because Villa and Everton want to waste money doesn’t mean we should either. We all remember what happened in the early 00’s.

Rodgers trying to justify replacing Maguire with Vestergaard, Kasper with Ward, Chilwell with Bertrand and destroying a raft of players in between (Soyuncu, Ndidi, Ian).

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Just to put another idea forward. Is the lack of activity the owners saying “we don’t trust the judgement of players” we got a new head of recruitment in after the transfer window, so they didn’t want to spend the money on potential poor acquisitions? 

I do believe covid, current world affairs has affected the KP revenue and they have hoped for the club would be self sustaining with sales. But obviously that didn’t happen. 

The counter claim I can hear you say is “why didn’t they sack him if they didn’t trust him”. Maybe they believe he can keep us up and at the end of the season the compensation package will be less? 

The rate Potter is going, he’ll be available soon and might be worth the risk as I don’t think his management style suits big time Charlie players. Give him a blank canvas and it might be worth a pop.

Hopefully we can survive and even if we can get a good loan (lookman style) that would help massively. 

Not defending Rodgers at all, as I don’t like the tone of his interview with BBC, but there might be more to it than we are aware to. 

..in a sense, the non spend in the summer echoed what a lot of FT posters were looking for!!!

For it to have come about without him being ousted was very strange, Top was not going to sack him and the players were never going to listened to, if that was the reason Kasper went.

Rodgers has mentioned enough times that there will be money available this January, so let's see who we bring in.

1 hour ago, shiv said:

I think Top genuinely rates him. I bumped into him after the Man City home game and I asked him on the spot why he decided to keep Brendan. He talked about how great he was and that he thought we had a tough start to the season with fixtures, but thought we were on the up and hoped we would start climbing the table (which we actually did to be fair to him). 

Great, looks like we're stuck with Brendan, even if we end up in the championship. 

20 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I make it 8 transfer windows he’s been here, in which time he’s been able to sign  just 11 players. Whilst losing the likes of

Schmeichel, Fuchs, Chilwell, Fofana, Maguire, Morgan etc. 

Yes he’s been here a while, but he hasn’t really been able to build a squad had he? Most clubs bring in that many players in a season, especially when we are playing European football. 
Of the 11 he’s brought in it’s a real mixed bag, but all bar 2 have added extra quality to the squad. 
The last 3 windows, and now we’re half way through another window and we’ve brought in 1 player, to a squad every man and his dog can see needed replacements brought into. We knew on the summer we needed a refresh, it just hasn’t happened. 

George Best on his life "I spent a lot of my money on booze, women and fast cars; the rest I just wasted"

Brendan Rodgers on his Leicester City tenure.."I spent a lot of their money on Perez, Daka and Soumare; the rest I wasted on Bertrand and Vestergaard"