Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I am actually past frustration at Rodgers now.

He's just doing what anyone would do and picking up his healthy wage.

This is all on Top and his complete incompetence. Keep your free mince pies and warm Sangha and sort out the club.

Edited by adejo92
  • Haha 1

People will defend this guy saying there hasn't been investment in the squad, but I now have that horrible feeling I had in the pit of my stomach that I last had in March 2015, when we would lose every week, I still believed something could be possible if we could just win one game, now in a better situation with a better team than that, I don't feel that way.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tanya said:

Even if BR goes, it won't fix the problems in this club.

No money. No investment. Recruitment, when we do it, is poor.

Players who helped surge us to victory are now well past their prime.

BR is a problem. But he isn't the only one.

This shouldn't be used as a defence of him though. Yes there's loads wrong currently but first things first he needs to go

• Like 1

On 29/12/2022 at 09:47, funkyrobot said:

I know I’ve said this before but I wish Rodger’s would recruit a throw in coach. We are vulnerable at them when with the ball and when defending throw ins. There was a distinct reluctance to move and want the ball from the throw ins against Newcastle. Thomas was continually forced to chuck the ball backwards to a centre half and Newcastle instantly reacted with a fast press. When it came to their throws we pretty much let them take them uncontested. The level of passivity in this team at the moment is painful. 

That second goal from Newcastle in tonight’s match (not the KP match I was commenting on above) was yet another example of absolutely slack marking and defending from a throw in. We’d had a warning a few minutes earlier. Its basic can’t be arsed parks football on a Sunday after a night on the lash. We just can’t be arsed to mark or even progress with our own throws. 

1 minute ago, Beachyboy said:

People will defend this guy saying there hasn't been investment in the squad, but I now have that horrible feeling I had in the pit of my stomach that I last had in March 2015, when we would lose every week, I still believed something could be possible if we could just win one game, now in a better situation with a better team than that, I don't feel that way.

Nah cos at least with Pearson there was obvious fight, just unlucky for most of the season. Now we're down to dregs of players that were good, but have been trained to be shite. As well as shite training regimes, tactics and obviously injuries. It's appalling.

• Like 1

Tell you what though, the high fiving and backslapping at successfully managing to execute a basic piece of defending has been top drawer, superb technique shown.

Some good acknowledgements of massively overhit, yet well intentioned passes as well

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

This shouldn't be used as a defence of him though. Yes there's loads wrong currently but first things first he needs to go

I am not defending him. But I am merely saying the problems at this club are deeply rooted. Our owners have been fantastic, but Top needs to prove he is a worthy successor to his father. BR needs to go, but our recruitment and other departments need to be much better.

• Like 1