Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Haha just heard that interview, does he seriously think we can make Europe next season? 

The year is 2026, LCFC finds themselves in the Champions League final, after having bollocked their way up from the Championship back into the Premier League. Does the foxes have what it take to beat Real Madrid?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike1983 said:

Haha just heard that interview, does he seriously think we can make Europe next season? 

The year is 2026, LCFC finds themselves in the Champions League final, after having bollocked their way up from the Championship back into the Premier League. Does the foxes have what it take to beat Real Madrid?

2026? More like in league one facing opposition like Shrewsbury and MK Dons.

It amazes me how spoilt other club's supporters think we are. They genuinely think Rodgers is a good manager and we are lucky to have him. Are they on smack?

I imagine they'll say how awful we are when we inevitably turn on the owners aswell after everything they've done for us. Doesn't matter they have kept an inept manager in post and not spent a penny on the squad recently.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

Let's just say all is not well in the camp. That's all I can share. 

Wife swapping led to gonnorhea outbreak? Whose most likely to be the filthy animal with gonorrhea?

1 hour ago, Molson Canadian said:

🗣️ Brendan Rodgers: “Look at our net spend since I’ve been here, it’s about £10m, in the 3 years I’ve been here. Compare that to our competitors, like Aston Villa, West Ham, Newcastle. It’s over £250m. It’s a big difference. I think I’m a decent coach, but I’m not a magician."

Oh ya, big net spend and westham is below us and won fuk all. Villa, not far above us and won fuk all lately. Newcastle punching above their weight this year but we all know they got that oil money so don't count moving forward...but also won fuk all.

Our squad is not top 6 but also is not bottom 6.

Net spend arguements are a joke.

Brendan, thanks for the fa cup but seriously please leave.

...Think vardy could player-manage a better ending to our season at this point lol.

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Wife swapping led to gonnorhea outbreak? Whose most likely to be the filthy animal with gonorrhea?

Oh ya, big net spend and westham is below us and won fuk all. Villa, not far above us and won fuk all lately. Newcastle punching above their weight this year but we all know they got that oil money so don't count moving forward...but also won fuk all.

Our squad is not top 6 but also is not bottom 6.

Net spend arguements are a joke.

Brendan, thanks for the fa cup but seriously please leave.

...Think vardy could player-manage a better ending to our season at this point lol.

On our day, you are right but those days are becoming few and far between. Tonights effort was not even bottom 6

3 hours ago, oxtonfox said:

Agree but probably cost us £12 mill to pay him off and our board will likely say we could spend that in the transfer market. 

Personally I’d say get Dyche in regardless - we’re getting to that point now. I’m sick of Rodgers, I’m sure the players are too. I suspect the board think differently though

It doesn't really work like that.  We continue to pay him until he gets another job, and if that pays less, we continue making up the gap until the end of his contract.  If he wants to settle it would be for a far lower amount.  He would back himself to get another job, and the board has to hope he is right.

• Like 1

This cvnt has got me googling ‘can you watch Championship matches in the US’

If you’re wondering, apparently if you’re outside the U.K. you can watch every Championship game either through iFollow or lcfc tv if they choose to set up there. A quick scan of other team’s platforms says the average cost is $10 a game. $460. Cheaper than a flight home I guess lol 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

The Rodgers Induced Stages Of Grief:

Denial - Even after all this time and all this failure, some are still here at Stage 1. “It’s not true, he’s not a complete penis,” they say. “And you shouldn’t even say penis anyway because it’s rude and stuff.”

Anger - Things that are true, swearing and insults are big and they are clever. It’s perfectly normal to call him a penis, don’t listen to those still at the last stage. Get set to think about what you’ll be prepared to sacrifice to get him out of the club.

Bargaining - Pleading with Top on FT to take action is like making some shit promise to a god you don’t believe in to let you win the lottery. Likewise, feel free to tell everyone how you aren’t going to buy anything from the store until it’s all sorted even if it won’t change anything. Don’t stop saying it, it will help Matt move on from screaming the word ‘Twat’ out of his bedroom window and get to Stage 3.

Depression - By this stage you are fully aware that you are as significant to LCFC and King Power as an ant is to the universe. You have no control over the madness swirling around the club and you see nothing but a bleak future. One so bad that no magic tricks will ever be performed. Lethargy courses through your body to the extent that you can’t be bothered to leave the ground 15 minutes early anymore. But then you probably didn’t make it to the ground because you’re still in bed with the curtains shut, weeping gently as BBC Leicester details another sterling Rodgers tactical masterclass ending in defeat. You don’t want to listen to the post match interview, you just don’t have the energy to get up and turn it off.

Acceptance - But one day you’ll get here. You’ll climb out of bed and open those curtains. The sun is peaking over the roof opposite and a bird is singing. With a sense of relief, you know it all isn’t important any longer, it doesn’t matter, he’s never going anywhere (other than guiding us to the Championship). It’s all starting to seem rather funny now, as funny as using the word penis.

I’m not miffed that people still want to keep Rodgers here, people who can’t vote correctly in forum polls, it’s not their fault. We are simply more mature and have processed our grief faster. We’re just better people than those stuck at Stage 1 are. They might think they’re chilled and being analytical - denial is a strong force.

I just read that to herself, no arguments in this Commonwealth Dags. Although, the overuse of penis is something she aint used to

• Haha 1

On 03/01/2023 at 22:13, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Lmao have I been living in your head all this time? You posted your original post after an incredible run, it was ludicrous to even suggest it after that upturn

Yeah today wasnt great, today and Liverpool we should have won. But we didn't thanks to rotten luck and piss poor finishing.

Hey now 

How about now  ?  

Come on, put up your impassioned mumblings for another laugh over here.  

3 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

Hey now 

How about now  ?  

Come on, put up your impassioned mumblings for another laugh over here.  

I made quite valid points, but you chose not to reply to them and instead wait untill another defeat and chirp up like a sparrow.

You're boring, at least add something valid to the discussion.

Guest Chocolate Teapot

If Rodgers gets sacked after losing to Forest then I'll personally be disappointed. Not because its undeserved or there's no logic in a change, results have been poor for a while now and he has a significant role to play in that.

However I can't simply blame him in all this mess and think that simply by changing him then all our problems go away.

I don't know who on earth takes the job post him? Who in their right mind takes a squad that's had no investment for a long period if time and a squad who several of don't want to be here.

If you're running a football Club in a way that means players aren't renewing contracts, your best players want to leave and you're not investing over a long period of time you genuinely must be a miracle worker to turn it around. 

You've got to at least spend some money this jan and give him till end of Feb to turn it around. He's clearly a capable manager when back. Every side outside of the top 6 and Newcastle would take last season as a good one yet we think it's a disaster. Some of it is perspective on how good we've had it but we'd all take that again as a good season.

I know we all need a scapegoat and someone to apportion absolute blame on but I honestly feel sorry for Rodgers. He knows what the problems are in the team but it appears everyone thinks he should be able to fix it alone because he's well paid.

To add to that, I'm not having some of the personal insults given to him - anyone I know that's ever met said he's a really nice person. To those people being brave on the Internet and calling him allsorts really make question what anyone is in it for. 

4 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If Rodgers gets sacked after losing to Forest then I'll personally be disappointed. Not because its undeserved or there's no logic in a change, results have been poor for a while now and he has a significant role to play in that.

However I can't simply blame him in all this mess and think that simply by changing him then all our problems go away.

I don't know who on earth takes the job post him? Who in their right mind takes a squad that's had no investment for a long period if time and a squad who several of don't want to be here.

If you're running a football Club in a way that means players aren't renewing contracts, your best players want to leave and you're not investing over a long period of time you genuinely must be a miracle worker to turn it around. 

You've got to at least spend some money this jan and give him till end of Feb to turn it around. He's clearly a capable manager when back. Every side outside of the top 6 and Newcastle would take last season as a good one yet we think it's a disaster. Some of it is perspective on how good we've had it but we'd all take that again as a good season.

I know we all need a scapegoat and someone to apportion absolute blame on but I honestly feel sorry for Rodgers. He knows what the problems are in the team but it appears everyone thinks he should be able to fix it alone because he's well paid.

To add to that, I'm not having some of the personal insults given to him - anyone I know that's ever met said he's a really nice person. To those people being brave on the Internet and calling him allsorts really make question what anyone is in it for. 

This is the big one, I've always fancied us as a great club for a manager to walk in to crack on with. But for the first time in easily 10/15 years we look an awful proposition for a manager

Like you said, no investment, no players want to stay, players we are linked with and talk too seemingly don't want to come, and owners that have gone very quiet.

We don't look great, I really don't know whowe would be able to attract, and if they would even be better than Rodgers 

23 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

This is the big one, I've always fancied us as a great club for a manager to walk in to crack on with. But for the first time in easily 10/15 years we look an awful proposition for a manager

Like you said, no investment, no players want to stay, players we are linked with and talk too seemingly don't want to come, and owners that have gone very quiet.

We don't look great, I really don't know whowe would be able to attract, and if they would even be better than Rodgers 

They definitely would be!

7 hours ago, SecretPro said:

History in the FA Cup? We won it and then got pummeled as reigning Champions by a shocking Forest side. Basically what our History in the FA Cup amounts to. 

We basically spearheaded Forest’s promotion charge too

I hold Rodgers partially responsible for Forest even being in the premier league 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1