Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Get out of our club, 

Get out of our club,

Brendan Rodgers,

Get out of our club.

Anyone at Forest fancy getting this going when it inevitably goes pear shaped?

We need to be angry, vocal and proactive. Not passive and quiet.

And it needs to be sung even if we win!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

The Rodgers Induced Stages Of Grief:

Denial - Even after all this time and all this failure, some are still here at Stage 1. “It’s not true, he’s not a complete penis,” they say. “And you shouldn’t even say penis anyway because it’s rude and stuff.”

Anger - Things that are true, swearing and insults are big and they are clever. It’s perfectly normal to call him a penis, don’t listen to those still at the last stage. Get set to think about what you’ll be prepared to sacrifice to get him out of the club.

Bargaining - Pleading with Top on FT to take action is like making some shit promise to a god you don’t believe in to let you win the lottery. Likewise, feel free to tell everyone how you aren’t going to buy anything from the store until it’s all sorted even if it won’t change anything. Don’t stop saying it, it will help Matt move on from screaming the word ‘Twat’ out of his bedroom window and get to Stage 3.

Depression - By this stage you are fully aware that you are as significant to LCFC and King Power as an ant is to the universe. You have no control over the madness swirling around the club and you see nothing but a bleak future. One so bad that no magic tricks will ever be performed. Lethargy courses through your body to the extent that you can’t be bothered to leave the ground 15 minutes early anymore. But then you probably didn’t make it to the ground because you’re still in bed with the curtains shut, weeping gently as BBC Leicester details another sterling Rodgers tactical masterclass ending in defeat. You don’t want to listen to the post match interview, you just don’t have the energy to get up and turn it off.

Acceptance - But one day you’ll get here. You’ll climb out of bed and open those curtains. The sun is peaking over the roof opposite and a bird is singing. With a sense of relief, you know it all isn’t important any longer, it doesn’t matter, he’s never going anywhere (other than guiding us to the Championship). It’s all starting to seem rather funny now, as funny as using the word penis.

I’m not miffed that people still want to keep Rodgers here, people who can’t vote correctly in forum polls, it’s not their fault. We are simply more mature and have processed our grief faster. We’re just better people than those stuck at Stage 1 are. They might think they’re chilled and being analytical - denial is a strong force.

I'm definitely at Stage 5 now

16 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

This is the big one, I've always fancied us as a great club for a manager to walk in to crack on with. But for the first time in easily 10/15 years we look an awful proposition for a manager

Like you said, no investment, no players want to stay, players we are linked with and talk too seemingly don't want to come, and owners that have gone very quiet.

We don't look great, I really don't know whowe would be able to attract, and if they would even be better than Rodgers 

The only saving grace would be if players do want to stay and play for Leicester City but don’t necessarily want to play for Brendan Rodgers and I would hazard a guess if a change were to be made, we would see an improved atmosphere and renewed energy throughout the squad. 

I agree Rodgers hasn’t had the benefit of bringing in many new players over the last 3 transfer windows and things as a result have stagnated and I agree with Chocolate Teapot that if you meet him he is a nice guy, however I don’t play football for him and it’s clear that he has alienated some players who if managed correctly could still have been assets that would help with rotation to manage work load and drop offs in form.  Whilst he is a nice guy and media friendly that doesn’t mean he is necessarily a good man manager and when his back is against the wall, he is more than happy to come out swinging and throwing anyone and everyone under the bus to protect his own reputation. 

The club have given him lots of resources and support to deliver success, which he did, however the last 2 seasons has seen a decline and as a result the club are now having to cut its cloth accordingly. Whilst people may have some sympathy with Rodgers for the lack of recent investment, that still does not make him immune from blame & accountability for how sharp the level of decline has been. I believe it’s time for a change as we have become stale and given our finances, a change of manager who can reenergise and reinvigorate this squad is a far better option than a complete rebuild of a squad that has shown with decent coaching, an engaged manager, good team structure and tactics is more than capable of challenging the top half and for cups, and for that reason I think there will be a decent calibre managers interested in taking the club forward. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Stinky said:

Lets be honest, if we outplayed Newcastle but somehow lost tonight, 90% of this forum would still be up in arms about the result

Decent performances from this manager and this team are few and far between and have been for years.

This season alone has seen some of the worst performances since Jason Jarrett was in our midfield. 

• Like 4

I do think the staleness around the club may need him to go to remove it, and I share much of @Chocolate Teapot thoughts, as never been a fan of trash talking to anyone in a position relevant to the club due to the lack of clarity provided, also its not just a team game on the pitch but behind the scenes too. So yes, he should probably go (but he won't) and the new manager bounce would no doubt be heralded as proof of his failiures (Or perhaps some will use it as indictment of their own blaggardly hubris) , but their is something awry at the club at present and I fear the cause is way beyond one man.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

I do think the staleness around the club may need him to go to remove it, and I share much of @Chocolate Teapot thoughts, as never been a fan of trash talking to anyone in a position relevant to the club due to the lack of clarity provided, also its not just a team game on the pitch but behind the scenes too. So yes, he should probably go (but he won't) and the new manager bounce would no doubt be heralded as proof of his failiures (Or perhaps some will use it as indictment of their own blaggardly hubris) , but their is something awry at the club at present and I fear the cause is way beyond one man.

The reality is that we need a quick fix solution and a bounce. It won’t solve the issues going on behind the scenes but it would do team morale the world of good to have a manager that isn’t constantly berating them publicly every time he gets the chance. No wonder half of them don’t want to be here when the manager is saying he isn’t a ‘miracle worker’ and he ‘has to work with what he has’.

No doubt many of them would benefit from a fresh perspective on training methods, never seen a group of professionals look so knackered and broken down after a 6 week break.

1 minute ago, Dames said:

The reality is that we need a quick fix solution and a bounce. It won’t solve the issues going on behind the scenes but it would do team morale the world of good to have a manager that isn’t constantly berating them publicly every time he gets the chance. No wonder half of them don’t want to be here when the manager is saying he isn’t a ‘miracle worker’ and he ‘has to work with what he has’.

No doubt many of them would benefit from a fresh perspective on training methods, never seen a group of professionals look so knackered and broken down after a 6 week break.

I am unsure if this is even a factor tbh, even last night they made the point (In the Newcastle Fan Show showing the Leicester game) that Eddie Howe berated his team after their Leeds game, it is just part of the role, and much of bile spouted at him is imagined and comes from littlte substance, but as I say, he probably should go, just to refreshen us up and let us "clean house"

10 hours ago, nathan. said:

I hope we lose to forest to sack this ****!

I don't want to lose any game, particularly not one as 6 pointer-ish as Forest. I too want Rodgers gone but I don't see it happening, regardless of the results. If what we read is even remotely true (i.e. no money, and we can certainly see the signs of that) then paying off Rodgers will be a huge factor. And then, as pointed out, with no money then we're not an attractive proposition to any would-be manager. 

Nope, we'll get a couple of signings this window and plod on, fingers crossed, with him. We'll hope we stay up, put up with his inevitable sulking then reassess in summer. It's certainly a gamble but we've few cards to play.. It's a course of action somewhat forced on us. 

The squad isn't the best, and injuries aren't helping us, but Rodgers should be able to get us playing better than we are. Will he though?  The club are putting a lot of faith into someone that can behave like a spoilt child; dangerous gamble indeed. 

9 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

You know things are shit when you start feeling nostalgic for Claude 

I was probably among the last to turn on him, and even then I think there was a healthy peer group influence in my turning. I could see what he was trying to do. The football was turgid, yes, but I had a respect for the task he had, or had taken on whichever. He was swimming against a tide in some respects too. I thought he needed more time so I was reluctantly 'Puel out', let's put it that way. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:

You can still get 12-1 on him to go next with sky bet. 5 other managers are shorter priced.

Nowhere near getting sacked if that’s accurate.

We cannot afford to sack him and either a) keep paying his wages and paying another managers or b) pay him off outright.

I really think if we had the financial wiggle room it would have happened by now. 

He’s not going anywhere. 

• Like 2

Went to jump in my car and my Neighbour put a copy of the Newcastle United Official Annual for 2023 on my wind screen, I was going to give it him back and smile about it, as he is a decent lad, with good banter, but instead I decided to do the decent thing and destroy it. Cheers Brendan and all the players at LCFC for an unforgettable cup game.

3 hours ago, Le Renard said:

I didn't want to watch it last night against Newcastle, I knew it was going to be like having a root canal done at the dentist.  Rodgers has brought me down to level of having no hope, he has made us so painful to watch, I'd rather go to bed and have a good nights sleep than watch the s**t show!  The emperor's new clothes were there to see 18 months back, now lets hope the board can see it.

I've had root canal and I can confirm that it was far more enjoyable than watching us last night. In fact it's not even close. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If Rodgers gets sacked after losing to Forest then I'll personally be disappointed. Not because its undeserved or there's no logic in a change, results have been poor for a while now and he has a significant role to play in that.

However I can't simply blame him in all this mess and think that simply by changing him then all our problems go away.

I don't know who on earth takes the job post him? Who in their right mind takes a squad that's had no investment for a long period if time and a squad who several of don't want to be here.

If you're running a football Club in a way that means players aren't renewing contracts, your best players want to leave and you're not investing over a long period of time you genuinely must be a miracle worker to turn it around. 

You've got to at least spend some money this jan and give him till end of Feb to turn it around. He's clearly a capable manager when back. Every side outside of the top 6 and Newcastle would take last season as a good one yet we think it's a disaster. Some of it is perspective on how good we've had it but we'd all take that again as a good season.

I know we all need a scapegoat and someone to apportion absolute blame on but I honestly feel sorry for Rodgers. He knows what the problems are in the team but it appears everyone thinks he should be able to fix it alone because he's well paid.

To add to that, I'm not having some of the personal insults given to him - anyone I know that's ever met said he's a really nice person. To those people being brave on the Internet and calling him allsorts really make question what anyone is in it for. 

Don’t feel sorry for him for a second, I’ve never despised a manager so much, but you are right - a simple change of manager doesn’t fix our problems. Once more, we are a broken club from Top to bottom. Literally.

We need a complete refurb ala Pearson’s in the third tier, and the club desperately need to remember that fan engagement goes well beyond a free beer at the same time. We are a shambles of a Championship club in all but current status.

Most people know that there are more issues than just Rodgers, but for me, even before COVID, there were some awful performances, a long injury list and utter BS in post match conferences. He hasn’t changed over night, it’s just we have had one window where we didn’t bring him some of the dross, that he has admitted himself, he’s played a part in. 

So he needs to go, just to start a new cycle and break this one 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

I am unsure if this is even a factor tbh, even last night they made the point (In the Newcastle Fan Show showing the Leicester game) that Eddie Howe berated his team after their Leeds game, it is just part of the role, and much of bile spouted at him is imagined and comes from littlte substance, but as I say, he probably should go, just to refreshen us up and let us "clean house"

Criticising your team for a one-off poor performance is one thing, but Rodgers has been doing this every single week for more than a year. When we had that terrible run-in last season, it was because we needed 'a summer rebuild' and the players he had aren't good enough. Cut to now and he's claiming he'd have to be a 'magician' to get anything out of this squad without new additions. If you keep hammering home that message every single week, the players will start to believe that they're not good enough - and they will play like it too. The man who is supposed to manage them and get the best out of them doesn't believe they have what it takes, and he's not just telling them that, he's telling the world that. Confidence and morale must be at an all time low, and that is one thing we CAN fix by bringing in someone who will actually work with the players we have. When fully fit, this is not a bad squad - this is definitely not a squad that should be circling the drain in the Premier League.

He's just made the squad believe that, and he's trying his best to make us believe it, and the wider footballing world believe it - all so he can cover up his own deficiencies as a manager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

He still seems to have the majority of the away support on board. I asked a mate who was there last night and they said there was minimal 'Rodgers out' calls etc.

There wasn’t. I was there, but for me I’m there to support the team.