Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

He's not bothered. He feels he can hide behind the lack of investment and previous results so his reputation will still be in tact. A couple of times though he did look genuinely angry as we passed backwards and slowly. 

It's mainly him but its the people running the football side of the club as well. People have got too comfortable. 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Absolutely, would you however shout that at full time? 

That for me is when it is needed not during a game.

If I really felt it then yes and can understand if others do it. 

I'm sick of the bloke. In my 25 years supporting the club i have never known a manager to publicly call out his players like Rodgers does yet continuously get away with it. 

He makes excuses conveniently just before matches yet no one in the media seems to call him out for it :facepalm:

• Like 1

He's the modern-day Peter Taylor.

Initial success (albeit way more initial success than Tater) turning into drastic decline arising from wasted transfer spending and poor coaching, hamstringing us financially and causing catastrophic damage to the club that will hurt us for years.

Edited by ealingfox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, lee7 said:

I'm sick of the bloke. In my 25 years supporting the club i have never known a manager to publicly call out his players like Rodgers does yet continuously get away with it. 

He makes excuses conveniently just before matches yet no one in the media seems to call him out for it :facepalm:

Simon Jordan did this week but yes he is a media darling and this whole mess is not his fault according to most in the media. Funny that alot in the media are former players yet seem to defend managers more than players. Strange 

1 minute ago, Nolucklcfc said:

“We started well and had to weather the storm” on the clubs interview. He thinks we started well … I don’t get it anymore 

Well we got the ball near their box within 15 seconds of the match and won a throw in, yet still managed to concede a big chance at our end before the first minute was out. 

2 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

If Rodgers gets sacked after losing to Forest then I'll personally be disappointed. Not because its undeserved or there's no logic in a change, results have been poor for a while now and he has a significant role to play in that.

However I can't simply blame him in all this mess and think that simply by changing him then all our problems go away.

I don't know who on earth takes the job post him? Who in their right mind takes a squad that's had no investment for a long period if time and a squad who several of don't want to be here.

If you're running a football Club in a way that means players aren't renewing contracts, your best players want to leave and you're not investing over a long period of time you genuinely must be a miracle worker to turn it around. 

You've got to at least spend some money this jan and give him till end of Feb to turn it around. He's clearly a capable manager when back. Every side outside of the top 6 and Newcastle would take last season as a good one yet we think it's a disaster. Some of it is perspective on how good we've had it but we'd all take that again as a good season.

I know we all need a scapegoat and someone to apportion absolute blame on but I honestly feel sorry for Rodgers. He knows what the problems are in the team but it appears everyone thinks he should be able to fix it alone because he's well paid.

To add to that, I'm not having some of the personal insults given to him - anyone I know that's ever met said he's a really nice person. To those people being brave on the Internet and calling him allsorts really make question what anyone is in it for. 

I don't know who on earth takes the job post him? Who in their right mind takes a squad that's had no investment for a long period if time and a squad who several of don't want to be here.

Plenty of people, it’s the premier league and more options whilst in January than in 3 weeks time when the window is shut and we are rooted to the foot of the table. Plus an actual Chocolate Teapot could get more out of the squad than Rodgers at this point.

He's clearly a capable manager when back. Every side outside of the top 6 and Newcastle would take last season as a good one yet we think it's a disaster. Some of it is perspective on how good we've had it but we'd all take that again as a good season.

If you go off league position and league position alone then maybe this holds up. The performances across the season, the attitude of him and the players and the general trajectory this is a very limited view. 

He knows what the problems are in the team but it appears everyone thinks he should be able to fix it alone because he's well paid.

He has made the issues very much worse and done nothing to try and rectify them. Moaning in the media, throwing everyone under the bus, alienating players and refusing to adapt is not a good manager and not one who is trying to do right by the club.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, taupe said:

I was probably among the last to turn on him, and even then I think there was a healthy peer group influence in my turning. I could see what he was trying to do. The football was turgid, yes, but I had a respect for the task he had, or had taken on whichever. He was swimming against a tide in some respects too. I thought he needed more time so I was reluctantly 'Puel out', let's put it that way. 

I was the same, despite the football, there was a clear plan, recruitment was good, we didn’t have endless injuries and he seemed like a genuinely decent guy.

I hated how people was so vile to him and now lap up Rodgers shite. Claude was 10 times the man Rodgers is. 

24 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Criticising your team for a one-off poor performance is one thing, but Rodgers has been doing this every single week for more than a year. When we had that terrible run-in last season, it was because we needed 'a summer rebuild' and the players he had aren't good enough. Cut to now and he's claiming he'd have to be a 'magician' to get anything out of this squad without new additions. If you keep hammering home that message every single week, the players will start to believe that they're not good enough - and they will play like it too. The man who is supposed to manage them and get the best out of them doesn't believe they have what it takes, and he's not just telling them that, he's telling the world that. Confidence and morale must be at an all time low, and that is one thing we CAN fix by bringing in someone who will actually work with the players we have. When fully fit, this is not a bad squad - this is definitely not a squad that should be circling the drain in the Premier League.

He's just made the squad believe that, and he's trying his best to make us believe it, and the wider footballing world believe it - all so he can cover up his own deficiencies as a manager.

Was going to quote the same post and say basically the same but you have already done it.

Big difference between hairdryer treatment after an awful game to constantly undermining the players and club in the media and sucking any belief out of them. No wonder they are playing like a Sunday league side, he has them believing they are!

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, turlo said:

"No one in midfield passed it properly" yet waited until the 84th minute to change the midfield

image.png.e3a692813aab20225d2f11be91c8f689.png

For was it ever thus, he's boringly predictable now. Mendy, isn't that the guy that's always been able to pass, been here forever but never gets played?

The next thing he'll be saying is that nobody could score a goal until I bought Iheanacho on in the 85th minute! Spooky really. 

• Like 1

Ok, positives; they only scored 2 (and we gifted them those), Ward made a couple of decent saves, Daka was energetic (actually, tbf, I thought he had a good game), it was only  cup game.

Everyone else has adequately covered the negatives.

9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Without trawling through posts what did he say? 

Something along the lines of last nights game having more on it that we perhaps thought, and someone else saying they had heard something kicked off pre-match... between who, I am not sure.