Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Mendy, isn't that the guy that's always been able to pass

Hell yeah! Mr Tickover, or recycle or whatever it's called. A water carrier is what I think Ranieri called him. I've always liked Papy, and value what he does. I hope we'll hang onto him, he'll do us fine next season (in the championship!)

Edited by taupe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dames said:

We cannot afford to sack him and either a) keep paying his wages and paying another managers or b) pay him off outright.

I really think if we had the financial wiggle room it would have happened by now. 

He’s not going anywhere. 

Does anyone in FT have even a rough idea of the overall cost of sacking BR including his backroom team he brought in from celtic? 

It would be helpful to try to put some perspective on the damage that would be done to the club not only for paying them all off but the impact on the clubs transfer monies and buying players and I'm sure a basic calculation could be done starting from the end of this transfer window.

I'm not aware of what BR and his team was given in total in their contracts when they signed that new one after the cup win. I get the impression that maybe, just maybe, we gave him everything he demanded in his new deal rather than negotiate properly and if I remember correctly it was done so quickly as well.

Thanks all who posted…. It makes sense. Last night he looked beaten, battered and bruised. His time here must be done. I mean, imagine losing to Forest again? At least if he has gone Stowell at the very least will install a bit of fight into the team. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

The mighty fin knows nothing!! he's been wrong so many times even I can remember lol and I have brain damage haha 

He will be right one day! Just a matter of probability. God help us all when he guesses one right though. Never hear the end of it!

2 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It shows you that it is wise to ring fence a pot of money to cover the removal of a management regime. I assume LCFC did nothing if the sort.

In fairness, 2020 it looked like some daft twats were going to drop us 20-30m to take him off us! I imagine the club always thought that would happen.

Edited by AjcW
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As furious as I was last night I've now resigned myself to the thinking that so long as we still have a club to support by the time we finally sack him then we'll be alright

How many years are left on his contract? Will we see him managing us in League 1 in two seasons time (as he will keep his job because we can't afford to sack him)?

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

As furious as I was last night I've now resigned myself to the thinking that so long as we still have a club to support by the time we finally sack him then we'll be alright

Don't worry , LCFC will still be rolling along , when Rodgers , the Thais and you and me are consigned to the dustbin of history.

• Like 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
34 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

The mighty fin knows nothing!! he's been wrong so many times even I can remember lol and I have brain damage haha 

Every transfer window he starts piping up like he's some big ITK, he's literally wrong on everything.

25 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

It shows you that it is wise to ring fence a pot of money to cover the removal of a management regime. I assume LCFC did nothing if the sort.

I don’t know how these football contracts work but surely there must be some protection for the club, no one in their right mind would guarantee someone millions of pounds in wages without any sort of performance clause.

11 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I sort of agree with this, but he still has to go. He's caused a good chunk of this and at the same time those above him have also been playing silly beggars and we're a complete mess.

There's a very good chance a new manager doesn't get us firing like we would expect them to but at the very least they come in with motivation, desire, confidence and aren't beaten up by what has happened to them.

I cannot get behind him anymore due to the constant shit he comes out with, not to mention many many other failures.

He's done extremely well here for the first 2.5 seasons, despite some calamitous collapses and I'll always look fondly on those years, as well as his ability to get us scoring 4+ goals in more games than any other manager ever has at this level.

He's now rivalling Peter Taylor though in his final few months with us, it's toxic and will absolutely bury us if we don't put him out of his misery. He'll dust himself off and get another job and no doubt start very well there, all the best to him. Now fcuk off

Largely agree, however, I don’t totally agree with @Chocolate Teapot in terms of backing. Brendan oversaw the biggest summer net spend this club has seen…. So what exactly happened there? He’s also been responsible for four of the most hideous signings in our clubs history. 

Brendan gets no sympathy from me at all, he knew what he was doing when he started waffling on about refresh’s he has probably caused a lot of the fallout himself by coming out and publicly starting this ‘refresh’ talk before the windows had even opened…. Those discussions should have stayed in house and not be used as a stick to hit the club with, because that’s what it feels like he has done. 

It’s clear there’s something mouldy blocking the cogs of the KP machine at the moment, and a change of manager may not save us, however I agree with you… Brendan HAS to go, he doesn’t want to be here anymore, he’s lost all interest and the team reflects his current attitude. The players look lost, clueless bereft of confidence and ideas… there’s no cohesion on the pitch, there’s this awful repetition of a system that isn’t working and there’s a complete lack of leadership. 

The basics are missing, and that’s what will get you relegated, not a lack of quality, but not getting the basics right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Does anyone in FT have even a rough idea of the overall cost of sacking BR including his backroom team he brought in from celtic? 

It would be helpful to try to put some perspective on the damage that would be done to the club not only for paying them all off but the impact on the clubs transfer monies and buying players and I'm sure a basic calculation could be done starting from the end of this transfer window.

I'm not aware of what BR and his team was given in total in their contracts when they signed that new one after the cup win. I get the impression that maybe, just maybe, we gave him everything he demanded in his new deal rather than negotiate properly and if I remember correctly it was done so quickly as well.

As a bare minimum you'll be looking at 25 million for a full pay out, there is no way he negotiates a lower payout. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I sort of agree with this, but he still has to go. He's caused a good chunk of this and at the same time those above him have also been playing silly beggars and we're a complete mess.

There's a very good chance a new manager doesn't get us firing like we would expect them to but at the very least they come in with motivation, desire, confidence and aren't beaten up by what has happened to them.

I cannot get behind him anymore due to the constant shit he comes out with, not to mention many many other failures.

He's done extremely well here for the first 2.5 seasons, despite some calamitous collapses and I'll always look fondly on those years, as well as his ability to get us scoring 4+ goals in more games than any other manager ever has at this level.

He's now rivalling Peter Taylor though in his final few months with us, it's toxic and will absolutely bury us if we don't put him out of his misery. He'll dust himself off and get another job and no doubt start very well there, all the best to him. Now fcuk off

Im not exactly Rogers out though I wouldn't be upset if he went.

That being said, i reckon potential managers would look at our squad and be excited to work with it. Its not a squad of duffers, but a squad of decent players woefully out of form. Even Vestergaard came here as a regular starter for Southampton yet looks like he wouldn't get a game in League 1. As a minimum, he should be an average Premier League defender, not a total bombscare.

We would be an attractive position for many managers I suspect and Rogers has shown that the change in form from good/bad/good can be dramatic with this squad.

• Like 1

On 10/01/2023 at 17:33, Gerard said:

We replaced Maguire and Chiwell in house as well with what many would say were better players in JJ and Soyuncu. £200m for those three is a bonanza and even Real Madrid would have sold those three for that money. 

He came here when we had 10 outstanding players and just needed a top class RW, he has overseen this mess and under his watch we've seen our brilliant 22yo players become bang average like Tielemans, Ndidi, Soyuncu and Barnes. JJ could be in that category with his injury issues and Maddison is the only one who has kicked on and improved.

On 10/01/2023 at 18:45, coolhandfox said:

Both would walk into our side and JJ and Soyuncu are good players but not better. 

On 10/01/2023 at 19:02, SafewayFox said:

Agree with Chilwell, he is a class above JJ if take off our blue tinted glasses.

Maguire couldn’t play the high line that lead to so much success for us/Rodgers in his first two years.

Think back to Bournemouth when Wilson and King showed all of the flaws in Maguire’s game.

I agree with Gérard, and to a point with coolhandfox and safewayfox in that both would probably walk into last nights side but not to replace their replacements.

Maguires issues are highlighted well above, but Chilwell...

He would not replace castagne, especially if he was in a fullbacks partnership with Justin or Ricardo.

Maybe the Chelsea Chilwell who looks streets ahead of the shite he delivered for us, but there was no way indication he could ever do that here. I think the latter 2 above are looking through Rose tinted specs (although I openly admit I look at Chilwell through the shit smeared specs he left me with)

Edited by gw_leics772