Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Dames said:

As a bare minimum you'll be looking at 25 million for a full pay out, there is no way he negotiates a lower payout. 

Ouch that sucks! It'd be great to have someone wipe that off of books! I would imagine that it would free up a lot of weekly salary potential though along with the players going over the next 2 windows. 

13 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Not a sniff of him being under any pressure at all. I'd love to know if the club are even considering relegation as a possibility seeing as a lot of the people culpable for this mess would be in line to lose their jobs when we go down. 

Probably there's a relegation clause in his contract. 

18 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

I’d love us to put him on gardening leave if we can’t afford to sack him. The damage it would do to his ego if Stowell came in and started to turn it around lol

You could argue stowell still being here is part of our bigger problem...

Edited by AjcW
*I can't word that second sentance right so i've binned it off!! HA
  • Like 2

He has adopted a policy of blaming the owners for lack of financial support . It will be interesting to see how much criticism they will take without acting. I am sure he wants out but he knows they do not want to pay him and his team off. He would indeed take them to court for breach of contract if they tried to remove him without paying him up the full amount.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

He has adopted a policy of blaming the owners for lack of financial support . It will be interesting to see how much criticism they will take without acting. I am sure he wants out but he knows they do not want to pay him and his team off. He would indeed take them to court for breach of contract if they tried to remove him without paying him up the full amount.

No reason to believe they will behave any differently to the summer window. I presume the strategy is get through the window, maybe get lucky with a cheap signing, try to steady the ship, get players back from injuries and try to be safe by the end of the season.

Although he is a condescending ***t, he picks his words very carefully. 

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I'd love to know if the club are even considering relegation as a possibility

Here's one for you.... they may even be banking on it. Maybe someone has done some sums somewhere and said 'you know what, it's cheaper to drop down and rebuild from there, with parachute money, than it is to go into the transfer market for a Prem quality squad and pay Prem wages'  

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

You’ve either got to back him or sack him. We’re doing neither at the moment. 

He’s been backed plenty and as hes shown in previous jobs his recruitment is pretty poor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

It reminds me of when puel nearly convinced us vardy was a busted flush already

I think, in an attempted fairness to Puel, he was trying to prepare us for live after Vardy. Foreseeing that Vards wouldn't last forever. He jumped the gun for sure but they day will/has come.

2 hours ago, sm1 said:

That's the headline we need, but unfortunately The Mercury are too busy making excuses for him. 

The mercury are just confused because they can't work out a way to make that headline whilst also referring to a "stance" or "sending a message" or a "transfer decision"

17 hours ago, adejo92 said:

This is all on Top and his complete incompetence. Keep your free mince pies and warm Sangha and sort out the club.

Or at least don't stop us having our free ****ing coconut drink, just because we couldn't put ourselves through that torture until the final whistle

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2023 at 21:41, Tanya said:

Even if BR goes, it won't fix the problems in this club.

No money. No investment. Recruitment, when we do it, is poor.

Players who helped surge us to victory are now well past their prime.

BR is a problem. But he isn't the only one.

When you have lots of problems and it all feels too much, just break them down into smaller problems and deal with them one by one.

Sack that **** first! And it'll get easier from there.

Edited by gw_leics772
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, djskydiver said:

Starting to feel like why should I put the time, effort and money in going down to the KP each week until these start turning up again 😢

I've found opening a beer too much effort whilst watching away games on the box. Trying to enjoy it is just a waste of effort now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Imo I doubt any manager would want to do that as essentially they are killing their career as no club would want to take a manager on who had done that to another club in fear of them doing it to them. That's why this stalemate exists.