Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

You’ve either got to back him or sack him. We’re doing neither at the moment. 

Said exactly this way back at the end of last season/in the summer.

I also stand by my claims that the club wrote the season off before it even began - that becomes more and more apparent the longer this saga goes on.

I don’t like him and I’m not sticking up for him - he is a 🛎️ end and that is a fact - however and there is a however - the state of the squad he has available is a joke - no investment and sold our best defender in the summer - we’ve literally signed 1 player in 3 windows - that is absolutely pathetic from the club - don’t care if it’s top or whelan or Rudkin or whoever else - it’s an absolute shambles - the equation is simple - no recruitment equals standing still or getting worse as players age or want out because they see no recruitment whilst teams around us invest and grow - it’s not rocket science - the club haven’t backed him or sacked him - shocker all around from anyone and everyone in charge - heads should be rolling but I get the feeling top has other priorities - hasn’t got any money or just doesn’t want to bank roll us anymore and has just decided we have enough to not get relegated and Rodger’s would cost to much to sack - it’s not going to get much better but once Maddison and kdh are back and if we can get 1 or 2 in that are bloody better than amartey and Thomas we will be ok - bang average but plenty ok to finish 15th ish 

Edited by jv1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jv1 said:

I don’t like him and I’m not sticking up for him - he is a 🛎️ end and that is a fact - however and there is a however - the state of the squad he has available is a joke - no investment and sold our best defender in the summer - we’ve literally signed 1 player in 3 windows - that is absolutely pathetic from the club - don’t care if it’s top or whelan or Rudkin or whoever else - it’s an absolute shambles - the equation is simple - no recruitment equals standing still or getting worse as players age or want out because they see no recruitment whilst teams around us invest and grow - it’s not rocket science - the club haven’t backed him or sacked him - shocker all around from anyone and everyone in charge - heads should be rolling but I get the feeling top has other priorities - hasn’t got any money or just doesn’t want to bank roll us anymore and has just decided we have enough to not get relegated and Rodger’s would cost to much to sack - it’s not going to get much better but once Maddison and kdh are back and if we can get 1 or 2 in that are bloody better than amartey and Thomas we will be ok - bang average but plenty ok to finish 15th ish 

Which player(s) (that Rodgers and his pal Congerton had us sign) did you want us to leave unregistered while they took millions of pounds from the club?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matt said:

I also stand by my claims that the club wrote the season off before it even began

Out of interest, would you say that includes relegation? I'm sure there will be a just-in-case plan for it, normal contingency planning as you'd expect, but would you think the club might actively plan for it as a foreseen outcome. 

I threw it out there as an off-the-cuff whimsey in another thread somewhere but not for a moment did I mean it as a serious suggestion. I guess we'll see the answer this transfer window; if there's a signing that shows intent, as opposed to a couple of stocking fillers, then maybe the club is fighting to stay up. But could it actually be the case that such is the financial situation, the club cannot afford to operate in the EPL with their current wage bill and meet FFP constraints, or whatever? That relegation would give the club the chance to realign its finances and start over? It makes no sense to me as a business plan but maybe they're hamstrung and need some of these expensive contracts/players to expire/be sold before they have room for manoeuvre again? 

7 hours ago, AjcW said:

Needless to say I hope we're all prepared for the media backlash the club and fans will get when he is eventually booted lol 

I can cope with it. We are gaining nothing from him being here. If a few of his mates are faux outraged then so be it.

You know what, even Rodgers would benefit from leaving.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, taupe said:

Out of interest, would you say that includes relegation? I'm sure there will be a just-in-case plan for it, normal contingency planning as you'd expect, but would you think the club might actively plan for it as a foreseen outcome. 

I threw it out there as an off-the-cuff whimsey in another thread somewhere but not for a moment did I mean it as a serious suggestion. I guess we'll see the answer this transfer window; if there's a signing that shows intent, as opposed to a couple of stocking fillers, then maybe the club is fighting to stay up. But could it actually be the case that such is the financial situation, the club cannot afford to operate in the EPL with their current wage bill and meet FFP constraints, or whatever? That relegation would give the club the chance to realign its finances and start over? It makes no sense to me as a business plan but maybe they're hamstrung and need some of these expensive contracts/players to expire/be sold before they have room for manoeuvre again? 

If the 7 players out of contract are on a combined £500,000 a week that's roughly £25 million a year, given the premiership is supposed to be worth over £100 million to be in, the goal has to be...

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Everything posted on here in the last 200+ pages, is everything we were warned about by the Celtic fan that posted on here, Muzzy_Larsson I think it was.

The injuries, the collecting of midfielders, the passing between the defense without going anywhere, the poor signings and the excuses of not being backed. He absolutely nailed it from day dot!

He also said Scotland would get to the world cup and Haggis is edible

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, snoopy87 said:

Everything posted on here in the last 200+ pages, is everything we were warned about by the Celtic fan that posted on here, Muzzy_Larsson I think it was.

The injuries, the collecting of midfielders, the passing between the defense without going anywhere, the poor signings and the excuses of not being backed. He absolutely nailed it from day dot!

Can anyone find the post?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

If the 7 players out of contract are on a combined £500,000 a week that's roughly £25 million a year, given the premiership is supposed to be worth over £100 million to be in, the goal has to be...

Yes, if we can make it to summer AND stay up then, fingers crossed, we can go again. Albeit it in a slimmed down form. 

We need to be working on those revenue streams! Get some more cash into the club to give us more flexibility.

• Like 1

Should we start preparing for a relegation battle for the remainder of the season? It’s mentally taxing as it is from the fear of being in that situation. I’m really dreading it. It’s been so many years since we’ve been in a dog fight feel like we are a completely different club now not the street fighters we used to be hardened by the yo yo years.

what else can we do other than clinging onto a hope & prayer. If it does happen it will be the biggest news story since we won the title.

6 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Should we start preparing for a relegation battle for the remainder of the season? It’s mentally taxing as it is from the fear of being in that situation. I’m really dreading it. It’s been so many years since we’ve been in a dog fight feel like we are a completely different club now not the street fighters we used to be hardened by the yo yo years.

what else can we do other than clinging onto a hope & prayer. If it does happen it will be the biggest news story since we won the title.

Can you honestly see us in anything other than a relegation battle?

It's clear there are many different reasons for our downfall, but to go from competing in the top six/four to where we are now - this is what makes our current predicament bitterly difficult to accept. That also doesn't mean there isn't a level of perspective etc but the chasm of the club is huge considering we were once looked upon as the model club. To illustrate the level this team was once at, we were even being bandied about as title contenders. So when you take all of this into account, the current top ten target doesn't fill you with great joy; at the same time I can acknowledge where the club/squad is at. It's naturally a complicated situation so removing Brendan and bringing in a new manager wouldn't be straightforward. Below are some further thoughts...

-Points lost from winning positions is high again

-Injuries have clearly become a recurring theme season on season

-Credit for development of players such as Soyuncu before his decline

-His mentality and media comments i.e not being able to compete seeping into the dressing room (the former varies)

-I think he knows he's burnt bridges with fans and has tried to rebuild those 

-Inaccurate comments about the club prior to him being here 

-The separation feeling between him and the club

Edited by AlexFT

1 hour ago, Corky said:

I can cope with it. We are gaining nothing from him being here. If a few of his mates are faux outraged then so be it.

You know what, even Rodgers would benefit from leaving.

This is the craziest part, he still has the media on his side, and most of the footballing world are sucking up his nonsense through the media, the longer he stays the more his reputation will be damaged, he could leave us now, and in 6 months get a job at a top 10 club. Or a team like Everton. 

20 hours ago, Stinky said:

3 warning points for Finners please mods, stay consistent 

Kinell mate, they must hate you. I only got 1 point for telling someone to FOAD (in context) during a heated " debate"

(Mods, I've been a good boy since then though, and really appreciate the wonderful job you do voluntarily, keeping us ****ing reprobates in order 👍🫶)

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Not even a whisper that he is in any sort of trouble. Look forward to the press conference tomorrow where Brendan bullsh*t bingo can resume.

call him anything you want but he is an absolute magician at protecting his image. 

basic coaching failures are completely ignored because of it.

• Haha 1