Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

20 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Lol dude it’s an online football forum

...he is right though!!!

These cryptic post are there to hook posters and leading to late nights and constantly refreshing Twitter for news.

It happened so many times that you would think unless it was certain why post at all. All turned out to be false alarms, but do not post unless you are sure of what you are saying is certain fact.

19 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Kinell mate, they must hate you. I only got 1 point for telling someone to FOAD (in context) during a heated " debate"

(Mods, I've been a good boy since then though, and really appreciate the wonderful job you do voluntarily, keeping us ****ing reprobates in order 👍🫶)

Just checked, it was actually 1, over 10 years ago lol "Abusive towards an ITK" - would I be allowed to be abusive to an OOTK? 

• Haha 1

I think his true calling is in Westminster as a press release manager for Sunak or Starmer. It's been a bad economy and the lads need support when times are tough. Yes, we were disappointed with losing all 400 seats but the sun was in my eyes and I had a cough, we didn't get the message forward quickly enough but we produced some lovely youtube campaign videos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, taupe said:

Out of interest, would you say that includes relegation? I'm sure there will be a just-in-case plan for it, normal contingency planning as you'd expect, but would you think the club might actively plan for it as a foreseen outcome. 

I threw it out there as an off-the-cuff whimsey in another thread somewhere but not for a moment did I mean it as a serious suggestion. I guess we'll see the answer this transfer window; if there's a signing that shows intent, as opposed to a couple of stocking fillers, then maybe the club is fighting to stay up. But could it actually be the case that such is the financial situation, the club cannot afford to operate in the EPL with their current wage bill and meet FFP constraints, or whatever? That relegation would give the club the chance to realign its finances and start over? It makes no sense to me as a business plan but maybe they're hamstrung and need some of these expensive contracts/players to expire/be sold before they have room for manoeuvre again? 

No I don't think it would include relegation because it wouldn't have been envisaged. 

This squad is good enough, the tools Rodgers has are good enough and shouldn't be anywhere near relegation, this is a team that coped with European football albeit having a drop of and an underwhelming league campaign still had somewhat of a recovery to finish 8th last season.

The thoughts were with no European campaign this season we'd be able to fight on all fronts and improve on our league form this season.

I believe he wasn't backed for a reason - whether that be a 'look what you've bought in the past, why should we back you anymore' attitude or trying to push him to leave.

Now I'd have sacked him long before even last summer but he wasn't so the position the club/Top put themselves in left them with the options of backing him or sacking him, again they/he's done neither and continuing to do neither, you'd hope given the circumstances we find ourselves in something will happen one way or the other, the atmosphere surrounding the club to me leaves only one option. Sack him.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 4

37 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is right though!!!

These cryptic post are there to hook posters and leading to late nights and constantly refreshing Twitter for news.

It happened so many times that you would think unless it was certain why post at all. All turned out to be false alarms, but do not post unless you are sure of what you are saying is certain fact.

I agree with you in principle but I think deep down we all know that every poster on here doesn’t have a clue what they’re on about, across every thread, top to bottom. If people are genuinely coming to an online football forum for facts and advice on Rodgers, covid, kingpower, climate change, price of milk, US politics or the range of other nonsense discussed on here there are bigger issues. It’s a great place to talk crap, get opinions on the football, where to drink pre away games and meet like minded people that’s it. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I think deep down we all know that every poster on here doesn’t have a clue what they’re on about, across every thread, top to bottom.

I sincerely hope so. It's certainly how I approach it. That said, I see value in some posts/opinions more than others and so do accord some posters with a kind of 'less likely to be bollocks' status. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

I agree with you in principle but I think deep down we all know that every poster on here doesn’t have a clue what they’re on about, across every thread, top to bottom. If people are genuinely coming to an online football forum for facts and advice on Rodgers, covid, kingpower, climate change, price of milk, US politics or the range of other nonsense discussed on here there are bigger issues. It’s a great place to talk crap, get opinions on the football, where to drink pre away games and meet like minded people that’s it. 

Possibly the most sensible post I've ever read here. 

You, sir, are the new messiah of Foxes Talk. 

Now to business, please can you give me some guidance on COVID, US politics and climate change?  Also what should I get my mum for her birthday? She's a really difficult bugger to buy for.  

• Haha 3

21 hours ago, splinterdream said:

once again im forced to defend Rodger’s but the pool of players we have against a side with far more quality riding the crest of a wave, and we had chances and blew it.

the only criticism I have is that Newcastle look far fitter than we do but they say a team with confidence and a winning mentality often does.

it’s the club that’s letting us down first and foremost.

I want Rodger’s out because we need a manager to build a squad and I don’t want Rodger’s doing that

In response.....  Sean ****ING Longstaff should have had a hat trick. That's Sean ****ING Longstaff!

Let that sink in.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

...the problem is these posters profess to be itk!!!

So their post are looked at as genuine behind the scenes information. 

• Sad 1

Nathan Jones trying to hide his joy at winning tonight, Pep trying to hide his disappointment, is exactly my point in a previous post about having a manager grateful to be managing in the premiership. I can't see the owners paying £10 million to sack him and employing a championship manager, it would be a risk and one cup tie doesn't prove he will be successful but you can see that hunger and determination in his face.

8 hours ago, Matt said:

This is actually along the lines of a quote isn’t it?

Something like “There is no plan B, you just do plan A better”? :crylaugh: 

There is no plan B, we will make Plan A succeed… I kid you not, is hanging up in our companies boardroom… the stupid thing is, we are constantly changing plans 🤣

9 hours ago, markko said:

Has he gone yet?

Yes. Gone. Last spotted in Morrisons. Unbelivable isn't it really, you might not believe me but then again you could just check Google to see if I'm right like normal instead of posting "has he gone" on an internet forum.

• Haha 2