Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

Shortest trawl in the history of trawling.

Would have been even shorter for you.

Just look up 🤣

Down this time.Screenshot_20230112_085526_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e72a724767f01b78b382bd06d608e731.jpg

Edit, I get it now, I was wrong. Soz 

Edit 2, and I thought I was actually editing. I thing to see here, move on and file under "talks a load of bollocks. Doesn't know what he's on about.

Edited by gw_leics772

21 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Some of the posts in Feb. 2019 seem , shall we say , shortsighted now. I am no fan of football managers and would only give any of them a rolling one year contract. 

Pearson should've been given a lifetime contract with a clause that he was unsackable.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Rinse and repeat another blame game pre match Interview coming up.

Media journos giving him a free ride again. No hard questions asked, no pressure applied, sitting there in awe, smiling and nodding.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Media journos giving him a free ride again. No hard questions asked, no pressure applied, sitting there in awe, smiling and nodding.

Smiling and nodding like Colonel Gaddafi's psychiatrist 😂

Edited by Kilworthfox
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

On the xG point, I use xG a bit for betting and I can't ignore the fact I think there's something in it because I've won more than ever since doing so lol but the tables I use place us actually about where we should be, but with these points...

- Our attacking numbers are awful, only Bournemouth and Palace have created fewer chances. Although Palace have played a game less, so if you were wanting to win this bald man fight over a comb you would say only Bournemouth create less than us. You have to thank Maddison, Tielemans and to a degree Barnes for our attacking overperformance. The fact we've created the 18th most chances, yet scored the 10th most goals is a huge anomaly, and quite obviously a big problem when we're going to lose two of those in the summer.

- Defensive numbers are actually better than last season, but like I said, we now have a worse goalkeeper. I don't think it's exaggerating to say we could be around 9th/10th with an average goalkeeper rather than Ward.

- West Ham are underperforming and are likely to pull out of it.

- Chelsea have been genuinely awful, amazingly, worse than us.

The last few years have seen us requiring real quality at both ends. I know Schmeichel frustrated us and did regress but he still kept us in matches and won us points.

5 hours ago, Happy Fox said:

Rinse and repeat another blame game pre match Interview coming up.

But you and others also repeat & blame every week...Silly ninkenpoops hanging on every word of any football manager...

Poor souls wasting so much time..

Even if he didn't say anything...like a duck chasing his own ar*se..

Guest Col city fan
11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

On the xG point, I use xG a bit for betting and I can't ignore the fact I think there's something in it because I've won more than ever since doing so lol but the tables I use place us actually about where we should be, but with these points...

- Our attacking numbers are awful, only Bournemouth and Palace have created fewer chances. Although Palace have played a game less, so if you were wanting to win this bald man fight over a comb you would say only Bournemouth create less than us. You have to thank Maddison, Tielemans and to a degree Barnes for our attacking overperformance. The fact we've created the 18th most chances, yet scored the 10th most goals is a huge anomaly, and quite obviously a big problem when we're going to lose two of those in the summer.

- Defensive numbers are actually better than last season, but like I said, we now have a worse goalkeeper. I don't think it's exaggerating to say we could be around 9th/10th with an average goalkeeper rather than Ward.

- West Ham are underperforming and are likely to pull out of it.

- Chelsea have been genuinely awful, amazingly, worse than us.

Great post mate. Very interesting. Which Xg tables do you use?

Anyone use Betfair??

I’m new to the platform and it doesn’t quite make sense to me…. Below is the “Next Sacked” book.

Lay Rodgers (shudder) looks like 100/1? If I lay a £1 though it gives me a liability of £100.

Is that bet there just to clog the system?? I’ve got 2 bets at 28/1 on him being sacked and wanted to Lay the same stake at say 6/1 so I can’t lose.

I thought I understood it but obviously don’t!! 

CF27D0B0-03D7-4461-9E89-71BD9DBC3455.png

Edited by 5waller5

5 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Anyone use Betfair??

I’m new to the platform and it doesn’t quite make sense to me…. Below is the “Next Sacked” book.

Lay Rodgers (shudder) looks like 100/1? If I lay a £1 though it gives me a liability of £100.

Is that bet there just to clog the system?? I’ve got 2 bets at 28/1 on him being sacked and wanted to Lay the same stake at say 6/1 so I can’t lose.

I thought I understood it but obviously don’t!! 

CF27D0B0-03D7-4461-9E89-71BD9DBC3455.png

You’re on the exchange, so the £1 100/1 bet is basically someone else asking for that price. So someone has placed an open bet on the exchange asking for 100/1 and they’ve staked £1, the bet then enters the exchange and if you want to take that bet you can lay it for that amount. So these bets are basically open bets that haven’t yet been matched by other punters, so on the blue side, that’s what lay betters have offered to the market, and on the red side, that is what backers are asking the layers to offer them. 
If for example I put a bet up and asked for 50/1, my 50/1 bet would replace the 100/1 bet in the queue as it’s a lower price, but it wouldn’t yet be matched, it would just sit there until someone took that bet, because currently the best available price is 12.5/1. 

likewise the back side of the book in blue, that is what someone else has offered up to others, so someone else has offered 12.5/1 upto a max stake of £9. If you took that bet, the next available price offered by someone else would replace that one on the book. 

so when you’re on the exchange just think of it as a room full of people offering bets up to eachother. In markets with low liquidity you often get these wild price differences because not a huge amount of people are betting on them. 

also note that you obviously don’t have to have the full £9 bet, if you wanted you could put £5 on rodgers to be sacked at 12.5/1, and that would just reduce the amount available on that bet to £4. 

Looking at this book though, it’s a hell of a risk that someone has offered £9 @ 12.5 lol, that’s the beauty of the exchange though, there’s always someone willing to offer a stupid price. 

regarding your 28/1 bet, did it get matched? Or is it still unmatched? 

Hope this all makes sense, it can be a pain to explain but it’s really simple once you’ve got it. 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, StanSP said:

Would love Chelsea to go for him. He'd love the chance to spend shitloads. 

Wishful thinking but they've been burned getting a manager from a smaller Premier League team this season. They'll either interim or try for someone they see as a big name thats won it all. 

Wouldnt be surprised if for them its an interim until the end of the season then all in on Simeone in the summer. 

4 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

You’re on the exchange, so the £1 100/1 bet is basically someone else asking for that price. So someone has placed an open bet on the exchange asking for 100/1 and they’ve staked £1, the bet then enters the exchange and if you want to take that bet you can lay it for that amount. So these bets are basically open bets that haven’t yet been matched by other punters, so on the blue side, that’s what lay betters have offered to the market, and on the red side, that is what backers are asking the layers to offer them. 
If for example I put a bet up and asked for 50/1, my 50/1 bet would replace the 100/1 bet in the queue as it’s a lower price, but it wouldn’t yet be matched, it would just sit there until someone took that bet, because currently the best available price is 12.5/1. 

likewise the back side of the book in blue, that is what someone else has offered up to others, so someone else has offered 12.5/1 upto a max stake of £9. If you took that bet, the next available price offered by someone else would replace that one on the book. 

so when you’re on the exchange just think of it as a room full of people offering bets up to eachother. In markets with low liquidity you often get these wild price differences because not a huge amount of people are betting on them. 

also note that you obviously don’t have to have the full £9 bet, if you wanted you could put £5 on rodgers to be sacked at 12.5/1, and that would just reduce the amount available on that bet to £4. 

Looking at this book though, it’s a hell of a risk that someone has offered £9 @ 12.5 lol, that’s the beauty of the exchange though, there’s always someone willing to offer a stupid price. 

regarding your 28/1 bet, did it get matched? Or is it still unmatched? 

Hope this all makes sense, it can be a pain to explain but it’s really simple once you’ve got it. 

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that explanation - much appreciated. That’s also how I understood it. 
Yes the 28/1 was on offer already so I took it and the next on offer was 25/1 so took that one too. 

Then I wanted to lay that same stake at say 4/1 creating a no-lose situation. My unmatched offer doesn’t appear on the screen though - still the 100/1 - is that because it doesn’t show my own unmatched bets on the market (to me)??

When you lay a bet the odds are effectively reversed the 100 actually means there’s an offer of 1/100 available to accept not 100/1??

Does any of that make sense!!!??? 

Thanks!!

His reputation for cold shouldering will have circulated on the agents and players grapevine.This will almost certainly be another factor in deterring players from coming here. Once again we have to resort to bribery to overcome this.

• Like 1