Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

But he is completely right on the issue with the limited spending on transfers????

No need to blame him, it was my uncle who blew up total of £50mil on Soumare, Vestergaard and Bertrand.

He is a bloody saint after all...🤣🤣🤣

Edited by kiwiturk

1 hour ago, 5waller5 said:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that explanation - much appreciated. That’s also how I understood it. 
Yes the 28/1 was on offer already so I took it and the next on offer was 25/1 so took that one too. 

Then I wanted to lay that same stake at say 4/1 creating a no-lose situation. My unmatched offer doesn’t appear on the screen though - still the 100/1 - is that because it doesn’t show my own unmatched bets on the market (to me)??
So as far as I remember the exchange to be you should have an option for "my bets" then you have a tab for singles, multiples and "open" bets. any unmatched bets would show there, I'll be honest I can't really remember how the betfair exchange layout was as I've not had a bet for many years now, funny story on that, I got an email one day saying someone tried to change my paddy power password years ago, and since I'd not used paddy power for years previous to that (I was a betfair user) I decided just to close my account with them, 
The process to close the account took absolutely ages, and at the time they required loads of information, and as I was going through the process of closing the account I failed to notice that I wasn't just closing my account, but I was "self excluding" myself from ever having an account with them again, it was to do with the whole safe gambling push by the government, So I self excluded myself by mistake, Betfair and a few other betting sites are owned by the same company that own paddy power, so my betfair account was also included in that lol so it's been a while since I've used it as they won't let me open an account with them, always read the terms and conditions lol

When you lay a bet the odds are effectively reversed the 100 actually means there’s an offer of 1/100 available to accept not 100/1??

I think you're understanding this correctly but i'm not 100% sure based on the wording, I wouldn't say the odds are reversed, more than the liability is reversed, so when you back on the exchange, you are the punter, and the other person who offered the price is the bookmaker, and when you lay a bet, you are now the bookmaker and you're offering the price to someone else. 
So a 100/1 back bet you're trying to earn £100 from a £1 stake. And a 100/1 Lay bet, you're trying to win £1, with the risk of losing £100. With lay betting, you become Ladbrokes/Paddy/Coral. 

Does any of that make sense!!!??? 

Thanks!!

With regard to back-to-lay bets to hedge yourself against both outcomes, there are lots of back-to-lay calculators online if you google them, because betfair make money on the exchange from their 5% commission from winnings, so it's easier to use a calculator that includes a calculation for the commission to properly work out what your profit would be if you lay off your bet at xyz price.
And forgive me if you already knew this, but on the betfair exchange, you'll notice it uses a decimal system rather than traditional "10/1" fractions, this is mainly because it's a superior system to place bets when the prices go below even, once you go below even money, the fraction system can become quite confusing. For example on the betfair exchange, you could bet on a football match where a team is priced at 1.89, place £1 on, win 89p+£1 stake back, in Ladbrokes, you would never be offered that price, because the odds would be something silly like 189/100, so bookmakers tend to offer more simplified prices, betfair exchange can offer a much wider variety of prices because of the decimal system. With this in mind, "even money" (1/1 in a traditional bookmaker) is actually 2.0 on the exchange. (1.01 is 1/100, 1.10 is 10/100 all the way up to 2.0 where it becomes even money) So when you see a price of 28 on the exchange, it actually means 27/1 and 4 would be 3/1 because you need to take into account that everything between 1.01 and 2 are negative prices.  
I really hope i've not confused the matter here, it can be very difficult to explain with such a wide array of numbers without overtalking the subject lol

• Thanks 1

I reckon having an in depth chat on a public forum about the inner workings of a next manager sacked betting market, would be the thing that made me seek help... :ph34r:

*caveat... not a dig at Lee's excellent explanation!!

Edited by AjcW
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I reckon having an in depth chat on a public forum about the inner workings of a next manager sacked betting market, would be the thing that made me seek help... :ph34r:

*caveat... not a dig at Lee's excellent explanation!!

I mean it's going to happen, so atleast people can profit from it right? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, norwichfox said:

Any idea when, needs to be soon...before he devalues the remaining good players in the squad.

Honestly the football we are playing at the moment is devaluing my few remaining brain cells, I’ll be clapping at throw-ins at this rate 

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, 5waller5 said:

Hi Lee,

Thanks for that explanation - much appreciated. That’s also how I understood it. 
Yes the 28/1 was on offer already so I took it and the next on offer was 25/1 so took that one too. 

Then I wanted to lay that same stake at say 4/1 creating a no-lose situation. My unmatched offer doesn’t appear on the screen though - still the 100/1 - is that because it doesn’t show my own unmatched bets on the market (to me)??

When you lay a bet the odds are effectively reversed the 100 actually means there’s an offer of 1/100 available to accept not 100/1??

Does any of that make sense!!!??? 

Thanks!!

Go into settings and tick "Market Depth". You can tell more about the market in general. Click the graph icon next to Rodgers name to see where your lay bet stands in comparison to other layers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan is an old west snake oil salesman. He’s got the tan and the slightly ill worn suite to match. His Cillit bang smile and shifty eyes. Robbing a living while we slide back to where we came from, but none of it is his fault. 

He’s only just tolerable when we’re winning. I honestly thought he was a good manager back when he arrived here. Like most I was enthused. 

How wrong I was. He is presiding over the disintegration of everything we’ve built since the Pearson miracle. It’s as serious as that. Make no mistake people, the rot is deep, the danger real and our prospects going forward are dire. 

I said it at the time ,shooting fish in a barrel with Celtic is no guarantee of excellence.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Having just watched his presser on the club website, he's full of BS isn't he.

So if you accuse....where on point is the BS...

I might want Rodgers gone,because of his on pitch action & record of performance....

Making up conspiracy worthy antics,is ok for the Soap-opera brigade...The vocabulary & snidey hints are more pathetic than the ones they are blaming

Rodgers for..

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Brendan is an old west snake oil salesman. He’s got the tan and the slightly ill worn suite to match. His Cillit bang smile and shifty eyes. Robbing a living while we slide back to where we came from, but none of it is his fault. 

He’s only just tolerable when we’re winning. I honestly thought he was a good manager back when he arrived here. Like most I was enthused. 

How wrong I was. He is presiding over the disintegration of everything we’ve built since the Pearson miracle. It’s as serious as that. Make no mistake people, the rot is deep, the danger real and our prospects going forward are dire. 

The tap being closed on transfers is what has found him out.

He needs a constant refresh of players, so he can replace the players who have gone in to decline / stopped listening or / and been exiled.

He isn’t able to organise or motivate and with a never ending injury list he is grasping in the dark for solutions.

A lot this season now depends on whether the Board release funds and he can trade. 

3 hours ago, JimmyC74 said:

The tap being closed on transfers is what has found him out.

He needs a constant refresh of players, so he can replace the players who have gone in to decline / stopped listening or / and been exiled.

He isn’t able to organise or motivate and with a never ending injury list he is grasping in the dark for solutions.

A lot this season now depends on whether the Board release funds and he can trade. 

Isn’t that every manager in football, ever! All squads need a constant refresh of players. How well do you think Pep, Klopp, Ferguson would do with no transfers and no ability to refresh the squad?

• Like 4

On 12/01/2023 at 16:47, Bordersfox said:

I was listening to radio commentary of our QF against Newcastle as the wife insisted we watch the Charlton QF.  I think the co comms was Steve Stone.  In the same sentence he was deploring our set up, saying the gaps between our lines were huge etc but then saying Rodgers was tactically one of the most astute managers in the league.  He even used the phrase 'tactical masterclass' in relation to Rodgers.  Whilst seeing with his very own eyes, and commentating upon, us getting torn a new one in the first half.  Bizarre.  

It's mental isn't it. They're that brainwashed into the "he's such a good coach" etc... but ignore the fact you see absolutely nothing resembling it. It is crazy how little scrutiny he's under.

On 12/01/2023 at 22:47, Col city fan said:

Great post mate. Very interesting. Which Xg tables do you use?

Simply called football-xg; https://footballxg.com/xg-league-tables/ quite good for looking at your likely picks for BTTS etc... that's where I've won the majority of my money.

Obviously it's only a guide but I don't think it's an accident I've gotten better.

6 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

This is where you have to question the DoF as well though. I agree with you but how can nobody at the club see it?

4 hours ago, Gazza M said:

If he is having a say on transfers as he mentioned chats with Glover this week doesn't sound like he's going anywhere immediately. 

What will it take? 9, 10, 11 losses on the bounce FFS. 

Honestly I think relegation. This board have fully fallen for it hook line and sinker with him. They won't realise until it's official.