Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 minute ago, TMELcfc said:

So… his last game today?  😅

No, I don't think so. We're in for the long haul, the bumpy ride. We've just got to cross our fingers. Unless he resigns of course, gets another job offer.

I don't think we can keep him though, not longer term. I think too many of his decisions (both on the field and off) are causing us problems. As a club, I don't think we can afford the kind of player churn his seems to require to play his brand of football. We need another vision, one more aligned with the club we are.

I actually get the feeling that if he loses today, that might be it.  Just a feeling, no inside knowledge etc.  Just think it'll be one too many embarrassments if we come out of todays game with a beating which would more or less put us on level points with the bottom 3 with a horrific run of games coming up. 

6 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

I actually get the feeling that if he loses today, that might be it.  Just a feeling, no inside knowledge etc.  Just think it'll be one too many embarrassments if we come out of todays game with a beating which would more or less put us on level points with the bottom 3 with a horrific run of games coming up. 

I just feel his demeanour after the Newcastle game suggested this. Almost like it was all over, it just needed confirming. Perhaps that’s what Top is waiting for…. But regardless of todays result he should go. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I just feel his demeanour after the Newcastle game suggested this. Almost like it was all over, it just needed confirming. Perhaps that’s what Top is waiting for…. But regardless of todays result he should go. 

I agree its difficult to fathom out if the players are still behind him, especially with that good run we had prior to the WC.

Today's match will go a bit of the way to answer that, if its similar levels to the performance against Newcastle he should / has to go, new ideas, and a fresh outlook will be needed, his vision and the clubs ability to back that vision are not synchronised.

• Like 1

How many “last chance”, “last  games” have Rodgers had?!

He’s the least under pressure manager in the league.

Besides even if he has had many “last chances” what’s the point? You know the answer, if you’re at the stage just get it over with - the fact we’ve stagnated for so long says everything you need to know about his many “last chances”.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Matt said:

Besides even if he has had many “last chances” what’s the point? You know the answer, if you’re at the stage just get it over with - the fact we’ve stagnated for so long says everything’s you need to know about his many “last chances”.

Ultimately, what fans think in terms of 'last chances' is irrelevant. The owners make the decision on whether Rodgers should go so in terms of 'last chances', it depends how many he has had in their minds.

My hunch, and that's all it is, is that he's had 2 'last chances'. The most recent being the slump at the start of the season, but he rescued himself with the pre-WC form.

I imagine the next 'last chance' is probably coming quite soon with our current form. Regardless of impending transfers. 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

if we lose today it should only speed up the urgency of new signings rather than him being sacked. Unless we get whacked by 5 or 6 he is not going anywhere by the looks of it. As for today just fcuking win!!!!

Unfortunately, I agree... Why spend a load of money (if we do actually sign anyone) then sack the manager... then again, it would could end up being a double lift, if we get a new manager and a couple of new singings. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ultimately, what fans think in terms of 'last chances' is irrelevant. The owners make the decision on whether Rodgers should go so in terms of 'last chances', it depends how many he has had in their minds.

My hunch, and that's all it is, is that he's had 2 'last chances'. The most recent being the slump at the start of the season, but he rescued himself with the pre-WC form.

I imagine the next 'last chance' is probably coming quite soon with our current form. Regardless of impending transfers. 

Agree with what the fans think is irrelevant but i'm assuming anyone claiming a 'last chance' is what they perceive of the club/owners.

As I said based on everyone and anyone's opinion if he is or ever was at the point of a 'last chance' - Pull the trigger. If it really comes down to one game, it's likely we'll be at the point sooner or later again and here we are, we've been here a few times. 

As i've just said in another thread (And I think I said to you a few months back) it's a revolving cycle. Getting away with his way, style, philosophy for months on end, struggling, playing turgid, boring football, then it comes to a point where he has to change, changes to a style he despises, gets a few results, back to his way, style, philosophy and they way he sees how the game should be played.

Rinse and repeat.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, Matt said:

Besides even if he has had many “last chances” what’s the point? You know the answer, if you’re at the stage just get it over with - the fact we’ve stagnated for so long says everything’s you need to know about his many “last chances”.

None because I don’t think he’s under any pressure at all from the hierarchy within the club.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think you’re right. 

Top is clearly far too loyal, but even he must have his limits! He knows he will lose the fan base if he carries on allowing Rodgers to run this club into the ground. 

My issue is, and again this is just my opinion…. But for me, he clearly doesn’t want to be here…. His bottom lip started to show following the charity shield victory, he didn’t get any of the jobs going with the “big six” clubs. I genuinely feel he thought he had done enough to get a move away and it never came, and his attitude has just declined ever since. 

If my opinion has a shred of truth about it he has taken everyone for mugs, either way he walks away with a pocket full of cash, and thanks to the greater sporting world a reputation intact. The only losers in this situation are us…. He will eventually be sacked, but will it all be too late? 

42 minutes ago, Matt said:

Besides even if he has had many “last chances” what’s the point? You know the answer, if you’re at the stage just get it over with - the fact we’ve stagnated for so long says everything you need to know about his many “last chances”.

The fans have to get it into themselves,THEY are the only ones discussing last chance...!!

If the dismissal comes at sometime, it will be nothing based on what we fans feel or think....

I even doubt that the board/management are even contemplating such a measure...

Our ownership hired Sven and Ranieri, although one was a failure and the other a miraculous success, it was miraculous. Both were terrible appointments at the time for Footballing reasons. The idea they're completely besotted by Rodgers and are constantly falling for his lies, is not necessarily false. 

48 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The fans have to get it into themselves,THEY are the only ones discussing last chance...!!

If the dismissal comes at sometime, it will be nothing based on what we fans feel or think....

I even doubt that the board/management are even contemplating such a measure...

If not, why not ?

Was speaking to a Scouser who was about when Rodgers had his time at Liverpool. Told an interesting tale of how Rodgers current wife was already in a relationship when Rodgers met her, turned her head with the money and left her partner for Rodgers. The partner did not take it well and police were constantly called.

The former partner sadly killed himself over it.