Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Few lads who I know support Chelsea reckon Potter will be given his marching orders after their next game. Would be a good opportunity to boot Rodgers if true? 

Do people never think that perhaps a manager likes a break before walking in to their next job?

I highly doubt Potter gets sacked at Chelsea and wants to rock up a week later to sort out our mess. 

I can only assume the senior professionals at the club are 'sounded out' by the board for some feedback.

I guess that just leaves Vardy and Albrighton now but in the past would also include Schmeichel and Morgan.

Anyways, they may be reporting that the players are fully behind BR and believe things will turn around. Hence he still being here.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian S said:

You would rather have Rodgers than Dyche?

I'd rather have neither. That's the best option. 

What do you think would happen with Sean dyche that wouldn't happen with almost any manager? 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

Just now, splinterdream said:

To think the people that negotiated his contract probably earn 6 maybe even 7 figure salaries, that’s assuming we can’t sack him because it’s cost us too much 

Put him on gardening leave or hope to God he would take a severance pay, just get him gone.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, casablancas said:

Dyche may not be a tikka takka manager, or possession based … but we’ve tried that with Brendan and if ain’t working. At least he may motivate the players and do something on the sidelines, not just fold arms and ‘clap’

The thing you have though is our squad is about as far removed from a dyche side as is possible. He wouldn’t be able to set us up like Burnley so it’d be new territory for dyche 

1 minute ago, splinterdream said:

The thing you have though is our squad is about as far removed from a dyche side as is possible. He wouldn’t be able to set us up like Burnley so it’d be new territory for dyche 

Maybe. But motivation and fight are something we desperately need. If we go down then so be it; but I’d rather these coonts give it some graft rather than go down with our tail between our legs. 

Edited by casablancas

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Really?

I'd say that about our obsession and insistence to play so-called 'pretty' tika taka.

Besides I think Dyche could be more flexible and adaptable than Brodge.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Put him on gardening leave or hope to God he would take a severance pay, just get him gone.

I don’t think Rodger’s thinks any of this is his fault, and i think he’d believe his reputation is at no risk, therefore I’d doubt he’d negotiate a settlement 

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

I don’t think Rodger’s thinks any of this is his fault, and i think he’d believe his reputation is at no risk, therefore I’d doubt he’d negotiate a settlement 

Here in lies the problem he alongside Top both have their head in the sand.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Weird answer from Rodgers when asked about signings saying "When the club has signed someone, they will let us know"...   Almost like he isn't involved in the process whatsoever.

Amazing isn't it? I saw the use of 'they' (they will let us know) and thought 'wow, talk about distancing yourself'

5 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

It only needs a proper target man signing and it could easily be. The big man up front is coming back!

2 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Maybe. But motivation and fight are something we desperately need. If we go down then so be it; but I’d rather these coonts give it some graft rather than go down with our tail between our legs. 

I agree, I don’t see this as Rodger’s fault but I don’t think he helps, but that’s just my opinion. I have a doubt about our players fitness in games, I think Rodger’s personal battles with some players prevents him from playing the best 11 available in the best formation, and personally I’d set us up to ply attacking football as I think we will always concede, so we need to score goals, that’s where our problem lies, Vardy upfront on his own at 36 is ridiculous 

Started years ago when we choked twice to

miss out on Champions League. Guys this is how good our squad was. Blowing it while trying is one thing, but a few of us saw what was coming which is Rodgers’ conservatism/Rodgerball demotivating and taking risks out of the team.  I said it at the time but got shot down by many (but some of you saw it too). Years have gone by and instead of improving players Rodgers has made them scared of passing forward and scared of losing the ball which ironically made our players lesser players and a shadow of their formal selves.

Rodgers says he improves players. He is now proven to be a definite fraud. He kills them.

He complains of a lack of spending. Yes we are not Man City but we have spent big for our club with a large wage bill. The only reason we have a small net spend is because other clubs were willing to fund us - Maguire, Chilwell and Fofana. (I don’t want to include Mahrez as I think even at 50m it was a steal by Man City).

He has to go. We have no creativity and he puts 7/8 defenders on the pitch and leave Nacho on the bench against Forest. What more can I say.

Edited by Tom12345